The Creationist Museum Is Failing, And Ken Ham Is Blaming Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2017, 08:24 PM
RE: The Creationist Museum Is Failing, And Ken Ham Is Blaming Atheists
How much power would you be willing to allot the government to stop it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2017, 08:27 PM
(26-06-2017 08:24 PM)ImFred Wrote:  How much power would you be willing to allot the government to stop it?
I don't think the state of Kentucky should have given it an $18 million tax break, as it did, but other than that it's none of the government's business.
[+] 3 users Like LifelongAtheist's post
27-06-2017, 06:38 AM
(26-06-2017 02:53 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Not the "Ham & AiG News" one. PZ Meyers actually points out that he visited the museum, himself, and that they don't seem to be failing at all. Numerous other failings, of course, but even Meyers admitted they had a full tour during his random visit.

The park can be busy and still lose money.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
27-06-2017, 06:40 AM
(26-06-2017 01:43 PM)Ace Wrote:  

It was doomed from the start. What percentage of Christians are young Earth creationists? That's your market. Not enough of them to keep an enterprise like this afloat. Once you've seen it, are you really going to go back again.

The free market punishes irrationality.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
27-06-2017, 07:37 AM
But where did Ken Ham blame atheists? OP video has no Ham clips or quotes, correct?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
27-06-2017, 07:50 AM
(27-06-2017 07:37 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  But where did Ken Ham blame atheists? OP video has no Ham clips or quotes, correct?
I don't have any links handy, but I've seen reports of this in a few places. I think the Friendly Atheist was one of them.
27-06-2017, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2017 08:25 AM by Heath_Tierney.)
(27-06-2017 07:37 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  But where did Ken Ham blame atheists? OP video has no Ham clips or quotes, correct?

I haven't watched the video, but in numerous articles he's pretty clear: the failure of the park is all the fault of atheists and the media.

Creationist Ken Ham blames atheists and ‘fake news’ for failing Ark Encounter theme park

Quote:“Sadly, they are influencing business investors and others in such a negative way that they may prevent Grant County, Kentucky, from achieving the economic recovery that its officials and residents have been seeking,” complained Ken Ham, president of Answers in Genesis.

“Why so many lies and misinformation? Simply because we are in a spiritual battle, and the intolerant secularists are so upset with such world-class attraction like the Ark (and Creation Museum) that publicly proclaim a Christian message,” Ham claimed. “They will resort to whatever tactics they deem necessary to try to malign the attractions.”

Not just atheists, Ham also blamed the media for not uncritically repeating his alternative facts.

“Nowadays, it seems very few reporters in the secular media actually want to report facts regarding what they cover as news,” Ham said. “I’ve found that not only do these kinds of reporters generally do very poor or lazy research, they will actually make things up for their agenda purposes.”

That whole right-wing "personal responsibility" thing ain't all it's cracked up to me, is it Ken?
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
27-06-2017, 07:55 AM
(27-06-2017 07:50 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  That whole right-wing "personal responsibility" thing ain't all it's cracked up to me, is it Ken?

It seems that the conservatives who are the most vocal in their condemnations of liberals are just projecting their own failings on us.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
27-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Christian wing nut in "why won't you do as I tell you" shocker.

Seriously though, what a bloody spanner that guy is. "They won't report my fake news on THEIR fake news channel". NO Ken, people won't talk about your garbage museum, because its not an actual museum, and it's filled with lies about how the earth was created.

In all honesty, I don't really care that there is a place like this, but for equality's sake, surely there should be all kinds of these "museums" in the same place telling the story's of all religions, not just one? Each one having a sign saying "now you've head [Religion names] story, why not see the true story of how it all came to be at any actual museum".

How is this guy still alive, honestly.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
27-06-2017, 08:30 AM
(27-06-2017 07:55 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  It seems that the conservatives who are the most vocal in their condemnations of liberals are just projecting their own failings on us.

I got stuck listening to Fox for a while the other day and it would be funny if it wasn't so frustrating. Whoever it was was going on about how outrageous it was that the democrats wouldn't cooperate on any bills and were just being obstructionists and "the party of 'no'". He was furious that they were asking for investigations into dumpster's conflicts of interest and Russian connections and they they would not just admit they lost and treat the president with respect.

The past 8 years apparently did not happen.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post