The Death of an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
24-04-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: The Death of an Atheist
I'mma go make some coffee. *Then* I'mma read my book. Maybe do some coding later. It's like -273 degrees here so I dunno if my Bose-Einstein condensate will be able to operate the keyboard but I'll have a go. Hope the rest of y'all have a good day.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 12:10 PM

RE: My Response to Stark Raving
(24-04-2013 11:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 11:23 AM)Egor Wrote:  So, I take it then there will be no action on my report where Bucky Ball threatens to sabotage my career? So much for rules.

You sabotaged your own career. You would not perceive a threat, had you not been posting inappropriate shit. The fact that you even say that, proves you are worried, and AGREE it wiuld harm you. Thanks for agreeing with me. Your shit is threatening.

You said you were here to destroy us. You said nothing about "3D" life or anything else. You said you were here to destroy us. Period. NOW you hedge, and lie, and change up your shit, AFTER you made your threats. You also said the situation needed "resolution" That also was a threat. You never said anything about what "life' ("3D" or anything else) you were talking about. NOW you want us to think you religion life is a "fake" / "fantasy" life of some sort. You NEVER said that before. You just made up that shit. You are a lying sack of shit, who changes your story to suit the moment. Thanks for revealing yourself. Fantasy religion man. You huge fucking fake. You just admitted it.

The fact I want you banned proves I want no attention from the likes of a fucking idiot like you. Another fantasy you make up in you psychotic mind to tell yourself.

I take back what I said about the mods taking action against you for real-world threats. The last thing I need is for you to be isolated from this group. I honestly think there is nothing you wouldn't do to get my attention, and I'd rather you got it here. Hobo
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 12:21 PM
(24-04-2013 12:10 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 11:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You sabotaged your own career. You would not perceive a threat, had you not been posting inappropriate shit. The fact that you even say that, proves you are worried, and AGREE it wiuld harm you. Thanks for agreeing with me. Your shit is threatening.

You said you were here to destroy us. You said nothing about "3D" life or anything else. You said you were here to destroy us. Period. NOW you hedge, and lie, and change up your shit, AFTER you made your threats. You also said the situation needed "resolution" That also was a threat. You never said anything about what "life' ("3D" or anything else) you were talking about. NOW you want us to think you religion life is a "fake" / "fantasy" life of some sort. You NEVER said that before. You just made up that shit. You are a lying sack of shit, who changes your story to suit the moment. Thanks for revealing yourself. Fantasy religion man. You huge fucking fake. You just admitted it.

The fact I want you banned proves I want no attention from the likes of a fucking idiot like you. Another fantasy you make up in you psychotic mind to tell yourself.

I take back what I said about the mods taking action against you for real-world threats. The last thing I need is for you to be isolated from this group. I honestly think there is nothing you wouldn't do to get my attention, and I'd rather you got it here. Hobo

They are not going to do anything.
I said I would take action the NEXT time you post threats.
I will. I still will. I am not controlled by the mods here. If you are ashamed of what you post, think twice. I will show it to the public. You obviously can't even read.
You were threatened because you KNOW you posted shit you are ashamed of.
What you think, (as you have proven in 100% all all the shit you have ever posted is 100% of everything you say no one cares about except Stark).

No one cares what you think or care about. Here, or the 2 people on your blog.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-04-2013, 12:26 PM
And all of this craziness from a quirky paramecium. The spiralling of a crazy mind has no boundries

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
24-04-2013, 12:28 PM
(24-04-2013 12:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  no one cares about except Stark).

I used to care.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-04-2013, 12:28 PM
(24-04-2013 11:23 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 04:54 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  If there is nothing wrong with you mentally then you should have no problem showing your colleagues your behaviour and posts online. As well as informing them that you regularly obey the voices in your head.

So, I take it then there will be no action on my report where Bucky Ball threatens to sabotage my career? So much for rules.

I fail to see how the threat is grounds for any action whatsoever. Do you not know it is the standard for job providers to review your online persona? If what you do on here discredits you from keeping you job, I fail to see how it is in anyway wrong to report it.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
24-04-2013, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 12:44 PM by Adenosis.)
Wow this thread has tacked on a lot of crap.

(23-04-2013 02:54 PM)Egor Wrote:  I don't know what all atheists do on their deathbed, but it's somewhat irrelevant. What I do know is people, and I know atheists, and I especially know atheists who hang around religious forums. They think in the back of their mind that they will be rewarded for rejecting God. They think if there is a God, He will appreciate their skepticism. But what they don't realize is that if there is a God, we were created for His purpose, not He for ours. He didn't give us life to use for ourselves. Hell, even fish in an aquarium are kept for their beauty--even they serve a purpose.

