The Creationist Museum Is Failing, And Ken Ham Is Blaming Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2017, 03:03 AM
RE: The Creationist Museum Is Failing, And Ken Ham Is Blaming Atheists
The ark may turn out to be a magnificent white elephant. A doomed enterprise.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2017, 03:29 AM
I sure hope they pull the thing down, rather than leaving it there to rot. How the fuck is AIG still in business?

I've just spent the past half hour reading up on AIG and Ken Ham, and I'm pretty much gobsmacked. These people are just dumb. There isn't much else to say other than they are narrow minded dumb assholes. For lack of a better feeling/thought/better phrase "Jesus Christ".

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
24-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Somebody recently posted this joke on YouTube:

Q.) What's the difference between Ark Encounter and the Titanic?

A.) The Titanic was sunk by an iceberg. Ark Encounter sank all by itself. Laughat
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
24-07-2017, 07:38 AM
Every villain on Scooby Doo, " I would have gotten away with it too if it were not for those meddling kids".

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2017, 07:56 AM
So the articles say that Ham has to bring things into compliance or else get hit with the huge tax bill. Does that mean selling it back to himself for another $10 into a for-profit company?

Even if he did that, he shouldn't get away scott free for this obvious duplicitous criminal activity.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
24-07-2017, 08:15 AM
It looks like they are simply saying, no, uh-uh, bring yourself back into compliance or else. We'll even give you a resonable extension if you need a little more time than 30 days, but no -- this deal is verboten. It is essentially getting a tax break on the basis of being for-profit, then becoming non-profit to get a different tax break in addition. Not going to happen.

So I think this is probably just a gambit they tried and failed and will have to walk back and pay the tax they were trying to evade.

There's a separate matter where the local emergency services need upgrading because of all the calls they get from Ark Encounter (heat stroke? heart attacks?) and Ark Encounter doesn't want to pay that tax.

Basically they seem to be from the "all taxes are pesecution" school of thinking.

So much as I'd like this to take down the whole house of cards I kind of doubt that will happen.
24-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Ham's rainbow lighting's success has the same chance of "changing minds" that painting swastikas on a new government high rise would have of "bringing back" a venerated artisitic/architectural motif into accepted use. Not going to happen, for years and years and years. I think LGBTs should create a festival weekend in the Ark's parking lot to celebrate the lighting, deliberately "misunderstanding" Ham's intent and thanking him for publicly recognizing and advancing their cause. Then arrest him for tax evasion (could there be no more blatantly anti-christian impulse than seeking to evade payment for providing safety for your patrons? Ham needs to be exorcised).
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
24-07-2017, 03:57 PM
We tend to forget just how fortunate the ark dwellers were when the waters receded that they didn't find themselves in Michael Caine's predicament:

[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
24-07-2017, 04:46 PM
(24-07-2017 03:57 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  We tend to forget just how fortunate the ark dwellers were when the waters receded that they didn't find themselves in Michael Caine's predicament:

> Holy smoke! I saw that movie when I was over in Vietnam. Thumbsup
25-07-2017, 04:25 AM
(24-07-2017 06:20 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Ark Encounter sank all by itself.

this assumes the ark was ever floating above water to begin with.... Drinking Beverage

The more one asserts their own unquestioned preconceived beliefs, the more demanding I will be for empirical evidence for I will accept nothing else in place of it