The Darwin Awards: sex differences in idiotic behaviour

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2014, 01:57 PM
The Darwin Awards: sex differences in idiotic behaviour
Just because I find it funny.

Abstract

Sex differences in risk seeking behaviour, emergency hospital admissions, and mortality are well documented. However, little is known about sex differences in idiotic risk taking behaviour. This paper reviews the data on winners of the Darwin Award over a 20 year period (1995-2014). Winners of the Darwin Award must eliminate themselves from the gene pool in such an idiotic manner that their action ensures one less idiot will survive. This paper reports a marked sex difference in Darwin Award winners: males are significantly more likely to receive the award than females (P<0.0001). We discuss some of the reasons for this difference.

http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g7094

So, what the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done while enjoying sex?

I’ll go first - driving on a highway at a high rate of speed Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: The Darwin Awards: sex differences in idiotic behaviour
(14-12-2014 01:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Just because I find it funny.

Abstract

Sex differences in risk seeking behaviour, emergency hospital admissions, and mortality are well documented. However, little is known about sex differences in idiotic risk taking behaviour. This paper reviews the data on winners of the Darwin Award over a 20 year period (1995-2014). Winners of the Darwin Award must eliminate themselves from the gene pool in such an idiotic manner that their action ensures one less idiot will survive. This paper reports a marked sex difference in Darwin Award winners: males are significantly more likely to receive the award than females (P<0.0001). We discuss some of the reasons for this difference.

http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g7094

So, what the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done while enjoying sex?

I’ll go first - driving on a highway at a high rate of speed Facepalm

Same. More than once.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2014, 07:10 AM
RE: The Darwin Awards: sex differences in idiotic behaviour
Believing her when she said she was divorced.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post