The Death of a Veridican

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
24-04-2013, 03:39 PM
RE: The Death of a Veridican
(24-04-2013 03:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 03:34 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  There is a fallacy here.

Perhaps by your own lights you do embrace science.
I won't dispute that. Not at this time anyway.

But you said "Veridicans". The plural form, that is.

There does not exist more than one Veridican, so it makes no sense to say anything at all about "Veridicans".

I think his wife is part of the cult as well.

But we don't know for sure if she's really part of his cult, or just goes along with it for sake of marital bliss. It could be that she's just as weary of hearing about it as we are -- which could also be why he comes here.

I don't know how to tell you all just how crazy this life feels
Look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through
Looking into their eyes I see them running too -- Running on Empty; Jackson Browne

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2013, 03:48 PM
(24-04-2013 01:17 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  My hypothesis is you haunt atheist forums because you are a seeker looking for truth and deep down you want to be talked out of being a religious crazy.
Mother Theresa converted to atheism on her deathbed.
Why wait until the last minute like she did?

Egor is an atheist according to everyone's definition, except his psychotic little 2 person world.

As for Mother Teresa she was an atheist for a long time.
Read her (published) letters. She wrote "I fear to name, that which I see in myslf".
It's the same with *some others* around here. Except she had the courage to admit it to herself.

"Where is my faith?" she wrote. "Even deep down… there is nothing but emptiness and darkness... If there be God — please forgive me."

Eight years later, "Such deep longing for God… Repulsed, empty, no faith, no love, no zeal," she said. "What do I labor for?" "If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true."

She was an atheist for a long long time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-04-2013, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 04:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-04-2013 03:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ....As for Mother Teresa she was an atheist for a long time.
"Where is my faith?" she wrote. "Even deep down… there is nothing but emptiness and darkness... If there be God — please forgive me."
"Such deep longing for God… Repulsed, empty, no faith, no love, no zeal," she said. "What do I labor for?" "If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true."

I like to think she eventually realized her mistake, that Jesus was also an atheist, the ultimate humanist. Son of God = Son of Man. ... Dunno why some seem to need to struggle with that for so long, though.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-04-2013, 04:57 PM
I see no evidence that his wife believes in that stuff.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2013, 05:20 PM
(24-04-2013 11:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 11:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't like the lipstick.

How about...

[Image: gwyneth-paltrow-goop-bikini-gi.jpg]

Consider

Actually much better, but I'm more interested in her shoes. She's got awesome taste in shoes.

Looking into their eyes I see them running too -- Running on Empty; Jackson Browne

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2013, 05:22 PM
(24-04-2013 03:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 01:17 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  My hypothesis is you haunt atheist forums because you are a seeker looking for truth and deep down you want to be talked out of being a religious crazy.
Mother Theresa converted to atheism on her deathbed.
Why wait until the last minute like she did?

Egor is an atheist according to everyone's definition, except his psychotic little 2 person world.

As for Mother Teresa she was an atheist for a long time.
Read her (published) letters. She wrote "I fear to name, that which I see in myslf".
It's the same with *some others* around here. Except she had the courage to admit it to herself.

Eight years later, "Such deep longing for God… Repulsed, empty, no faith, no love, no zeal," she said. "What do I labor for?" "If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true."

She scared me. I think she was zealot.

24-04-2013, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 05:28 PM by Heathen.)
(24-04-2013 04:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I like to think she eventually realized her mistake, that Jesus was also an atheist, the ultimate humanist. Son of God = Son of Man. ... Dunno why some seem to need to struggle with that for so long, though.

I like this. Thumbsup There was a time in my early 20's when I had a belief in a misunderstood Jesus. Who's ideas were corrupted and distorted by those who saw it as a political tool. I was a student of the New Testament and created this notion with no help from the RC Church. I still like to think that if a flesh and blood Jesus existed, that this was exactly what happened. It reminds me of a t-shirt from the early 70's. "Jesus is coming - and boy is he pissed".

and now back to the topic of the thread.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
24-04-2013, 05:26 PM
(24-04-2013 12:48 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 11:59 AM)Peanut Wrote:  that crazy guy on the forum

Dodgy

Big Grin

I don't cook... I was thinking about it, though. Big Grin

Tongue
We're all a little crazy. Why do ya think I made a thread for the sole purpose of venting the crazy outta my system when it happens? Consider

You don't have to be a cook to own a cookbook. You could also just add to your memorabilia. Cool

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
24-04-2013, 05:29 PM
(24-04-2013 12:30 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 10:20 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Isn't this, like, the OPPOSITE of ignoring him until he goes away?

Nobody ignores me. And I should be working on my memoir now, but hey, when you see a post calling for your death...now that's a post worth reading.

Are you fucking serious? You post a thread entitled "The Death of an Atheist" and you have the gall to say that?

You are a fucking delusional, trolling asshole.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-04-2013, 05:31 PM
(24-04-2013 05:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 12:30 PM)Egor Wrote:  Nobody ignores me. And I should be working on my memoir now, but hey, when you see a post calling for your death...now that's a post worth reading.

Are you fucking serious? You post a thread entitled "The Death of an Atheist" and you have the gall to say that?

You are a fucking delusional, trolling asshole.
My thoughts, EXACTLY Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King