The Death of an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
23-04-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: The Death of an Atheist
(23-04-2013 02:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  But all human beings have a built-in existential need; we simply cannot accept that our consciousness will cease to exist. We can’t accept it, because we know that if it can cease to exist, then it’s the same as never having existed in the first place. Life is only good if life is eternal. We are hardwired to understand that.

Wrong. Not "built in". You forgot to point out where and how it's built in. Many cultures did not believe in immortality, including ALL of most of Hebrew culture. Just goes to show, The "rev" actually knows not ONE damn thing about the Bible he presumed to re-write. Conditioned response. Juvenile thought process, as usual. You don't get a sucker, you don't want to get the work done.

(23-04-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  So, the atheist, if they die slowly, will always convert, or try to, before they go unconscious, even if all they do is scream in their head, “I will never believe in you!” like some petulant child, they all become believers, hopers, religionists, in the end.

Wrong again, deluded one. They do not. You have no proof of this. Obviously you have never seen one die. And as usual what you're doing here is "rehersing" for YOURSELF, YOUR thought process if YOU were to be an atheist ... YOUR GREATEST FEAR. THAT is what this is all about. You fear the fact that underneath your shitty exterior, YOU REALLY ARE an antheist, and that scares the crap out of you.

Get some therapy. You need it.

(23-04-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  But then comes eternal life, and they get what they always wanted. A universe where there is no God. They are simply consciousness in nothingness. Even today those atheists who have died remain in that universe, that universe of perpetual present nothingness, wondering when life will end. But it doesn’t end; it never will.

Prove it.
There is no post-mortem working of a brain. There is no mechanism for it. You have not even begun to speculate how that might happen. Just more talking out your ass. Get an education in Neuroscience, Egor.

" You fear the fact that underneath your shitty exterior, YOU REALLY ARE an antheist, and that scares the crap out of you.

Get some therapy. You need it. "

I like it!

Bucky, I award you a high distinction for this psychology assignment.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 03:55 PM
(23-04-2013 03:50 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  your suicide bomber corps is going to be a bit thin come the apocalypse.

Oh my God I wish I had a less sucky net connection right now. Quick, someone post the suicide corps from Life of Brian... it has to go right here! Right here now! I order you to post it!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:Nevertheless, that leaves us with an atheist problem. Even though it may be utterly impossible to turn an atheist if God has rejected them, they still infect the world with the atheistic influence. Like a dead body with the plague, they are still very dangerous to the living. They weaken faith and stifle those who are developing in Christ. The atheistic influence (via Satan) still seeks to destroy humanity through devolution and extinction. So, we have a probelm--a problem that demands a solution.

And I'm beginning to think it's us or them. Someone's going to rule the world, and there just isn't room for both.

New show on AMC: The Thinking Atheists! See Egor lead a dwindling band of religious knuckleheads as they battle against an ever-growing horde of critically-thinking atheists that threaten to take over the world and plunge it into rationality! Evil_monster
[+] 6 users Like Atheist_pilgrim's post
23-04-2013, 03:59 PM

Angel

And - it's been painfully obvious for a long time that Egor is struggling to keep his faith and has probably lost it already, but is too much of a coward to admit it, even to himself. I know the feeling, only, it took me much less time and the process didn't turn me into an all-hating, foaming-at-the-mouth ass.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
23-04-2013, 04:13 PM

(23-04-2013 03:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  And - it's been painfully obvious for a long time that Egor is struggling to keep his faith and has probably lost it already, but is too much of a coward to admit it, even to himself. I know the feeling, only, it took me much less time and the process didn't turn me into an all-hating, foaming-at-the-mouth ass.

The video is of Muslims--they're part of you, the atheists, inasmuch as they too are ruled by a satanic force.
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 04:14 PM
(23-04-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  While they have their health, atheists can be skeptical all they want. It’s easy to be brave when there’s no threat, and if their life is taken from them suddenly, they will feel no need to change. But all human beings have a built-in existential need; we simply cannot accept that our consciousness will cease to exist. We can’t accept it, because we know that if it can cease to exist, then it’s the same as never having existed in the first place. Life is only good if life is eternal. We are hardwired to understand that.

So, the atheist, if they die slowly, will always convert, or try to, before they go unconscious, even if all they do is scream in their head, “I will never believe in you!” like some petulant child, they all become believers, hopers, religionists, in the end.

