The Death of an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
26-04-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: The Death of an Atheist
(25-04-2013 11:36 PM)Egor Wrote:  One denies God to in order to eradicate sin.
Atheists are the only ones who deny God exists.
Therefore, atheists are trying to eradicate sin.

Atheists are not the only ones rejecting the validity of your deity. You know there are hundreds of other religions out there?

Oh right, almost forgot, all ploys of Satan's. You've got it all nailed down now don't ya? Weeping

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2013, 12:36 AM

(26-04-2013 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  You haven't addressed why a God worthy of any form of worship would send someone to hell. If God wants my allegiance he's gonna have to do better than scare tactics.

Any God that would not send someone to hell who made a statement like that, would not be a God worthy of worship. I'd ask God to forgive you for that, if I were you.

Quote:And as you say, it is *our* choice to reject or not, so by rejecting I'm saying that if this evil God exists indeed, then he can go ahead. I won't gripe. As many have said before, in that case all the best and brightest of humanity are in hell.

So what?
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2013, 12:46 AM

(26-04-2013 12:08 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Atheists are not the only ones rejecting the validity of your deity. You know there are hundreds of other religions out there?

Anyone not in Christ goes to hell. That's it. If that's not true, then Jesus lied. If Jesus lied, we have no reliable revelation of God. If we have no reliable revelation of God, then we are in the atheist conundrum. That is we have no reason to be good, or to avoid hedonism. Our lives have no meaning and no purpose and it is better to have never been born.

Now, there is obviously some exception for children, because Jesus said unless we enter like a child..., a child seven days old will tell an old man..., If anyone harms one of these little ones..., Their angels are always before God..., etc.

I don't know what the age is, and it may be different for everyone. A mentally retarded person may never come to realize any kind of faith or belief. But it seems to me when a child comes to understand on their own that they are not good and that they need to be forgiven, then that's the age when it all kicks in. I was probably about eleven.

And there are different kinds of hell. Jesus describes torture, outer darkness, and then just plain old destruction.

But you're not going to get destruction. No one in this group is going to get destruction. The people in this group are probably more theologically astute than most everyone on the planet. That's a fact. None of us in here have any defense on judgment day at all except to have asked God to kill what we are and make us new in Christ.

Yep. Drinking Beverage
26-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Oh well. See you in hell, Egor Wink
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
26-04-2013, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 01:02 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(26-04-2013 12:46 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(26-04-2013 12:08 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Atheists are not the only ones rejecting the validity of your deity. You know there are hundreds of other religions out there?

Anyone not in Christ goes to hell. That's it. If that's not true, then Jesus lied. If Jesus lied, we have no reliable revelation of God. If we have no reliable revelation of God, then we are in the atheist conundrum. That is we have no reason to be good, or to avoid hedonism. Our lives have no meaning and no purpose and it is better to have never been born.

Now, there is obviously some exception for children, because Jesus said unless we enter like a child..., a child seven days old will tell an old man..., If anyone harms one of these little ones..., Their angels are always before God..., etc.

I don't know what the age is, and it may be different for everyone. A mentally retarded person may never come to realize any kind of faith or belief. But it seems to me when a child comes to understand on their own that they are not good and that they need to be forgiven, then that's the age when it all kicks in. I was probably about eleven.

And there are different kinds of hell. Jesus describes torture, outer darkness, and then just plain old destruction.

But you're not going to get destruction. No one in this group is going to get destruction. The people in this group are probably more theologically astute than most everyone on the planet. That's a fact. None of us in here have any defense on judgment day at all except to have asked God to kill what we are and make us new in Christ.

Yep. Drinking Beverage

Yep, like usual, your logic doesn't make a lick of sense and is saturated with logical fallacies.

You need to tell your partner in crime that he should take a chill pill and ease off the torture (although since he's only in your head, I guess you are the one who needs it).

If heaven was replete with stripper poles, that'd be a good incentive to put my faith in Jesus. Bowing

[Image: giphy.gif]
26-04-2013, 01:23 AM
(26-04-2013 12:46 AM)Egor Wrote:  Anyone not in Christ goes to hell. That's it. If that's not true, then Jesus lied. If Jesus lied, we have no reliable revelation of God. If we have no reliable revelation of God, then we are in the atheist conundrum. That is we have no reason to be good, or to avoid hedonism. Our lives have no meaning and no purpose and it is better to have never been born.

Hmmm... If we didn't have God, then we would have no reason to be "good?" You... YOU say you have God in your life, and yet I don't see much "good" coming from you. I'm confused. Consider

Telling people they are going to go to hell constantly and saying atheists must be destroyed doesn't sound very nice. It doesn't sound "good" of you at least.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
26-04-2013, 01:32 AM
Oh! And what about the people who believe in God and Heaven that murder and rape others? They say they believe in God, but they harm others. Then, from what I hear, if they accept Jesus in their hearts before they die and are truly sorry for their sins, they will go to Heaven and play golf in the clouds and hang out with their buddies for eternity.

I'm an atheist and I've never murdered or raped anyone. I volunteer and donate to charities. (GASP! I even gave clothes AND I shop at the Salvation Army on occasion.) I give my friends, family and even strangers support when they need it. I choose to obey laws. I consider myself a GOOD person. I'm happy and I don't harm others. But, I've been told, that I'm still going to go to Hell when I die. What have I done to deserve to be sentenced to this place where I will suffer for eternity?

There's something wrong here.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
26-04-2013, 01:40 AM
(26-04-2013 01:32 AM)Peanut Wrote:  Oh! And what about the people who believe in God and Heaven that murder and rape others? They say they believe in God, but they harm others. Then, from what I hear, if they accept Jesus in their hearts before they die and are truly sorry for their sins, they will go to Heaven and play golf in the clouds and hang out with their buddies for eternity.

Obviously they don't really believe in God, because god is ultimate good. Or they believe in Satanic False-Gods.

(26-04-2013 01:32 AM)Peanut Wrote:  I'm an atheist and I've never murdered or raped anyone. I volunteer and donate to charities. (GASP! I even gave clothes AND I shop at the Salvation Army on occasion.) I give my friends, family and even strangers support when they need it. I choose to obey laws. I consider myself a GOOD person. I'm happy and I don't harm others. But, I've been told, that I'm still going to go to Hell when I die. What have I done to deserve to be sentenced to this place where I will suffer for eternity?

Doesn't matter, you're still an evil satanic atheist.

Okay Egor, I am sure I have saved you your time here, run along and play elsewhere.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-04-2013, 01:57 AM

(26-04-2013 01:23 AM)Peanut Wrote:  Hmmm... If we didn't have God, then we would have no reason to be "good?" You... YOU say you have God in your life, and yet I don't see much "good" coming from you. I'm confused. Consider

Telling people they are going to go to hell constantly and saying atheists must be destroyed doesn't sound very nice. It doesn't sound "good" of you at least.

Atheists don’t need to be destroyed; they need to be saved. Atheism needs to be destroyed. That’s been my position for well over a year on this forum, and most of the old-timers would attest to that. So, if the only way to make me bad is to lie about me—that says more about your heart than mine. Don’t you think?

(26-04-2013 01:32 AM)Peanut Wrote:  Oh! And what about the people who believe in God and Heaven that murder and rape others? They say they believe in God, but they harm others. Then, from what I hear, if they accept Jesus in their hearts before they die and are truly sorry for their sins, they will go to Heaven and play golf in the clouds and hang out with their buddies for eternity.

Yes. And if you become Christ and are truly sorry for your sins, you will enter paradise as well.

Quote:I'm an atheist and I've never murdered or raped anyone.
You definitely sound like you’re on a positive track. Keep up the good work.

Quote: I volunteer and donate to charities. (GASP! I even gave clothes AND I shop at the Salvation Army on occasion.) I give my friends, family and even strangers support when they need it. I choose to obey laws. I consider myself a GOOD person.

You need a different opinion of yourself. Everyone does good and bad. God sees your good works, and you get your reward for that—here in this life. It’s part of the spiritual law, even if all you get are the bragging rights.

Quote: I'm happy and I don't harm others. But, I've been told, that I'm still going to go to Hell when I die. What have I done to deserve to be sentenced to this place where I will suffer for eternity?

You have failed to become Christ. Human beings do not exist so that God can serve them. They exist to serve God. God wants glory. He gets glory when He creates a free-will agent who uses that free will to become one with Him. Any human being that doesn’t do that is worth nothing to God.

No, no, it gets worse: Have you ever walked through an orchard? I did in Arizona, an orange grove. I had this revelation: There are hundreds of trees; they bear fruit year after year, after year. On every tree are a couple hundred oranges, and in each orange are probably a dozen or more seeds. It only takes one seed to make an entire orange tree, but none of those seeds in that orchard ever become one. Maybe one in a billion ever gets planted to grow into a tree.

That’s how humans are: We are seeds. Every one of us can become Christ as we are designed to become, almost no one ever does. And just like all those seeds in the orchard, those humans are discarded. Hell, Peanut, is the norm.

Take my advice, stop calling yourself good. That lie is killing you.
26-04-2013, 02:11 AM
Sorry, guys. I just felt like posting. I shoulda posted in the "debates with theists" section, but I decided to post here, because it still fits some of the stuff that was stated. (It's what made me want to write it.) I'm moving on.

I shall resist temptation from now on. Tongue

Drinking Beverage