What would an atheist even do in Paradise? They didn't do anything on earth.

Why claim to know what (not only one, but all) atheists will do when they die, only to later say that you don't know what they will do on their death bed. Some probably will convert, I have no doubt of that.

Are you omniscient? do you know what all atheists are thinking? I assume not, so why pretend to and make yourself out to be an arrogant child.

"They think if there is a god" No. We don't believe a god exists. I don't consider putting my tooth under a pillow, or going to bed before midnight on Christmas just in case the tooth fairy or Santa exist.

He didn't give us life to use for ourselves. Can you prove any of these assertions?

(23-04-2013 04:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 02:35 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  This fails because I'm fine with death.

Healthy people who are no where near death (or at least think they aren't) always think that way. Like I said, it's easy to be brave when you've nothing to fear.

and yet you've had multiple people on here tell you contrary to this. Some atheists may convert, some will not. I imagine most will not, but I don't have data to support that so I'm not going to pretend to know something I do not.

Quote:People can accept death, me and everyone else that has is living proof. Will it be scary when it gets closer? sure. So what? Life is good if it's temporal too, I'm experiencing right now, something that wouldn't be happening in the moment if I never existed. It's not the destination that matters, it's the journey.

Blah, blah, blah. A life that isn't eternal is a life that is worthless.

I'm sorry you see your life as worthless. Mine is full of awe and wonder. And guess what? none of that requires belief in a afterlife. I am fine with death. Death appears to be a inevitability when you have life. So either I never exist or I exist for a period of time then cease to exist. I know which one I prefer.

Quote:You however, according to your post, can't cope with the idea of death. I wonder how much of a role that fear has on your belief in a god...

You can't either.

Actually I'm fine with death. Your the one that seems to have a problem with the idea of ceasing to exist. Sorry the world isn't how you'd like it to be.

Quote:We can systematically destroy each of our senses and be left completely blind to the outside world and have only our thoughts, only internal stimulation that comes from a mix of memory and imagination. We could surely mush up enough of the brain so you remain conscious, but that almost nothing is going on. Essentially conscious of your own awareness and that is all. But when your entire brain dies you expect to be totally fine? Please explain.

Consciousness doesn't come from the brain. The brain filters consciousness so we can live in the physical world.

Can you prove that? Last I checked there is no evidence of something separate from the physical world, so perhaps you should substantiate what you say instead of continuously making inaccurate assertions. The evidence heavily leans towards a consciousness that emerges from activity in the physical brain.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 2 users Like Adenosis's post
24-04-2013, 12:44 PM

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

24-04-2013, 01:17 PM

(24-04-2013 12:28 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 11:23 AM)Egor Wrote:  So, I take it then there will be no action on my report where Bucky Ball threatens to sabotage my career? So much for rules.

I fail to see how the threat is grounds for any action whatsoever. Do you not know it is the standard for job providers to review your online persona? If what you do on here discredits you from keeping you job, I fail to see how it is in anyway wrong to report it.

Well, it wouldn't. It might actually make me look better. But the point is that it's always been an understood rule that online is online and people should not stalk around in other people's 3D world. Threats of that nature usually resulted in someone being banned. But that's not going to happen here, obviously. And like I said, perhaps it shouldn't.

Personally, I think they should just lock this thread. But that's me.

And I don't feel threatened over anything I've said. I have my First Amendment rights to come into a religious forum and debate religion. If my job tried to fire me, any ambulance chaser could probably get more for me than I earn, not to mention a lot of publicity. But BB can't actually take what I've written here to any authority. There's nothing here to take, he would have to write letters that lied about me, and of course they would be anonymous letters.

So, I could sue him, if I could find him (which means probably paying out for a private investigator), for libel, but who wants the hassle, and who wants someone like that in your 3D life? And the chances of him having deep pockets are pretty slim.

All BB wants is attention from me. He wants me to acknowledge him because If the guy who can fart and get a thousand views and a hundred responses in 24 hours pays attention to the guy no one even responds to, well then, there's some reflected glory there, I suppose.

Sadly, he's not real stable, so the reasonable approach, that is to converse in a mutually respectful manner, which always gets long replies from me, escapes him.

And that's unfortunate...for both of us.
24-04-2013, 01:22 PM

(24-04-2013 12:44 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  I couldn't disagree more. I think it's exactly the opposite. If you have an eternity to do anything and everything how can you ever appreciate the moment?
Have you ever saved you're money to buy something? When you can finally obtain it, you really appreciate what you had to go through in order to get it, and consequently appreciate the purchase. If you had an infinite amount of money, you could buy everything you would ever want. You would discard mansions and yachts as if they were worthless, because when your money (read: life) is eternal it becomes worthless.

Why do you think only Christ goes into eternal life?