The Death of an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
23-04-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: The Death of an Atheist
(23-04-2013 04:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  While they have their health, atheists can be skeptical all they want. It’s easy to be brave when there’s no threat, and if their life is taken from them suddenly, they will feel no need to change. But all human beings have a built-in existential need; we simply cannot accept that our consciousness will cease to exist. We can’t accept it, because we know that if it can cease to exist, then it’s the same as never having existed in the first place. Life is only good if life is eternal. We are hardwired to understand that.

So, the atheist, if they die slowly, will always convert, or try to, before they go unconscious, even if all they do is scream in their head, “I will never believe in you!” like some petulant child, they all become believers, hopers, religionists, in the end.

But then comes eternal life, and they get what they always wanted. A universe where there is no God. They are simply consciousness in nothingness. Even today those atheists who have died remain in that universe, that universe of perpetual present nothingness, wondering when life will end. But it doesn’t end; it never will.

[Image: brain.jpg]

So what point do my brain tumors need to reach for me to start seeking god? Because I gotta be honest here, I haven't considered the possibility of god existing any more now than I did pre-cancer. In fact, I've considered it less if anything.

When death is near, it gets pretty easy to prioritize. My priorities have nothing to do with religion, faith, god, or spirituality. Am I just not close enough to death to change? Or am I just not elect?

(just for the record, cancer is the very definition of "dying slowly". It appears that I must have missed the memo telling me I should be becoming a believer)

Right there with ya Stark. God hasn't come into play for me either. Doctors are a much better place to put anything resembling faith.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
23-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Y'know....I wonder how science works during death.
Oh wait, there's study on that.

Get your information somewhere else than The Walking Dead.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
23-04-2013, 04:59 PM
(23-04-2013 03:08 PM)Egor Wrote:  And I'm beginning to think it's us or them. Someone's going to rule the world, and there just isn't room for both.

How much would you know about yourself and your faith, your beliefs and your perspective, if atheist hadn't or doesn't exist? How light would the light be without the dark?

And is someone to rule the world, or the heavens? Doesn't 'someone' already have a handle on this (ahem, God) and a plan? Isn't someone already in control? Isn't the point of belief and faith that it's not in a humans control?

Your comment makes you sound crazy, like you've received special messages of paranoia to irrationally off atheists.
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
23-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Hey egor since this thread was obviously created because you weren't getting enough attention. I found a t shirt for you. Thumbsup

[Image: prone_to_attention_seeking_behavior_tshi...qb_400.jpg]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post
23-04-2013, 05:04 PM
(23-04-2013 03:08 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 02:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If God predestines, then not every or all will always try to convert. They will only convert if they are elect. If they aren't elect, they can't concert... because they can't know God... because God hasn't acted upon them.

That's what I'm saying.

I must admit, this is causing me some real turmoil right now. Because I fully accept what Jesus Christ says (and what you say) that only some are elected. And, according to Jesus, that's not very many. But I believe also, that God can change His mind, and if an atheist were to see the rational light of God's existence, and if they were to see that Jesus's teachings were right, and if they "stived to enter through the narrow gate," God would choose them. There's nothing in the Bible or the VGJC that indicates God can't change his mind or that people are predestined from the very beginning of the universe and nothing can affect it one way or the other. Some people are born poor, but they still enter the rich class before the end of their life.

Nevertheless, that leaves us with an atheist problem. Even though it may be utterly impossible to turn an atheist if God has rejected them, they still infect the world with the atheistic influence. Like a dead body with the plague, they are still very dangerous to the living. They weaken faith and stifle those who are developing in Christ. The atheistic influence (via Satan) still seeks to destroy humanity through devolution and extinction. So, we have a probelm--a problem that demands a solution.

And I'm beginning to think it's us or them. Someone's going to rule the world, and there just isn't room for both.

You're starting to sound like a murderous fundamentalist Egor No

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
23-04-2013, 05:08 PM
The Death of a Veridican
Will be like any other death. The end.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-04-2013, 05:16 PM
[Claim advanced about the sort of afterlife that atheists experience]

Huh. Interesting. I wonder -- not much, because it's Egor -- whether there's any evidenciary basis for this or if he's just pulling it out of his a--

[Swift ad-hominem jab about atheists never accomplishing anything]

... really? Is an Egor thread even worth the effort to compile a list of atheist accomp--

[Claim that muslisms are atheists because both groups are Satan Worshipers]

FUCK IT. I'm officially hijacking this thread, and steering it off-topic as of exactly now. EVERYONE POST YOUR LOLCATS!

[Image: unleash_the_fury.jpg]

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
23-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Re: The Death of an Atheist
You do what your father told you to do.. Got it so you admit you've not given a critical examination to your flawed perspective.
23-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I wanted to point this out:

Egor hasn't responded to any of the atheists that have and still are facing death Consider

I get the feeling that he doesn't have anything to say. There are atheists that have dealt with death and didn't turn to God; He doesn't KNOW how to respond.

It makes me sick. Egor, you make these absurd claims and then when EVIDENCE is presented and right there in your face, you IGNORE it.

You are a horrible person and I can't believe you can justify to yourself that the claims you make and the comments you post are okay.

Don't tell others that an entire group of people will behave a certain way. There is no evidence to support that. I didn't turn to a fucking god. Don't tell others that we need him in a time of crisis. Maybe YOU need some mythical fairytale to be true in order to function and make everyday decisions and keep you from harming others,
but not everyone is like that.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 10 users Like Peanut's post
23-04-2013, 06:12 PM
(23-04-2013 04:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  Blah, blah, blah. A life that isn't eternal is a life that is worthless.

I couldn't disagree more. I think it's exactly the opposite. If you have an eternity to do anything and everything how can you ever appreciate the moment?
Have you ever saved you're money to buy something? When you can finally obtain it, you really appreciate what you had to go through in order to get it, and consequently appreciate the purchase. If you had an infinite amount of money, you could buy everything you would ever want. You would discard mansions and yachts as if they were worthless, because when your money (read: life) is eternal it becomes worthless.
Quote:Consciousness doesn't come from the brain. The brain filters consciousness so we can live in the physical world.
So, what you're saying here is that consciousness exists independently from the brain, so that when the brain (the physical) dies, the consciousness (non-physical) continues to exist unhindered and unchanged. By this reasoning, there would be nothing anyone could do to the brain to affect any change whatsoever to the consciousness.

Have you ever heard of a lobotomy?

A person goes in. A different person comes out.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post