The Contentious Opinions Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: The Contentious Opinions Thread
Oh, I love most all genres of music when done well, except for opera. I like my classical without vocals, thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2015, 08:34 AM
When not wearing combat boots, socks and sandals are the way to go. It may look goofy as shit but there is no more comfortable combination.

And I shave my armpits whenever the hair gets long enough that I couldn't easily spot a tick.

'Murican Canadian
12-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Liberalism and conservatism are not ideologies or political theories, they are groupthink dominated social groups, both equally full of shit and every bit as irrational as religion.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-07-2015, 08:52 AM
(10-07-2015 08:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 08:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Did it help your self esteem to have the implants after your surgery?

I'm small busted myself. It's a more streamlined look. I've always disliked huge boobs, but then, I'm not a guy.

Sorry if this is off topic, gang.

Ta-tas are never off-topic. Big Grin

Sometimes off-limits though Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-07-2015, 08:54 AM
(12-07-2015 08:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  When not wearing combat boots, socks and sandals are the way to go. It may look goofy as shit but there is no more comfortable combination.

And I shave my armpits whenever the hair gets long enough that I couldn't easily spot a tick.

I want to like this but I'm torn between the socks/sandal combo and the armpit shaving Hobo

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Contentious opinions, huh? Hmmmm... Consider

1) As every genre of music ever created is littered with songs of both the awesome, AND awful variety, all anyone saying all metal sucks, or all country sucks, needs is some time with TheGulegon's music collection to have their closed minds opened! Sleepy

2) Which would you ladies rather see around the skinny-dippin hole? A clean shaven man with a $1000 haircut hung like a pimple, or a three-legged fella with facial hair and a buzz cut? Thought so! Drinking Beverage

3) Breast feeding infants fixate on boobies, big or small! Grown men fixate on dat ASS! [Image: bleh.gif]

Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
17-07-2015, 04:28 AM
(11-07-2015 12:36 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Oh, I love most all genres of music when done well, except for opera. I like my classical without vocals, thanks.

Well, it depends. While not Opera, there are some instances where classical + vocals is good (get tissues before watching):

(14-07-2015 04:39 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  3) Breast feeding infants fixate on boobies, big or small! Grown men fixate on dat ASS! [Image: bleh.gif]

Ass is love. Ass is life. Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
19-07-2015, 07:22 AM
I hate talent shows too.

SINGING IS NOT A TALENT.

Most people can sing good and are just lucky to be born with the ability. Then we have the fools who over sing and try and cram as many notes into a bar as possible. JUST SING THE FUCKING MELODY.

Anyone who disagrees with me is just plain wrong.
19-07-2015, 07:31 AM
(11-07-2015 12:36 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Oh, I love most all genres of music when done well, except for opera. I like my classical without vocals, thanks.

Due to a class requirement to attend a live musical performance, I went to my first (and probably last) opera. It was so not my thing. I can appreciate the ability to really belt out a song but opera just really doesn't do it for me.

Also, I tend not to care much for female singers, with few exceptions. Though I recognize the talent, the higher female voices tend to grate on my nerves. Joni Mitchell is a wonderful songwriter and I appreciate that but I prefer songs she wrote that have been performed by CSNY or other male artists/groups. I don't like to sound sexist about it, I guess I just like the deeper voices...Stevie Nicks, Natalie Merchant, Annie Lennox...those I like.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-07-2015, 01:48 PM
(19-07-2015 07:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Due to a class requirement to attend a live musical performance, I went to my first (and probably last) opera. It was so not my thing. I can appreciate the ability to really belt out a song but opera just really doesn't do it for me.

Also, I tend not to care much for female singers, with few exceptions. Though I recognize the talent, the higher female voices tend to grate on my nerves. Joni Mitchell is a wonderful songwriter and I appreciate that but I prefer songs she wrote that have been performed by CSNY or other male artists/groups. I don't like to sound sexist about it, I guess I just like the deeper voices...Stevie Nicks, Natalie Merchant, Annie Lennox...those I like.

I've tried to like opera too. I finally realized why opera doesn't appeal to me; the words don't rhyme in the songs, at least I can't hear any rhymes. It doesn't have to be super rhymed like June, Moon, soon etc. but something that sounds good together.

I do like parts of Madam Butterfly and The Merry Widow is fun, the Magic Flute is ok. I do love Gilbert and Sullivan but that's more light opera.

Linda Ronstadt is the girl in the beginning. Funny song.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.