The Creationist Museum Is Failing, And Ken Ham Is Blaming Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 04:19 PM
RE: The Creationist Museum Is Failing, And Ken Ham Is Blaming Atheists
(15-07-2017 10:30 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  A competent god would certainly have understood the architecturally superior aspects of a geodesic sphere over a box and given direction accordingly. An outrigger ring would keep the sphere upright afloat.

I neglected to mention the most important advantage of a sphere over a rectangular box: the box would have to be steered perpendicular to swells to prevent capsizing. That would necessitate propelling it enough to give it helm authority, adding complexity to the project. A sphere kept upright with an outrigger ring would have no need for swell alignment. Sorry, my inner nerd drove me to make this addendum: we now return you to your regularly scheduled Ham bash.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
18-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Good news? This is awful! I genuinely wanted to go there for a laugh some day.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post
18-07-2017, 05:29 PM
(18-07-2017 04:19 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 10:30 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  A competent god would certainly have understood the architecturally superior aspects of a geodesic sphere over a box and given direction accordingly. An outrigger ring would keep the sphere upright afloat.

I neglected to mention the most important advantage of a sphere over a rectangular box: the box would have to be steered perpendicular to swells to prevent capsizing. That would necessitate propelling it enough to give it helm authority, adding complexity to the project. A sphere kept upright with an outrigger ring would have no need for swell alignment. Sorry, my inner nerd drove me to make this addendum: we now return you to your regularly scheduled Ham bash.

There is an older story about a round ark

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
18-07-2017, 06:20 PM
(18-07-2017 05:29 PM)unfogged Wrote:  ... There is an older story about a round ark ...

Thanks for that - proof that our ancestors were more clever than we think - and in some cases more clever than we are now Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
20-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Had to laugh at this.

LGBT Marketing Team at the Ark Encounter fucks with Ken Ham.........well maybe.

[Image: DFLgbTzXsAQH2To.jpg]

As to be expected Kenny Boy's tweet was deleted. Lucky there's a cached copy though.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
20-07-2017, 07:12 AM
(20-07-2017 07:00 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Had to laugh at this.

LGBT Marketing Team at the Ark Encounter fucks with Ken Ham.........well maybe.

[Image: DFLgbTzXsAQH2To.jpg]

As to be expected Kenny Boy's tweet was deleted. Lucky there's a cached copy though.

No, it's still up there; just checked his feed. He actually has 4 or 5 tweets of the same picture with various captions. In one of which, he thought it was a wonderful idea to remind us that the entire world will burn.

https://twitter.com/aigkenham/status/887186919439740928

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-07-2017, 07:21 AM
(20-07-2017 07:00 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  As to be expected Kenny Boy's tweet was deleted. Lucky there's a cached copy though.
Lol. Hilarious. I have to believe this would backfire on him as at least half the faithful wouldn't get it or would just be uncomfortable with the possibility it could be misconstrued as expressing LGBT solidarity.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
20-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Just think of the money they could make if they opened the place up to same-sex wedding ceremonies!!

And the way things are going they could do with every dollar they can get.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
20-07-2017, 07:58 AM
I'm left wondering what "Allah's rainbow" would look like? Cool

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
20-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Ark encounter sold to.......themselves.... for 10 bucks.
Yup. Apparently Ark Encounter has sold itself to a non profit that is part of the AIG family Crosswater Canyon. So a for profit company sold itself to a non-profit part of its parent organization. story

Why? So apparently Amish Wolverine didn't want to pay the measly 50 cents per ticket tax that helps fund the local fire department and services such as that.

I have to defer to Noah Lugeons to sum up this.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 7 users Like The Organic Chemist's post