The Daily Show Discussion with Us, if you like so.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 10:23 AM
RE: The Daily Show Discussion with Us, if you like so.
(19-04-2013 05:19 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 03:56 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  Jon Stewart is kind of a bitch. He does, however, especially with his show, fill a nice void.

I really don't even know what to say about that.

If you feel there's a void filled and it was like "holy [beep], I never thought of that before", I wish you to share this 'wow' experience with me and others in this thread, which was what I intended.

I was just talking about the obvious void of a particular, political leaning, news show, with humor.

Problem I have with Jon Stewart is that he tries to hide behind the fact that he is on Comedy Central. Steven Colbert has the obvious satirical, ironic, funny, comedy news show, and you can see very clearly that Jon Stewart is leaning toward being a lot more serious, regarding politics.

It's fine that Jon Stewart wants to be more serious in giving his opinion on certain issues, that's the void I like him filling (it's better than those assholes at MSNBC or Fox News who think that they are not behaving incompetently and throwing objectivity out of the window); but it does bother me when people call Stewart out on this-- the fact that they are all basically doing the same thing, minus the fact that Jon Stewart is actually a comedian and funny-- and he just gives the old "but I come on the same channel as South Park". That would be correct, given his line of argument-- they are actually attempting to display themselves as objective journalists-- but it still holds true that he is seemingly using Comedy Central as a shield, when it's easy to tell, he only simply wants to give his political point of view and not really be funny/comedic.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2013, 06:31 AM
【The Daily Show 04.25.2013】

I think we Chinese had a harder time during the U.S. democratic presidency in the 1990's because former President Bill Clinton was very good at using the States' soft power, the influences of the American culture, compared to the Bush Administration. What do you think of former President George W. Bush's foreign policy decisions?

Want something? Then do something.
26-04-2013, 09:46 AM
(26-04-2013 06:31 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  【The Daily Show 04.25.2013】

I think we Chinese had a harder time during the U.S. democratic presidency in the 1990's because former President Bill Clinton was very good at using the States' soft power, the influences of the American culture, compared to the Bush Administration. What do you think of former President George W. Bush's foreign policy decisions?

If you remove all the disasters from the Bush presidency he was simply a mediocre President. Once you add in all his many fuck ups he gets down to almost the bottom of the list. GW did so much damage to America that it will take probably a full generation to fully repair. That is assuming no backsliding into those habits.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-04-2013, 02:40 PM
(26-04-2013 09:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-04-2013 06:31 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  【The Daily Show 04.25.2013】

If you remove all the disasters from the Bush presidency he was simply a mediocre President. Once you add in all his many fuck ups he gets down to almost the bottom of the list. GW did so much damage to America that it will take probably a full generation to fully repair. That is assuming no backsliding into those habits.

I gotta say, I'm no fan of da' Bush. But really I believe he was just along for the ride. He was a dumb enough twat coming from a prominent enough family with presidential credentials to get elected and keep the machine rolling. I think if anything, the biggest fuckup of his presidency is that he at no point thought for himself or the good of the country and allowed the powers that be to dictate how things would be done.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Show your desktop Leela 176 9,980 30-06-2014 11:39 AM
Last Post: TSG
  [TV Show] What would you do? Kinger 2 282 30-11-2012 05:01 PM
Last Post: Aseptic Skeptic
Video crazy facebook "Jesus daily" made another picture BizzysaidAss 2 412 12-11-2012 12:03 PM
Last Post: BizzysaidAss
  Anyone else love this show? Birdguy1979 3 486 18-10-2012 09:25 AM
Last Post: Aseptic Skeptic
  The Ricky Gervais Show kineo 8 567 19-09-2012 08:36 PM
Last Post: aurora
  New Game Show - The American Bible Challenge Jeff 5 592 26-08-2012 09:53 AM
Last Post: Leela
  Does anyone else think Hell's Kitchen is the best show EVER?! Hughsie 24 1,497 30-04-2012 05:03 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor