The Creator and His Creation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2016, 11:46 PM
RE: The Creator and His Creation
(25-11-2016 03:02 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 08:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  So, my English was better somehow. Thank you. Do not mix the Creator and Creation. The infinite Creation can not be measured. We are not ready to talk about the Creator, because we are in atheistic forum. So, one can try to talk about the Creation.

You're assuming already that it's a "creation" from the start, that implies a creator or an intelligent designer or whatever you want to call it so it's shoving us into a corner.

All that exists can be called a chance accident or simply natural processes left to burn and mix together for a few billion years and now here we are, self aware, conscious and intelligent life grasping for meaning in the endless void.

Even if we agree that is the case we can't really know for sure so it doesn't make sense to say "Something created all of this, for sure, there is no doubt!" Even if they did, it's certainly not perfect and there are many deeply flawed aspects of nature all around us so this alleged creator either didn't care, is flawed itself or doesn't exist, so right back to still being an atheist.

Even if this being did exist they aren't worth worshiping or bowing a knee to, it's still a flawed wizard from another dimension or magic space dust going around "creating" stuff and then abandoning it. Not really much a God and not capable of affecting our lives or shepherding our souls to afterlives or listening to our thoughts, etc. so yeah you can try to prove a creator all day long but even if you did, still no proof it "loves" us or judges us or is even capable of emotions or thoughts.

The God can not make harm to Himself, therefore, he can not design the killer creatures to torture Him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2016, 11:53 PM
(26-11-2016 01:22 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Define god

Define true god

Define reality

Define faith

Define delusion

Which one to define? The True God or a false god?

Objective Reality belongs to True God: "I am Verity", says Godman.

Faith is the faithfulness to the Knowledge.

There is only "proven delusion" possible, nobody is making a mistake, until this mistake is proven.
28-11-2016, 06:07 AM
(27-11-2016 11:53 PM)theBorg Wrote:  

Define true god

Define reality

Define faith

Define delusion

There is only "proven delusion" possible, nobody is making a mistake, until this mistake is proven.

So god is word salad. Consider

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
28-11-2016, 12:25 PM
On reflection, I'm thinking that this thread subject is nothing more than a major non sequitur.

The Creator . . . and His Creation

For this reason alone, it's imperative (as others have said) that theBorg proves unequivocally that his god and/or creator exists, or has existed. Unless he does that, then the entire thread, thus far, has been a waste of everybody's time and effort.

How's about it theBorg—are you up to the challenge? Or do you not have one scintilla of viable evidence?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-11-2016, 01:21 PM
(27-11-2016 05:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 03:36 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  He lives! GWG is alive!

Welcome back brother, you have been missed.

Not quite yet, just doing a drive by Smile

Been dealing with a family crisis and finishing my second Master's which has been a bit intense. Sorry I have been absent so long, you guys are constantly in my thoughts, and when I complete this master's I will be here daily once again. Smartass

Shit, I've missed you too, brother! Good luck with the family, and we'll eagerly await your return. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
28-11-2016, 02:05 PM
(20-11-2016 06:15 AM)theBorg Wrote:  We do not decide what is right, the True God decides.
The Building has builder, the Creation has Creator.
So then it is then wholly by fait and not objectively true?

Explain then why 1 + 1 = 2 needs a god to be true?
28-11-2016, 02:11 PM
(20-11-2016 06:15 AM)theBorg Wrote:  We do not decide what is right, the True God decides.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
28-11-2016, 02:16 PM
(27-11-2016 11:46 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The God can not make harm to Himself, therefore, he can not design the killer creatures to torture Him.

Well, there goes the "sacrifice" of Jesus, right out the window!

Congratulations, theBorg: You've just nullified your own religion. Clap
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
28-11-2016, 03:10 PM
(28-11-2016 02:16 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(27-11-2016 11:46 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The God can not make harm to Himself, therefore, he can not design the killer creatures to torture Him.

Well, there goes the "sacrifice" of Jesus, right out the window!

Congratulations, theBorg: You've just nullified your own religion. Clap

Astreja, if you keep making me laugh so hard, I may be in danger of slipping into theism again.

Is it still monotheism if I only worship one goddess, but acknowledge that according to this goddess there are many other gods/goddesses?

I suppose that would make me a henotheist, at least in potentia. Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
03-12-2016, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 08:31 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(27-11-2016 11:53 PM)theBorg Wrote:  

Define true god

Define reality

Define faith

Define delusion

Well since god and true god are both fictional analogies for a fabrication created by man it doesn't really matter in the end. I say fictional because there is as of yet zero proof of a transcendental being that creates anything, past or present. It would be like me asking you to define Spongebob, or the true Spongebob...since both are fictional charaters created by man, like gods, it is an exercise of neurological flatulence.

I always enjoy the use of "true" as a means to describe one's own belief. If every christian who ever called other christians not "true christians" were removed from earth, I wonder if there would be any left? Consider

No, faith is the belief in something without evidence, which is why it requires faith. if it had evidence it wouldnt require faith as it would simply be fact.

Knowledge:

1. facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

2. awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation.

The commonality for those two definitions is the word FACT. Since religion is based on faith, rather than fact, then faith cannont equal knowledge of anything real or tangible.

Delusion: an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

You state that there is only "proven delusion"...ok...and that until it is proven, then it is not definable as a mistake. True, although irrelevant. I believe that Uranus is hollow, and inside resides Norg the creator of everything. Man has been seeking the source of life for centuries and all this time is was in Uranus. (pun intended).

We can sit around the campfire and make up an endless number of explanations for how we got to be here simply because we don't like not knowing...but those madeup stories don't get credence simply because they have yet to be disproven...like Norg.

I can see this is a subject you have given little thought, you seemingly lack the education and mental capacity to apply the necessary critical introspective thinking skills to ascertain a logical hypothesis based upon the empirical evidence at hand, so please go off and do a bit of research, contemplation, and analysis upon the plethora of available facts and come back when you are ready to enter the THINKING atheist site for further intellectual discource.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post