The Cult of Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: The Cult of Trump
(25-07-2017 08:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, the other day he told members of the military in a speech that they should write to congress so they could have good healthcare.

DUH! The military has it's own healthcare, and it includes families and widow/ers. They don't need to beg for insurance.

Correct. Tricare in any form (Standard, Prime, Reserve, or Life) satisfies the individual mandate of the ACA. Active duty and their families have 100% free healthcare at MTF or at network providers. Dental is the only thing not included for dependents / retirees.

Reservists like me still get a hell of a deal - I pay $210 a month for my entire family, with a $300 annual family deductible followed by 90/10 coinsurance and a $1000 annual cat cap.

Yes, we have to pay the premiums with after tax dollars, but it's still a no brainer. My civilian employer insurance would be double the premium with 1/10 the coverage.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Stefan Mayerschoff's post
27-07-2017, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2017 03:23 PM by ShadowProject.)
I invite everyone to go to the Boy Scouts of American page and look at some of the comments from people who support his speech.

I am going to drag Obama's name into this...because if he gave a speech like this to a group of young men, I would be disgusted. Like really disgusted. These kids CANNOT vote, this was NOT a political rally. There is a time and a place for that crap, this was not it!

It is so fucking gross that this is how far we have fallen. Our president is just a nasty human being. And I am losing faith in the people I know IRL who still support him.

I was happy to see many people were upset by the speech, but there are certainly too many people who are still on board with trump.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
27-07-2017, 02:39 PM
One thing seems certain, American politics have been changed forever by this clown. Maybe it's for the best. IMO those who've lived through bad government appreciate good government to a much greater degree. Freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, freedom of religion, functioning and fair justice, government accountability... without seeing for themselves what happens when those things are threatened or worse still destroyed, people forget or don't see the need for them. They become politically inactive and that's when fucks like Trump profit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
27-07-2017, 02:45 PM
He gave out some medals of honor at the white house today. First Pence announced him, then there was solemn music, then the grand entrance. Rainbow Vomit

Won't be long and we'll have parades a la Un.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-07-2017, 03:11 PM
(27-07-2017 02:25 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I invite everyone to go to the Boy Scouts of American page and look at some of the comments from people who support his speech.

I am going to drag Obama's name into this...because if he gave a speech like this to a group of young men, I would be disgusted. Like really disgusted. These kids CANNOT vote, this was NOT a political rally. There is a time and a place for that crap, this was not it!

It is so fucking gross that this is how far we have fallen. Our president is a just a nasty human being. And I am losing faith in the people I know IRL who still support him.

I was happy to see many people were upset by the speech, but there are certainly too many people who are still on board with trump.

If Obama had given anything close to resembling that speech, the Trump rumpers would be shitting themselves.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
27-07-2017, 04:39 PM
These people are not 'brainwashed', on the contrary majority of them were raised in a faith that calls them 'Sheep'.

They weren't brainwashed by Trump, they were already brainwashed just waiting for the messiah to herd them with a staff. Sheep to the Shepherd. I often hear from many people that it is 'not what god meant' when he calls the people sheep. The only way to describe a sheep is one who follows without thought or mind. Trump basically said his followers were sheep because he could kill someone and wouldn't lose votes, because they are good little sheep.

Trump saw this in majority of the Republican party and all he needed to do was wave his shepherds cane and the sheep would follow. For they are the good sheep, and good sheep follow their shepherd right into the slaughter house.

It's not doubt it's a cult, it was always a cult, but it took a man to become their leader. After all, good sheep ignore the smells of decay and death because they trust their master to do what is best.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 2 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
27-07-2017, 05:32 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
27-07-2017, 06:30 PM
(27-07-2017 03:11 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  If Obama had given anything close to resembling that speech, the Trump rumpers would be shitting themselves.

It would be totally out of character...with Trump, he's probably done nine more outrageous things since breakfast.

28-07-2017, 09:25 AM
(27-07-2017 02:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  He gave out some medals of honor at the white house today. First Pence announced him, then there was solemn music, then the grand entrance. Rainbow Vomit

I hope he wasn't giving out Medals of Honor. That's the highest military honor you can receive, and it's usually a big deal to hand out even 1. Maybe it was a similar sounding award/medal/thingy? Not trying to be a dick, but it's important to those of us serving
Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Stefan Mayerschoff's post
28-07-2017, 09:29 AM
(28-07-2017 09:25 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 02:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  He gave out some medals of honor at the white house today. First Pence announced him, then there was solemn music, then the grand entrance. Rainbow Vomit

I hope he wasn't giving out Medals of Honor. That's the highest military honor you can receive, and it's usually a big deal to hand out even 1. Maybe it was a similar sounding award/medal/thingy? Not trying to be a dick, but it's important to those of us serving
Wink

It was the highest available medals for the police (I think there were 3 or so) who killed the guy who shot the republicans playing baseball.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man