The Death of an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
26-04-2013, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 01:12 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The Death of an Atheist
The Hebrews did not believe in immortality, including Jebus. Any scholar knows that. Of course Mr. Edward J. Gordon RN. would not know that, as he has never taken even 1 course in Biblical Studies. Even St. Paul did not believe in immortality, except for the saved. Therefore Jebus, (a good Jew), and all the founders of Christianity had no conception that anyone would go to hell. Gordon, being 110 % ignorant of anything approaching academic knowledge of the subject he pretends to spout off about, makes a fool of himself every time he opens his mouth about the subject of hell, or anything else for that matter concerning the Bible, or religion. He just makes it up out of the blue. The Jews had no hell. Neither did Jebus. "Going to hell" all got made up later. One "goes" nowhere, in a timeless/space-less environment. But then Gordon never took Philosophy 101 either, so he would have no clue why saying that is also meaningless. His philosophy and theology is truly worthy of a 5 year old. Nothing more. Of course he needs that childish crap to make sense of life, since his brain operates at the 5 year old level. But then, he is mentally ill. Weeping
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...other-look

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2013, 02:59 AM
Quote:That is we have no reason to be good, or to avoid hedonism.

Lol.

Do you need me to explain how we can have "morals" without a god? again.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-04-2013, 06:42 AM
Drive-by...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-04-2013, 09:11 AM
(25-04-2013 12:23 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 11:48 AM)Impulse Wrote:  The problem as I see, Egor, is you are unable to step outside of your own perspective enough to fully appreciate that others really do see things differently than you.

What are you talking about? Of course, I know that people see things differently than me. That's the problem, isn't it? An atheist refuses to believe in God or Jesus Christ, and this puts their soul in jepordy.
You insisted that every atheist will suddenly convert or wish there was a god in their dying moments. That statement is completely blind to the truth of what at least most atheists will really do at that time and I submit to you that the blindness comes from the erroneous thinking that atheists are at some level like you - meaning, it's hard for you to imagine how an atheist wouldn't turn to god in some manner on their death bed so you assume they necessarily would.

(25-04-2013 12:23 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 11:48 AM)Impulse Wrote:  If I were dying today, I could no more desire to convert than you could desire to start worshiping a rock on your deathbed; because I believe just as strongly that there is nothing that is "god" as you believe no rock is "god".

Okay. Maybe it's the case that you are utterly damned and unable to see the light, in fact have been blinded by God so you can't see the light and never will. But I don't accept that; I will not accept that.

And I will not let go of your hand as you dangle over a cliff just because you try to convince me it's a lost cause.

You know all the evidence for God that I do. You can read the Gospel record independently as I did. You could form your own religion from it as I have. No one's telling to ever be like the bible-thumping Christians you despise--they aren't right either. Most of them are going to hell just the same.
I know of no evidence supporting the existence of any god.
I have read the gospels and they are not evidence.
Why would anyone form a new religion unless it's based upon a completely new god?
I don't despise even 1 Christian. It's Christianity itself that I despise.

(25-04-2013 12:23 PM)Egor Wrote:  You have these choices while you are alive, and if you had no inclination, you wouldn't be in here making your case to the most hated person in this forum.
My choices are already made unless something earth shattering shows itself and changes my mind. I'm here on this forum to share and to learn and to present counter-arguments to nonsense for anyone that might come here and read. I'm really not making a case to you (sorry to burst your bubble) because your ears and eyes are obviously closed on the subject.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-04-2013, 10:27 AM
(25-04-2013 01:15 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 12:23 PM)Egor Wrote:  ...to the most hated person in this forum.

You're not even number one in that regard. Tongue

And Ameron, I can't read a damn thing yer saying.

Don't know why that is. Others have been able to.
26-04-2013, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 03:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
95 % of the US prison population self-identifies a Christian. Therefore empirical evidence proves Mr. Gordon wrong again.
Morality does not come from the gods. But of course, Edward has never taken an Anthropology course, so he is ignorant of basic sciences.
The business of "you deny god so you can sin" is prejudice at it's worst. What he's doing is projecting HIS potential evil-doing without his little Jebus friend,
checking up on the little guy. Very juvenile. He also needs his sucker reward (heaven), or he won't do what he should. Just a child, in big boy pants, with a child's mentality.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2013, 10:37 AM
(26-04-2013 01:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Human beings do not exist so that God can serve them. They exist to serve God. God wants glory. He gets glory when He creates a free-will agent who uses that free will to become one with Him. Any human being that doesn’t do that is worth nothing to God.

And yet God sacrificed his son, or rather, himself in order to appease our sins. Yet this supposed omnipotent being is completely incapable of having glory without us? Your fairy daddy is an awfully large panzie.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
26-04-2013, 10:49 AM
(25-04-2013 01:15 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 12:23 PM)Egor Wrote:  ...to the most hated person in this forum.

You're not even number one in that regard. Tongue

Don't know why that is. Others have.
All hail One True God Gwyneth Paltrow!
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
26-04-2013, 11:32 AM
(26-04-2013 10:49 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 01:15 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You're not even number one in that regard. Tongue

Don't know why that is. Others have.
All hail One True God Gwyneth Paltrow!

Big Grin

That post a coupla pages back was all in one quote box.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2013, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 04:14 PM by kim.)
(26-04-2013 01:57 AM)Ego Wrote:  Atheists don’t need to be destroyed; they need to be saved. Atheism needs to be destroyed.

And then...
(26-04-2013 01:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Human beings do not exist so that God can serve them. They exist to serve God. God wants glory. He gets glory when He creates a free-will agent who uses that free will to become one with Him. Any human being that doesn’t do that is worth nothing to God.

So, a varied group of people(atheists) who's only commonality is to not believe in your philosophy, must be stopped from not believing. Also, this freedom to not believe must be destroyed because it's very existence announces to the world that the philosophy to which you(Egor) subscribe, is non-existant(god). Then you state, this possibly non-existant philosophy(god) already adjudicates this group of people(atheists) to be unworthy of becoming non-existant(one with god).

Egor, while thinking you are "saving" atheists by harassing them and trying to destroy their freedom to not believe, you are in fact working against your own philosophy. I could advise you that your non-existant god might become a little miffed about that but, I'd rather stay out of your psychosis. Dodgy

Anyway...

Atheists: unworthy of non-existant god

Thanks for the bumper sticker!
Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post