But then comes eternal life, and they get what they always wanted. A universe where there is no God. They are simply consciousness in nothingness. Even today those atheists who have died remain in that universe, that universe of perpetual present nothingness, wondering when life will end. But it doesn’t end; it never will.

[Image: brain.jpg]

So what point do my brain tumors need to reach for me to start seeking god? Because I gotta be honest here, I haven't considered the possibility of god existing any more now than I did pre-cancer. In fact, I've considered it less if anything.

When death is near, it gets pretty easy to prioritize. My priorities have nothing to do with religion, faith, god, or spirituality. Am I just not close enough to death to change? Or am I just not elect?

(just for the record, cancer is the very definition of "dying slowly". It appears that I must have missed the memo telling me I should be becoming a believer)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 15 users Like Stark Raving's post
23-04-2013, 04:17 PM
(23-04-2013 04:13 PM)Egor Wrote:  The video is of Muslims--they're part of you, the atheists, inasmuch as they too are ruled by a satanic force.
[Image: mj-laughing1.gif]

Thanks for a great laugh just before going to bed Thumbsup

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
23-04-2013, 04:19 PM

(23-04-2013 02:35 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  This fails because I'm fine with death.

Healthy people who are no where near death (or at least think they aren't) always think that way. Like I said, it's easy to be brave when you've nothing to fear.

Quote:People can accept death, me and everyone else that has is living proof. Will it be scary when it gets closer? sure. So what? Life is good if it's temporal too, I'm experiencing right now, something that wouldn't be happening in the moment if I never existed. It's not the destination that matters, it's the journey.

Blah, blah, blah. A life that isn't eternal is a life that is worthless.

Quote:You however, according to your post, can't cope with the idea of death. I wonder how much of a role that fear has on your belief in a god...

You can't either.

Quote:We can systematically destroy each of our senses and be left completely blind to the outside world and have only our thoughts, only internal stimulation that comes from a mix of memory and imagination. We could surely mush up enough of the brain so you remain conscious, but that almost nothing is going on. Essentially conscious of your own awareness and that is all. But when your entire brain dies you expect to be totally fine? Please explain.

Consciousness doesn't come from the brain. The brain filters consciousness so we can live in the physical world.
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 04:36 PM
(23-04-2013 04:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  While they have their health, atheists can be skeptical all they want. It’s easy to be brave when there’s no threat, and if their life is taken from them suddenly, they will feel no need to change. But all human beings have a built-in existential need; we simply cannot accept that our consciousness will cease to exist. We can’t accept it, because we know that if it can cease to exist, then it’s the same as never having existed in the first place. Life is only good if life is eternal. We are hardwired to understand that.

So, the atheist, if they die slowly, will always convert, or try to, before they go unconscious, even if all they do is scream in their head, “I will never believe in you!” like some petulant child, they all become believers, hopers, religionists, in the end.

But then comes eternal life, and they get what they always wanted. A universe where there is no God. They are simply consciousness in nothingness. Even today those atheists who have died remain in that universe, that universe of perpetual present nothingness, wondering when life will end. But it doesn’t end; it never will.

[Image: brain.jpg]

So what point do my brain tumors need to reach for me to start seeking god? Because I gotta be honest here, I haven't considered the possibility of god existing any more now than I did pre-fcancer. In fact, I've considered it less if anything.

When death is near, it gets pretty easy to prioritize. My priorities have nothing to do with religion, faith, god, or spirituality. Am I just not close enough to death to change? Or am I just not elect?

(just for the record, cancer is the very definition of "dying slowly". It appears that I must have missed the memo telling me I should be becoming a believer)
I want to say that I "liked" your post ONLY because you helped to prove your point. I don't "like" that you are going through this. It helps to show that not everyone who stares death in the face will turn to God or that they NEED a god to help them through.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
23-04-2013, 04:44 PM
(23-04-2013 04:36 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So what point do my brain tumors need to reach for me to start seeking god? Because I gotta be honest here, I haven't considered the possibility of god existing any more now than I did pre-fcancer. In fact, I've considered it less if anything.

I want to say that I "liked" your post ONLY because you helped to prove your point. I don't "like" that you are going through this. It helps to show that not everyone who stares death in the face will turn to God or that they NEED a god to help them through.

I second this.