The Creepiness of Google

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 05:32 AM by Othmar.)
RE: The Creepiness of Google
I've been using Adblock for years, so I never noticed this. Looking at the Google Ad settings is quite creepy, though. It seems my Google+ account has mysteriously reappeared. How do I get rid of it again?

Edit: Nevermind, a Google Profile simply looks exactly the same. :-s
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 05:33 AM
[Image: 4ce8c60a1c33660bf89eb086d66c289148b6ad08...a15290.jpg]
first Tongue

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post
08-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Google tracks your searches and hits, it also tracks your "likes" on various social media sites. Google can and will use those "like" along with you picture and friends list to bombard others with ads for various products. Say you jokingly "liked" a whip and bondage gear being sold at "Whip Me Silly Mistress".com just for a giggle. Well, Google will take that "like" as an endorsement and sent those in your network ads feature items for said vendor with a co-endorsement from you. Not good eh? But fear not, apparently you can opt out of this horror show. Here is a link: https://plus.google.com/settings/endorsements?hl=en
16-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Check out the data centers.

Our teachers discuss how information is accessed by the American N.S.A.

I'm an IT student.

You can take the egotistically-fathomed dogmatic moral system you call what "should be" and shove it up your asshole for thinking it's applicable to anyone but yourself.
16-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Firefox Ghostery add-on stops them from tracking you. There are also other similar add-ons for the browser.