The Creator and His Creation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2016, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 01:49 PM by TheInquisition.)
RE: The Creator and His Creation
(03-12-2016 11:50 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(27-11-2016 11:53 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Which one to define? The True God or a false god?

Objective Reality belongs to True God: "I am Verity", says Godman.

Faith is the faithfulness to the Knowledge.

There is only "proven delusion" possible, nobody is making a mistake, until this mistake is proven.

Well since god and true god are both fictional analogies for a fabrication created by man it doesn't really matter in the end. I say fictional because there is as of yet zero proof of a transcendental being that creates anything, past or present. It would be like me asking you to define Spongebob, or the true Spongebob...since both are fictional charaters created by man, like gods, it is an exercise of neurological flatulence.

I always enjoy the use of "true" as a means to describe one's own belief. If every christian who ever called other christians not "true christians" were removed from earth, I wonder if there would be any left? Consider

No, faith is the belief in something without evidence, which is why it requires faith. if it had evidence it wouldnt require faith as it would simply be fact.

Knowledge:

1. facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

2. awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation.

The commonality for those two definitions is the word FACT. Since religion is based on faith, rather than fact, then faith cannont equal knowledge of anything real or tangible.

Delusion: an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

You state that there is only "proven delusion"...ok...and that until it is proven, then it is not definable as a mistake. True, although irrelevant. I beleive that Uranus is hollow, and inside resides Norg the creator of everything. Man has been seeking the source of life for centuries and all this time is was in Uranus. (pun intended).

We can sit around the campfire and make up an endless number of explanations for how we got to be here simply because we don't like not knowing...but those madeup stories don't get credence simply because they have yet to be disproven...like Norg.

I can see this is a subject you have given little thought, you seemingly lack the education and mental capacity to apply the necessary critical introspective thinking skills to ascertain a logical hypothesis based upon the empirical evidence at hand, so please go off and do a bit of research, contemplation, and analysis upon the plethora of available facts and come back when you are ready to enter the THINKING atheist site for further intellectual discource.
In Borg's deluded world:

1. Things are true, until they are disproven. Full stop- Borg's brain can't think past this, he'll just repeat something just as dumb and/or circular when questioned on it.

2. Borg thinks there's actual merit to the idea of the "one true god" (which he capitalizes) Full stop, he has no clue about logical fallacies and how blatant he's committing them, he has no clue about how wrong he is.

3. Borg thinks fallacious arguments are proof. His evidence consists of nothing more than pointing at things and saying goddidit. Full stop- he has no clue what evidence or the scientific method is, even though he claims he has a degree in physics.

4. Borg thinks a 6000 year old Earth is reality. He likes using physics as "proof" of his god concept, but he doesn't understand how he undermines this physics at it's most basic level if he accepts the proposition of a young Earth.

Scientists can't make accurate predictions about radioactive decay if this young Earth story was true, it would undermine particle physics at the most basic level.

So a YEC scratches his head and wonders why his career prospects are dead in the water, when he doesn't even comprehend physics and when he can't look past his religious biases and stays in the 7th century BCE.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
03-12-2016, 01:51 PM
(26-11-2016 01:22 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 06:15 AM)theBorg Wrote:  We do not decide what is right, the True God decides.
The Building has builder, the Creation has Creator.

Elements of reality were: water, fire, earth. They had properties, but had unknown nature.
Now elements are elementary particles. They also have properties, but they have unknown nature.

The Principle of In-distinguish-ability of the particles is proven experimentally, and therefore, the deformations within an elementary particle do propagate with infinite velocity. Otherwise the deformations will make the particles distinguishable, which is not possible. But the Infinite property is making the elementar particles unphysical.

Do you follow?

What to do? We can only confirm that the elementary particles are elements of reality. They must be "taken as a given".

Big Grin

Rolleyes

Define god

Define true god

Define reality

Define faith

Define delusion

1) An un-evidenced, unverifiable God possesses certain presupposed attributes as found in religious propaganda, mythology, folklore and literature
2) It is impossible for any presupposed un-evidenced entity to attain any verifiable attributes without the intervention of a creative entity
3) Overwhelming evidence indicates that humans create and compose propaganda, folklore, myth and literature having to do with all gods

Therefore a creative entity superior to all presupposed gods exists, and that entity is Man.

Do you follow?

HEY THERE, GWOG!!!! Nice to have you back. Having a conversation with theBorg is like a Chinese water torture. Just a forewarning.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-12-2016, 02:59 PM
(03-12-2016 11:50 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  it is an exercise of neurological flatulence.

Laugh out load

succinct, yet comprehensive.
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
03-12-2016, 08:34 PM
(03-12-2016 01:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 01:22 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Rolleyes

Define god

Define true god

Define reality

Define faith

Define delusion

1) An un-evidenced, unverifiable God possesses certain presupposed attributes as found in religious propaganda, mythology, folklore and literature
2) It is impossible for any presupposed un-evidenced entity to attain any verifiable attributes without the intervention of a creative entity
3) Overwhelming evidence indicates that humans create and compose propaganda, folklore, myth and literature having to do with all gods

Therefore a creative entity superior to all presupposed gods exists, and that entity is Man.

Do you follow?

HEY THERE, GWOG!!!! Nice to have you back. Having a conversation with theBorg is like a Chinese water torture. Just a forewarning.

but of course hehe. He/she/it is a YEC? buahahahahaha

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
03-12-2016, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 10:26 PM by Reltzik.)
(03-12-2016 08:34 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 01:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  HEY THERE, GWOG!!!! Nice to have you back. Having a conversation with theBorg is like a Chinese water torture. Just a forewarning.

but of course hehe. He/she/it is a YEC? buahahahahaha

Worse.

Add to that, someone who thinks that translation software is sufficient for communicating in English from... I think Russian? And whatever software he's using (I think it's just Google Translate) gives us the weirdest grammar and word choices ever.

Also, Borgy thinks that flunking out of a physics program makes him qualified to discuss quantum mechanics and other advanced topics, which supposedly prove God. So, typical evidence-based apologist nonsense. But he thinks he can explain all of this in little-more-than-tweet-length posts. In very, very, very bad artificial English.

Add to that the most condescending attitude you can imagine. Like he's dispensing wisdom from on high, from a father to a five-year-old, only not a really good father, just a full-of-himself father who thinks he's the shit. And he'll throw in a bunch of chidings about swears.

Also, everything in the Bible is absolutely true and we're not allowed to question it. Period. And he'll chide us for questioning it too, in the most uncular of tones.

And if any thread gets going for long, he'll start ending 80% of his posts with links to pop music videos that echo what he's saying. Not ones that actually echo his POINT, mind you. Just ones with lyrics akin to his last sentence.

I swear, they keep getting dumber and dumber and dumber. Man, I remember when I thought PJ was bad... then Heywood and Q... Heywood got himself banned, btw, and Q went away... now this guy? I mean PJ looks GOOD now. THAT GETS ADDED TO THE LIST OF BORG'S CRIMES AGAINST SANITY.

... either that or Borg's the most absurd Poe ever. Which I'm not ruling out.

EDIT: Also, he keeps calling us friends, apparently because he doesn't know what actually having friends is like.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post