The Death of an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
24-04-2013, 10:18 PM

RE: My Response to Stark Raving
(24-04-2013 08:09 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I really don't appreciate what Egor has said here, but....

I do have to say I don't think that threatening Egor is good at all. Christians disguise their hatred with love all the time and Egor is no different.

I'm not a bleeding heart, but I don't agree with taking a person's lively hood away based on an asshole comment.

Okay, I have two responses to this:

First, I don't understand how it is that I am a "hater." I'm not the one who made up the concept of hell. Apparently, it was the Son of God, Jesus Christ who told us about that. I believe in Jesus Christ, so I think it's only fair to warn you about it. To me, that's love, not hate. It's not like you don't have a choice in what you will believe, we all do.

Also, let me ask you this: When do I swear at people? When do I call people names. Do you see the kind of abuse I take in here, but I never hand it back. I say things people don't agree with, but that's not hate. Even when I talk about hell, I don't say to a specific person, "I hope you end up in hell so I can watch you burn."

People imply the hate, because they desperately need me to be a hater--otherwise I'm better than they are, aren't I? I mean, if what I did was done out of love, that trumps all the actions of the atheists in here, and the theists, too--because I'm the only one trying to save anyone from hell.

Okay.

Second, I agree with you. I'm not worried about people knowing what I do online. I'm pretty sure they know at work what I do online, and anything I put online, believe me I think about whether or not it could affect me as a nurse. So, I'm not worried about that. But just like people have to make out that I'm a hater, if they had to prove it, they couldn't unless they use slander or libel.

I mean, really, you can't go to a nursing board and say, this nurse is in this debate religion forum and he says atheists will go to hell if they don't accept Jesus Christ. The nursing board has no power over that--nor would they touch it with a million foot pole because they are the state, and that's gauranteed free speech under the First Amendment, and they have really deep pockets, and anyone with a law degree would be salivating to sue them for violating someone's civil liberties.

Same goes for my employer, since they are not a private facility.

Even if I cam in here and regularly said I hate atheists, that wouldn't have any affect on my career. But, it has always been considered by most forums to be absolutely off limits to threaten someone's 3D world, because that implies a dangerous kind of mentality, and there's a lot of dangerous people online. Those people are usually banned, but I think now days, there are only two kinds of forums, Forums where no rules are enforced and forums that are cliques.

And then, it's all part of the persecution a real Christian has to endure. If someone were to threaten you, they'd be out. If someone says they're coming to my house to shoot me, I don't the the admins in here would bat an eye. Everybody in here thinks I deserve whatever anyone can do to me.

Which brings me back to why they think I'm such a hater when I do nothing like they do? Yes, I'm sarcastic. Yes, I talk back when someone insults me. But you won't find me out in the forum attacking people.

Here, let my alter-ego speak for me. He's much better. Just imagine it's me trying to get you to join my church:

Anyway, that's my soapbox for tonight.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
24-04-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: The Death of an Atheist
(24-04-2013 07:47 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  While they have their health, atheists can be skeptical all they want. It’s easy to be brave when there’s no threat, and if their life is taken from them suddenly, they will feel no need to change. But all human beings have a built-in existential need; we simply cannot accept that our consciousness will cease to exist. We can’t accept it, because we know that if it can cease to exist, then it’s the same as never having existed in the first place. Life is only good if life is eternal. We are hardwired to understand that.

So, the atheist, if they die slowly, will always convert, or try to, before they go unconscious, even if all they do is scream in their head, “I will never believe in you!” like some petulant child, they all become believers, hopers, religionists, in the end.

But then comes eternal life, and they get what they always wanted. A universe where there is no God. They are simply consciousness in nothingness. Even today those atheists who have died remain in that universe, that universe of perpetual present nothingness, wondering when life will end. But it doesn’t end; it never will.

[Image: brain.jpg]

Can I still masturbate as a ghost?

Where do you think ectoplasm comes from?

Anyone here remember Mabus?

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 10:26 PM
When I'm a ghost I'm going to masturbate.
[Image: masturbating_ghost2.png]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
24-04-2013, 10:29 PM
(24-04-2013 10:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  When I'm a ghost I'm going to masturbate.
[Image: masturbating_ghost2.png]

These words will be on your grave.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 4 users Like Question's post
24-04-2013, 10:32 PM

(24-04-2013 08:30 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I have no power just a few letters on the screen to type out. You guys do what you want, but I will still disagree.

However you have reminded me why keeping my personal information away from the internet is so important. Maybe the real ability to say anything is only reserved for those who stay anonymous.

But if you're anonymous, what you say doesn't matter. So, it's not an ability to say what you want. The only way "you" can say what you want is to have the balls to stand up, say my name is so-and-so, and this is what I think.

Is it dangerous? I don't know. In the 20 years I've been online, I've dealt with a lot of psychos. I've had death threats, I've had phone calls, I've had people try to mess with my job. None of it has ever worked. I've learned how to de-escalate situations, and I know the personality type right off the bat, and I'll tell you something: there's probably a couple on this forum who probably deal with psychosis in some form, but they're not the dangerous ones. The most dangerous person in the world is the person with a narcissistic personality disorder. They are more likely to do more damage than any other category of mental illness. They don't laugh at jokes, except their own. They absolutely cannot tolerate someone like me who gets a lot of attention. They let it build up and up over time until they become so obsessed with hurting that other person that their lives will be torn apart until they do something. Those are the ones to watch out for. But they always telegraph their punches--always.

The only thing you can do is stop pouring gas on the fire.

Nevertheless, it is true that some people have a better situation when it comes to speaking out. Some people don't have the "exposure." A private cattle farmer can pretty much say whatever he wants, a politician can't. But as John Lennon proved, sometimes they're going to get you no matter what. My only advice in that case is that you have a message worth dying for. And I do.

That's my humble opinion.
24-04-2013, 10:38 PM
You should really be standing out on a busy street corner, Egor. The weather has been quite pleasant lately. You could do with some fresh air and face-to-face human interaction.

That probably sounds like a joke or a poke, but I'm quite serious about it.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
24-04-2013, 10:40 PM
(24-04-2013 10:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm not the one who made up the concept of hell. Apparently, it was the Son of God, Jesus Christ who told us about that. I believe in Jesus Christ, so I think it's only fair to warn you about it. To me, that's love, not hate. It's not like you don't have a choice in what you will believe, we all do.

Ah, the old Nuremberg defense... Consider
Quote:"An individual must be involved at the policy-making level to be culpable for a crime against peace ... the ordinary foot soldier is not expected to make his or her own personal assessment as to the legality of a conflict. Similarly, such an individual cannot be held criminally responsible for fighting in support of an illegal war, assuming that his or her personal war-time conduct is otherwise proper."

As a prophet, you're not half-innocent, yer doubly fucked.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-04-2013, 10:44 PM

(24-04-2013 09:24 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Other than the Egor Delusion's obvious signs of potential mental illness is the fact that he appears to have no ability to change tactics. He comes on here and posts with the same hostility, fire and brimstone and gets absolutely fucking nowhere. He doesn't change though, not one bit. Even my dogs demonstrate the ability to learn about what behaviors accomplish goals/rewards. the Egor Delusion just keeps hammering away with the same method expecting a different result.

What in the world makes you think I'm looking for a different result?

And I want to address this mental illness thing. It's not delusional to start a religion. If it were, then every religion is crazy. And that's fine if you think they are, but you live in society founded upon religion. Most people are religious, or at least "spiritual" which is the same thing as saying Liberal Christian but don't go to church. Almost no one is an atheist. So, really, if mental illness is defined by abberant behavior, the atheist is really the craziest of all the religious people.

And actually, I'm not sure I even fit in the category of starting a new religion. Who was it that told me the difference between heretic and heterodox beliefs?

Anyway, what I have done is simply started a heterodox sect of Christianity based no my interpretation of the Bible. Even the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ is not an original work, per se. It's a synthesis and edition of the four Gospels of the New Testament and the Gospel of Thomas. I didn't write up a new Bible, like the book of Mormon.

The only mental illness I have, and this is a professional opinion, is frequent and apparently intractable bouts of depression. I don't know why God has seen fit to give me that, but I have faith that it is all in His good plan, and that He uses it to some good end. Actually, as I write this memoir I'm working on, I'm beginning to see the roots of a lot of it.

But if it weren't for my life then, there would be no Veridicanism now. And Veridicanism is a good thing in the world. Trust me on that one. Over the years, as it blossoms, it will be the start of a thousand sects just like it, and the Kingdom of God will be on earth even as it is in heaven...or that's the plan anyway.
24-04-2013, 10:45 PM

(24-04-2013 09:47 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I think he needs to start ignoring that voice, and come take a look at the world for what it really is. Not what he thinks it is.

Then I'd never be able to change the world, would I?
24-04-2013, 10:54 PM

(24-04-2013 10:38 PM)Heathen Wrote:  You should really be standing out on a busy street corner, Egor. The weather has been quite pleasant lately. You could do with some fresh air and face-to-face human interaction.

That probably sounds like a joke or a poke, but I'm quite serious about it.

Actually, it's funny you mention that because one of the vingettes in this memoir is about a guy who came up to me while I was a mall cop, and he was carrying a sign about the world ending, and I was going to make him leave the property, but I came to realize he had a serious spiritual authority, that is hard to put into words. We talked and talked, and he really listened--and then he'd think, and then he'd respond, which meant he was listening to me when I spoke and not just waiting for his turn to speak. And he was the sanest person I think I've ever met.

We parted company, and I drove around the building and came back to tell him he could stay in the parking lot all he wanted, if he wanted to, but he was gone. I mean, he didn't have a car in the lot, I could see the entire street and sidewalk he would have walked on--and he wasn't there--it's like he just disappeared.

I think he was an angel. Because what we talked about changed my life.

So, I would take your advice, but I don't think it's any secret to anyone here--I'm no angel.