The Death of an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
24-04-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: The Death of an Atheist
One can learn from the most unlikely of sources. And one can also BE the most unlikely of sources. You must realize by now that your time could be better spent elsewhere.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 10:59 PM
(24-04-2013 10:54 PM)Egor Wrote:  I think he was an angel.

I lol'd Big Grin

See? That's why you got problems. We're not talking zebras from hoof prints, we're talking zero to griffin-land. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-04-2013, 11:09 PM
If in slowly dying I reach out to an imaginary master to subjugate myself to then I hope to die faster to look less pathetic.
[+] 4 users Like Atheist in Westeros's post
24-04-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: My Response to Stark Raving
(24-04-2013 10:32 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 08:30 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I have no power just a few letters on the screen to type out. You guys do what you want, but I will still disagree.

However you have reminded me why keeping my personal information away from the internet is so important. Maybe the real ability to say anything is only reserved for those who stay anonymous.

But if you're anonymous, what you say doesn't matter. So, it's not an ability to say what you want. The only way "you" can say what you want is to have the balls to stand up, say my name is so-and-so, and this is what I think.

Is it dangerous? I don't know. In the 20 years I've been online, I've dealt with a lot of psychos. I've had death threats, I've had phone calls, I've had people try to mess with my job. None of it has ever worked. I've learned how to de-escalate situations, and I know the personality type right off the bat, and I'll tell you something: there's probably a couple on this forum who probably deal with psychosis in some form, but they're not the dangerous ones. The most dangerous person in the world is the person with a narcissistic personality disorder. They are more likely to do more damage than any other category of mental illness. They don't laugh at jokes, except their own. They absolutely cannot tolerate someone like me who gets a lot of attention. They let it build up and up over time until they become so obsessed with hurting that other person that their lives will be torn apart until they do something. Those are the ones to watch out for. But they always telegraph their punches--always.

The only thing you can do is stop pouring gas on the fire.

Nevertheless, it is true that some people have a better situation when it comes to speaking out. Some people don't have the "exposure." A private cattle farmer can pretty much say whatever he wants, a politician can't. But as John Lennon proved, sometimes they're going to get you no matter what. My only advice in that case is that you have a message worth dying for. And I do.

That's my humble opinion.

That reminds me of the time Spartans considered bow and arrows to be wimpy.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
25-04-2013, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 02:28 AM by Mark Fulton.)
Allow me to put the "Egor phenomenon" in perspective. It worries me that some people are personally hurt by his comments, and I want to comment on his threats to society. I'll make some informed assumptions.

He's a loner. And he's lonely. He has few friends, because he's socially inept. He's frustrated that he's a nobody. He wants to be popular, so he's using his deluded understanding of religion to try to be somebody. He's created his own online world, where he hopes to get some attention. It isn't working for him, so he keeps coming back to TTA forum where his existence is at least acknowledged.

We all seek recognition and respect, even love, but for him the goalposts are lower. He's so used to being ignored, any response that acknowledges his existence pumps his ego. So calling him a fucking retard doesn't offend, but stimulates him, because his existence has elicited an emotion in someone else, and he's not used to that.

He has only average intelligence, is narcissistic and has a borderline personality disorder. No doubt raised in a fundamentalist family, he is a religious bigot. He's not overtly psychotic, but is bordering on the delusional.

He does have a little insight, but not the mental fortitude to realize what he is and how deluded his bizarre ideas are.

He is "unstable." He's quite capable of doing himself and others harm.

Folks, we're dealing with some serious pathology. Best think of him as a caged animal. We're safe...on the other side of the bars. We can prod and poke and laugh at him, and be amused at his ranting, but we shouldn't let ourselves get upset by him. He's just unwell.

Be thankful this is cyberspace. So it's highly unlikely he can hurt you. Just be glad you don't live next door to him, or in the same suburb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
25-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Quote:He's a loner. And he's lonely. He has few friends, because he's socially inept. He's frustrated that he's a nobody. He wants to be popular, so he's using his deluded understanding of religion to try to be somebody. He's created his own online world, where he hopes to get some attention. It isn't working for him, so he keeps coming back to TTA forum where his existence is at least acknowledged.
I mentioned this earlier, I think. S'why I feel bad for him, very easily I could have been him if certain events had worked out differently.

Quote:He is "unstable." He's quite capable of doing himself and others harm.
Unstable people are more likely to hurt themselves than others, I'm more concerned he'll do damage to himself.

