The Dalai Lama Shares His Thoughts On Extraterrestrial Contact

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2013, 11:59 PM

I'm sorry, but I can't help but LOVE the DL. He's so e'fin adorable. He is so clueless, but HAPPY with a right amount of open-mind. It's like seeing a puppy and telling it you "rove" (love) him.

Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: The Dalai Lama Shares His Thoughts On Extraterrestrial Contact
(05-09-2013 11:59 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  The Dalai Lama Shares His Thoughts On Extraterrestrial Contact

I'm sorry, but I can't help but LOVE the DL. He's so e'fin adorable. He is so clueless, but HAPPY with a right amount of open-mind. It's like seeing a puppy and telling it you "rove" (love) him.

Heart

I still have trouble getting over Tibet being run as a theocracy, and his claim to being a hereditary monarch. The DL seems affable and ecumenical enough in person, but that doesn't seem to wash over into improving the lives of 'his' people.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
06-09-2013, 01:21 AM
I get that. I understand his situation is not perfect nor acceptable, however I guess I realize he is a product of his environment. He's been conditioned through meditation and mantra to be happy. Of course he believes he is his holiness when his brain has been conditioned to release a constant never-ending flow of good-times dopamine.

Can someone make me a happy holy goddess, please? I'll welcome any extra-terrestrials. Angel
06-09-2013, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 02:01 AM by I Am.)
(06-09-2013 01:21 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Can someone make me a happy holy goddess, please? I'll welcome any extra-terrestrials. Angel
This guy's legacy can help with that.
[Image: Albert_Hofmann_Oct_1993.jpg]

I met the Dalai Lama once, around '83 or '84. I was a small child, so maybe "met" isn't the right descriptor. "Was near, exchanged mutually unintelligible words with". He had very big sunglasses. He was visiting a Buddhist temple in Grand Prairie, TX where my parents were members.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.