The Dawkins Delusion by David Sinclair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 08:07 PM
The Dawkins Delusion by David Sinclair
Hello guys.

I found this ebook while browsing through the internet one day. Here it is:

http://www.davidsinclairmc.com/christian...LUSION.pdf

I am not sure if the author is accurate with the science stuff. I'd like to learn more about what other people think about this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: The Dawkins Delusion by David Sinclair
(13-01-2013 08:07 PM)Chujutsu Wrote:  Hello guys.

I found this ebook while browsing through the internet one day. Here it is:

http://www.davidsinclairmc.com/christian...LUSION.pdf

I am not sure if the author is accurate with the science stuff. I'd like to learn more about what other people think about this.
He lost me at 'fine tuning' - the so-called fine tuning argument is empty. Also, he mischaracterizes Dawkins on this issue.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2013, 09:14 PM
The fine tuning of a smooth rock that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand.
This rock is finely tuned for a multitude of purposes. It couldn't have happened by chance.

It fits well in the hand. Not too big, not too small. It appears to have been specifically created for humans to use.
It can break the hard exterior of nuts from various nut producing trees.
It can grind wheat into flour when used with other items.
It can be fastened to a stick for protection or hunting.
It can be used as a marker in your garden to designate any number of tasks that should be assigned to it for that day.

How else could a stone like this exist if it weren't created ?

Dawkins is anything but delusional, so given the dishonesty of the title alone, I would say the book is full of lies.
It's an assumption on my behalf to be true, but it's a good assumption Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
14-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Lord knows I have my issues with Dawkins' social science stuff, but this rag is vomitous garbage I am sure.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
14-01-2013, 12:26 AM
God delusion did well, catchy title.

If I write a book called Dawkins delusion people who got angry over God delusion will love me and buy lots of copies, and people who liked God delusion will get angry and buy lots of copies. It hardly matters what garbage I insert between the covers.

Shameless using someone else's work to promote his own. May he get haemorrhoids Dodgy
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
14-01-2013, 12:42 AM
(14-01-2013 12:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  God delusion did well, catchy title.

If I write a book called Dawkins delusion people who got angry over God delusion will love me and buy lots of copies, and people who liked God delusion will get angry and buy lots of copies. It hardly matters what garbage I insert between the covers.

Shameless using someone else's work to promote his own. May he get haemorrhoids Dodgy

To be fair, they also did this for 'The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails', which is a collection of chapters written by various experts to refute the criticism leveled at Dawkins after his 'The God Delusion' book care out. It's a really good read, and meticulously cited (some of the lists of citation are almost as long as some of the chapters themselves).

I should have it finished by tomorrow. Currently on chapter 13, 'Christianity Does Not Provide the Basis fro Morality' by David Eller PhD. Looking forward to reading the next two chapters, 'Atheism Was Not the Cause of the Holocaust' by Hector Avalos PhD, and 'Christianity Was Not Responsible for Modern Science' by Richard Carrier PhD.

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2013, 02:31 AM

I feel obligated to post this here.
14-01-2013, 05:51 AM
Hello guys. Thanks for your responses.

If you find any wrong arguments in the ebook, I would like to know what they are and why they are bad arguments.

I am not sure if lies are considered as wrong/bad arguments, but if ever there are any, I would also like to know what they are and what would be correct.

Thanks.
14-01-2013, 06:16 AM
(14-01-2013 05:51 AM)Chujutsu Wrote:  Hello guys. Thanks for your responses.

If you find any wrong arguments in the ebook, I would like to know what they are and why they are bad arguments.

I am not sure if lies are considered as wrong/bad arguments, but if ever there are any, I would also like to know what they are and what would be correct.

Thanks.
I got no real interest in reading some theologian's ramblings - sorry Wink You *can* do such research yourself you know Smile
14-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Hey, Chu.

Well the only question is this. Does the author support and or confirm any of Dawkins' ideas? If the answer is no, then the book is just a hack job, an attempt to make something unpleasant go away. It should be summarily ignored in that case.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt