The Cool Gadgets Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2016, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2016 03:31 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
The Cool Gadgets Thread
This thread is for att tech that's cool, be it watches, yachts, exotic sports cars, spy stuff - you name it.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Seabreacher Dolphin watercraft: I think they ran this one in that Hammacher Schemmler catalog. You know, that catalog you read in Skymall on airline flights and ponder why a sane person would spend $60 for a toupee polisher or a computer mouse cozy. Anyway, it's a real watercraft capable of speeds as high as 60mph as well as diving like a submarine and doing barrel rolls and high G turns. Price: $150,000.

Bede BD-5 Microjet. Yes an actual jet that fits into your garage at home and all for about $50,000, depending on build options and features. It does have a bit of a reputation as a widow maker having killed several pilots on the Coors Light Silver Bullet team at air shows but no guts no glory. Best know for its appearance in the 007 movie Octopussy where Roger Moore escapes using the jet fitted into a custom horse trailer.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
24-09-2016, 03:57 PM
RE: The Cool Gadgets Thread
Damn it...now I am off on a Sharper Image adventure. I used to love gadgets from them and still have some. I learned of them through Skymall.

One of my favorite things from them they no longer sell...'cause CDs are a thing of the past. It is a travel alarm clock/thermometer that had a CD player/radio/TV band and it also played several ambient sounds (thunderstorm and ocean waves being my favorite). It closes up like a clamshell and was easy to pack in a carry on bag and listen to with headphones. Nice in a hotel room to not have to figure out their alarm clocks and also to drown out hotel noises.

Off to look at the online catalog. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Good luck finding one - a Schrade/vise grip multitool... The one with the needle nose Visegrip...... I bought one years ago and wish I had bought a dozen.....out of production......

They're that good.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Like these?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
25-09-2016, 06:19 AM
(24-09-2016 07:00 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Like these?

Nope.....

They are the lo├žking type.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-09-2016, 11:03 AM
I hate looking at gadgets . . .

'COS I WANT THEM ALL!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
25-09-2016, 11:30 AM
The gadgets that go with me (in addition to 24hrs medication, ear plugs, hearing aid, tissues, pen etc.) in my bumbag on every trip further than round my nearby friend's house.

[Image: 26390s7.jpg]

Tinypic refuses to offer this image the right way up, I inverted and saved the original as a different name but still arse-over-head.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.