The Creationist Museum Is Failing, And Ken Ham Is Blaming Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2017, 11:20 AM
RE: The Creationist Museum Is Failing, And Ken Ham Is Blaming Atheists
Continuing the geodesic sphere theme here's what a sphere of equal volume to Ham's box would look like:

[Image: 23wv0gz.jpg]

Less than a third the length and a lot less construction material. Interestingly, it's just a shade smaller than the Epcot sphere at Disney World, which is 165 ft in diameter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
22-07-2017, 08:10 PM
(21-07-2017 04:16 PM)Silly Deity Wrote:  It appears that as a result of the transfer of the Ark assets to a non-profit to avoid the 50cent levy, AiG is in breach of the conditions allowing it to obtain exceptional tax breaks. The Ark has therefore had those tax breaks removed.

It's shot itself in the foot to the tune of $18 million. All in order to save potentially $700,000 in levies over the same period.

But then Creationists have always had problems with numbers over 6000.

.... I'm trying to remember whether Ham said that God told him to do this.

.... if so, is this a sign that Ham isn't getting guidance from God, or just that God is punking him?

Either way, there's something not kosher about it... Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
22-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Hmm, his "boat" business failed to stay afloat. Where TF is the "smirk" emoji?
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
23-07-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: Ark encounter sold to.......themselves.... for 10 bucks.
(21-07-2017 02:37 PM)quoin Wrote:  It looks like their little stunt cost them an $18 million tax rebate. Laugh out load http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...encounter/

So they could of had 18 million. I imagine that could had ran that little park of theirs for at least the next 10 years, and in that 10 years, probably found more retards to give them money to make it last even longer.

So this brings me joy and hope for a future of that park closing and being torn down.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
23-07-2017, 02:12 PM
RE: Ark encounter sold to.......themselves.... for 10 bucks.
(21-07-2017 11:26 AM)SYZ Wrote:  From a standpoint of fire safety, service levies, public liability, and taxation both state and federal, this amusement park should be treated identically to all the others in the US that make (potentially) millions of dollars annual profit.

They're all in it—the Ark included—to make lotsa moolah, despite any contradictory philanthropic claims. The notion that an imaginary, mythical "god" should allow the Ark to pay less levies and taxes than any other similar business is ludicrous in the 21st century.

Same goes for fucking churches. Ante-up, scumbags.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
24-07-2017, 01:37 AM
(22-07-2017 11:20 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Continuing the geodesic sphere theme here's what a sphere of equal volume to Ham's box would look like:

Less than a third the length and a lot less construction material. Interestingly, it's just a shade smaller than the Epcot sphere at Disney World, which is 165 ft in diameter.

Still more truth in the land of Mickey Mouse than at the Ark Park.

The only sacred truth in science is that there are no sacred truths. – Carl Sagan
Sōla vēritās sancta in philosophiā nātūrālī est absentia vēritātum sanctārum.
Ἡ μόνη ἱερᾱ̀ ἀληθείᾱ ἐν φυσικῇ φιλοσοφίᾳ ἐστίν ἡ ἱερῶν ἀληθειῶν σπάνις.
24-07-2017, 01:57 AM
(24-07-2017 01:37 AM)Glossophile Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 11:20 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Continuing the geodesic sphere theme here's what a sphere of equal volume to Ham's box would look like:

Still more truth in the land of Mickey Mouse than at the Ark Park.

I dunno. From what I understand, the Ark Park provides a revealing look at sociology, human nature, and epistemology, all of a much darker sort than Disney Traps will show you.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
24-07-2017, 02:15 AM
(24-07-2017 01:57 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 01:37 AM)Glossophile Wrote:  Still more truth in the land of Mickey Mouse than at the Ark Park.

I dunno. From what I understand, the Ark Park provides a revealing look at sociology, human nature, and epistemology, all of a much darker sort than Disney Traps will show you.

Good point, but you sort of have to mine the insights into psychology, sociology, and epistemology from the rhetorical ore. At Disney, what actual information there is tends to be explicitly spelled out. This is especially true of EPCOT, where learning about other cultures and/or current trends in technology is a central theme.

The only sacred truth in science is that there are no sacred truths. – Carl Sagan
Sōla vēritās sancta in philosophiā nātūrālī est absentia vēritātum sanctārum.
Ἡ μόνη ἱερᾱ̀ ἀληθείᾱ ἐν φυσικῇ φιλοσοφίᾳ ἐστίν ἡ ἱερῶν ἀληθειῶν σπάνις.
24-07-2017, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2017 02:22 AM by Silly Deity.)
Oh what fun!!!!

Tourism Officials Suspend $18 million Tax Breaks for Ark Encounter

More here:
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/new...500245001/

And here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...9356df25c6

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
24-07-2017, 02:34 AM
If they have to pay the 18 million, any chance this could close AIG down?

Bloody well hope so.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup