The Dawkins Delusion by David Sinclair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: The Dawkins Delusion by David Sinclair
Lets take person A (we'll call him a religious fundamental nut job) insists that his horse is really a unicorn with a horn that only people of faith can see.
Then we have person B (we'll call him a rational atheist named Dawkins) who observes the horse and infers that person A is delusional.

Now we have person C who writes a book attempting to refute the observations and inferences that were obtained through rational, reasonable thought and logic claiming that it is indeed Dawkins who is the delusional one.

Of course when tested, person C can't locate the unicorn in a crowd of other horses but thats another story.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2013, 05:19 PM
(14-01-2013 08:58 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Of course when tested, person C can't locate the unicorn in a crowd of other horses but thats another story.
You mean you can't just vaguely wave your hand in a general direction and say "Right there"
Then when asked "Where?", respond, "You just don't have enough faith to see it"?

[Image: h8m4.jpg]
14-01-2013, 05:50 PM
That's by Alister McGrath; not David Sinclair.

I would venture to say that McGrath is equal, if not more educated, than Dawkins.

Both are two insanely smart people on the different ends of the belief spectrum. The book is solid scientifically... as McGrath is an EC (believes in evolution).

Edit:

Never mind, I thought you were talking about this.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
14-01-2013, 05:52 PM
(14-01-2013 05:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's by Alister McGrath; not David Sinclair.

I would venture to say that McGrath is equal, if not more educated, than Dawkins.

Both are two insanely smart people on the different ends of the belief spectrum. The book is solid scientifically... as McGrath is an EC (believes in evolution).

Edit:

Never mind, I thought you were talking about this.

Sorry, what is McGrath and not Sinclair?

Never mind.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-01-2013, 08:33 PM
(14-01-2013 05:51 AM)Chujutsu Wrote:  Hello guys. Thanks for your responses.

If you find any wrong arguments in the ebook, I would like to know what they are and why they are bad arguments.

I am not sure if lies are considered as wrong/bad arguments, but if ever there are any, I would also like to know what they are and what would be correct.

Thanks.

Of course there are wrong arguments in the book. I actually read quite a bit of it.

The author relies on the same fallacious arguments for the existence of a god as every other apologist.
16-01-2013, 07:26 AM
(14-01-2013 05:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would venture to say that McGrath is equal, if not more educated, than Dawkins.

Both are two insanely smart people on the different ends of the belief spectrum.
Doesn't really matter if he isn't willing to use his intellectual abilities to think critically about his beliefs, does it? Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
16-01-2013, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 08:19 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Is it THIS David Sinclair ? http://www.clemsonpres.org/content.cfm?id=2091
In any case he does the usual clap-trap about why HIS god has to be THE right god, with no real explanation, and does the usual clap trap of the Anthropic Principle junk, which has been debunked in many places. He does one hell of a re-write of a lot of history. It's a piece of nonsense, for non-critical thinkers. He lost me as soon as he said something about his god existing "outside" the universe. There is, until prove otherwise, no "outside", (a spatial reference to spacetime), the universe.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  We should exalt Richard Dawkins as a mythical religious leader! Mathilda 41 640 28-04-2014 02:07 AM
Last Post: Mathilda
Video David Silverman vs Hannity djkamilo 5 260 14-12-2013 11:55 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason & Science Diogenes of Mayberry 41 1,091 18-10-2013 12:11 AM
Last Post: Diogenes of Mayberry
  Dawkins ChuckTesta 18 957 16-09-2013 09:12 AM
Last Post: Caveman
  Dawkins changed my girlfriend sequoyah 31 1,218 04-09-2013 10:42 PM
Last Post: DLJ
  Hate E-mails With Richard Dawkins Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 12 532 03-09-2013 10:42 AM
Last Post: ELK12695
  Ricky Gervais makes a great point while talking to Dawkins fuckingpowerful 81 2,650 21-06-2013 08:17 AM
Last Post: houseofcantor