Again, David Mabus comes to mind. At least he is now getting the help he needs.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
[+] 2 users Like KeenIdiot's post
25-04-2013, 01:22 AM
(24-04-2013 10:26 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 07:47 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Can I still masturbate as a ghost?

Where do you think ectoplasm comes from?

Anyone here remember Mabus?

I thought he was just a troll that inhabited the atheist.org forums. Is there more to him than that?

[Image: giphy.gif]
25-04-2013, 01:51 AM
He stared sending around death threats and got taken seriously, eventually had a sort of a breakdown and started sending them to the police as well.
Currently he's supposed to be removed from the internet and getting help for his mental problems.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
25-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Don't think we've ever had him over here, which seems to be the exception more than the rule since the trolls on both forums tend to hail from the same pools.

[Image: giphy.gif]
25-04-2013, 02:07 AM

(25-04-2013 12:46 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Allow me to put the "Egor phenomenon" in perspective.

Oh, here we go...

Quote:It worries me that some people are personally hurt by his comments, and I want to comment on his threats to society. I'll make some informed assumptions.

He's a loner. And he's lonely.

I'm married and have three grandsons with a fourth on the way.

Quote:He has few friends, because he's socially inept.

I work in a hospital and I go to Toastmasters.

Quote:He's frustrated that he's a nobody. He wants to be popular, so he's using his deluded understanding of religion to try to be somebody.

I just do what God says to do--and we're all nobodys in the end.

Quote: He's created his own online world, where he hopes to get some attention.
I'm in your online world and I get all the attention I can bear. I have a blog, but so do you.

Quote: It isn't working for him, so he keeps coming back to TTA forum where his existence is at least acknowledged.

Well, my blog's been up about a week and I have 900 hits. How 'bout you?

Quote:We all seek recognition and respect, even love, but for him the goalposts are even lower. He's so used to being ignored, any response that acknowledges his existence pumps his ego.

Are you out of your mind? I have to be careful where I post in here lest I steal a thread or get overwhelmed with responses. Like if you post something. I have to stay out of it, or it will completely gravitate to whatever I'm talking about. Mark, they make posts about me in here.

Quote: So calling him a fucking retard doesn't offend, but stimulates him, because his existence has elicited an emotion in someone else, and he's not used to that.

No, actually, I don't like it at all, and I wish we could have more mature discussions about the existence of God, but no one in here wants to do that.

Quote:He has only average intelligence,

Probably true.

Quote: is narcissistic and a borderline personality disorder.

I wouldn't say that. I'm arrogant, but I don't have to put others down to feel good about myself, like you're doing with this post. And I have very stable relationships in my 3D life. So, that rules oug BPD.

Quote: No doubt raised in a fundamentalist family, he is a religious bigot. He's not overtly psychotic, but is bordering on the delusional.

Well, you have to ride that fine line or you aren't going to do anything important. You know what I mean; I know you do.

Quote:He does have a little insight, but not the mental fortitude to realize what he is and how deluded his bizarre ideas are.

What's mental fortitude? I'm sure I have some around here somewhere.

Quote:He is "unstable." He's quite capable of doing himself and others harm.

We're all "capable" of doing harm to ourselves and others. But you have no evidence at all that I'm unstable--and you can't, because I'm not. I don't even have a temper anymore.

God, I like talking about myself...keep going!

Quote:Folks, we're dealing with some serious pathology.

No Say it ain't so!

I swear I can almost hear a Texas twang in that sentence.

Quote: Best think of him as a caged animal.

Yeah, do that. And then come back and talk about how rude and offensive I am. Come back and talk about how much of a hater I am. You can say that to me, and no one will call you on it. I have to avoid swearing in this very paragraph, because I'm held to a much higher standard. That means, I am better and more powerful. Anyone who is held to a higher standard than others is necessarily superior.

Quote: We're safe...on the other side of the bars. We can prod and poke and laugh at him, and be amused at his ranting, but we shouldn't let ourselves get upset by him. He's just unwell.

Do you know what, Mark? I don't take any time to analyze you at all. I don't spend one thought on who you are or what you do or what makes up your psychology. I simply don't care.

Quote:Be thankful this is cyberspace. So it's highly unlikely he can hurt you. Just be glad you don't live next door, or in the same suburb.

Do you really fantasize that I would lift a finger to hurt you? Do you fantasize that I would pay you that much attention?

Folks, we gottus sum sereeous pathology here. Laughat
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post