The Death of an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
23-04-2013, 02:02 PM

The Death of an Atheist
While they have their health, atheists can be skeptical all they want. It’s easy to be brave when there’s no threat, and if their life is taken from them suddenly, they will feel no need to change. But all human beings have a built-in existential need; we simply cannot accept that our consciousness will cease to exist. We can’t accept it, because we know that if it can cease to exist, then it’s the same as never having existed in the first place. Life is only good if life is eternal. We are hardwired to understand that.

So, the atheist, if they die slowly, will always convert, or try to, before they go unconscious, even if all they do is scream in their head, “I will never believe in you!” like some petulant child, they all become believers, hopers, religionists, in the end.

But then comes eternal life, and they get what they always wanted. A universe where there is no God. They are simply consciousness in nothingness. Even today those atheists who have died remain in that universe, that universe of perpetual present nothingness, wondering when life will end. But it doesn’t end; it never will.

[Image: brain.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: The Death of an Atheist
"No atheists in foxholes", essentially.

Nice to see you again Egor (not).

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 02:11 PM
I thought you accepted predestination now?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-04-2013, 02:15 PM
So we went from torture dungeons to nothing?

You need a better screenwriter Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
23-04-2013, 02:17 PM
(23-04-2013 02:15 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So we went from torture dungeons to nothing?

Yeah, that too.

So... non-believers just go into a nothingness and wander for eternity?

I don't understand what you're saying when it comes to the afterlife.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Sometimes it seems like the theists here are just exaggerated parodies or something... Its difficult to take them seriously. KC is alright though
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
23-04-2013, 02:20 PM

(23-04-2013 02:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I thought you accepted predestination now?

But we don't know who's elect and who isn't, so it's a pointless bit of theology. There may be atheists out there who are in need of a word that will turn them around--because they are the elect. Or, there may be atheists out there who need to be solidified so they become damned. I have no idea how God is using me when I post. I just do as I'm designed to do.

I have the capacity to boost the faith of those who want to believe, the love to try to convert those who don't by any means necessary, and the courage to take the abuse for trying.

I am an atheist fighter. Atheism is a Satanic force, and I will not sit back and watch it at work. I do as my Father has raised me to do.

Just like you, right?
23-04-2013, 02:21 PM

(23-04-2013 02:18 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Sometimes it seems like the theists here are just exaggerated parodies or something... Its difficult to take them seriously. KC is alright though

Yeah, KC is alright though...
23-04-2013, 02:22 PM
(23-04-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  So, the atheist, if they die slowly, will always convert, or try to, before they go unconscious, even if all they do is scream in their head, “I will never believe in you!” like some petulant child, they all become believers, hopers, religionists, in the end.

Have you ever played the card game "Bullshit"?

http://www.pagat.com/beating/cheat.html

I'm calling you on your hand. There is no possible way you can know what all atheists do or don't do on their deathbeds. Personally I think you're just vying for attention.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
23-04-2013, 02:23 PM

(23-04-2013 02:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 02:15 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So we went from torture dungeons to nothing?

Yeah, that too.

So... non-believers just go into a nothingness and wander for eternity?

I don't understand what you're saying when it comes to the afterlife.

It's the worst afterlife I can think of and the most just, ironically. It fits every symbolic description Christ gives of hell. It would be my hell.

Oh, and whoever said anything about wandering? You can't wander in nothingness.