The Death of an Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
23-04-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: The Death of an Atheist
(23-04-2013 05:03 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Hey egor since this thread was obviously created because you weren't getting enough attention. I found a t shirt for you. Thumbsup

[Image: prone_to_attention_seeking_behavior_tshi...qb_400.jpg]

If an Egor talks in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
23-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah... I've had a few times were I ended up in the hospital, near death.
God never really came to mind. Concern for my family, friends, hope for survival, sure.
I still have a problem where my body will react with a severe allergic reaction for no apparent reason. Luckily so far people have been nearby to take me to the hospital because it always happens when I can't get to my eppi pens.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
[+] 2 users Like KeenIdiot's post
23-04-2013, 06:22 PM
(23-04-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  While they have their health, atheists can be skeptical all they want. It’s easy to be brave when there’s no threat, and if their life is taken from them suddenly, they will feel no need to change. But all human beings have a built-in existential need; we simply cannot accept that our consciousness will cease to exist. We can’t accept it, because we know that if it can cease to exist, then it’s the same as never having existed in the first place. Life is only good if life is eternal. We are hardwired to understand that.

So, the atheist, if they die slowly, will always convert, or try to, before they go unconscious, even if all they do is scream in their head, “I will never believe in you!” like some petulant child, they all become believers, hopers, religionists, in the end.

But then comes eternal life, and they get what they always wanted. A universe where there is no God. They are simply consciousness in nothingness. Even today those atheists who have died remain in that universe, that universe of perpetual present nothingness, wondering when life will end. But it doesn’t end; it never will.

[Image: brain.jpg]

Why Egor, do you think that I am sceptical of your claims that humans are hard-wired to believe eternal life or that atheists who die slowly will convert? Could it be because you present no evidence for this claim? Why yes, it is.

It is the fact that life is finite which makes it interesting and a worth while experience, get shit done while you have the chance, regardless of how small an achievement so long as you can be satisfied with your doings in life, dafuq does it matter? Doing something when there is absolutely no restriction on how much time you have is almost pointless, unless of course dead people are at this moment having tower construction time-trials "We only took 20 years to build a tower reaching the the moon this time. Next time, let's try to do it in 10." or something else that would usually take so long a time that we would normally get bored with it. They would have probably gone completely mad by now anyway.

Also, your claim that we cannot accept our consciousness going away? Anybody who recognises death as an inevitability should logically recognise that, by all evidence currently held, the second our brain completely shuts off, our consciousness is gone along with everything else but a couple kilos of organic matter rotting away. If my brain can cease all function that it can, but that does not mean that it is the same as not existing in the first place.
I die; that is a small change to the scenario, but there is still reverberation of my previous actions within. If I did not exist in the first place because of my death; That is a completely different scenario wherein I never acted and thus had no effect, the scenario is unchanged form it's time prior to my existence, death and being totally erased.

Your two other statements also make little sense; what does it matter to you at all when an atheist dies, if your unevidenced statements are correct, the likelihood of them converting to your religion and thus being a believer in the religion which mattered at the end is so unlikely that it is a laughable possibility. Like me suddenly changing to a political party of one member which I have never head of or seen, in fact, that might actually be more likely an occurrence.

As for your final statement; Do our brains simply initialise themselves in some kind of dark space, a matter-less region of some kind? If that is so, that is contradictory to your claim of nothingness, as our brains would have had to be formed of something. I would act if god could use a bit of his left over nothing to create us in this region, but I just remembered that god had to use Adam's rib to make a woman because he suddenly had run out of all the nothing.
But you describe our afterlife as endless as well, what is the difference? Both versions of eternal life would likely have the same result of total insanity via boredom.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
23-04-2013, 06:28 PM
(23-04-2013 06:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 05:03 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Hey egor since this thread was obviously created because you weren't getting enough attention. I found a t shirt for you. Thumbsup

[Image: prone_to_attention_seeking_behavior_tshi...qb_400.jpg]

If an Egor talks in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

It makes a sound, but it doesn't makes sense

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 5 users Like nach_in's post
23-04-2013, 06:44 PM
(23-04-2013 06:28 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 06:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  If an Egor talks in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

It makes a sound, but it doesn't makes sense

Hm. Then I guess it doesn't make a difference if it is in the forest or in the forum.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
23-04-2013, 06:51 PM
(23-04-2013 04:13 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 03:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  And - it's been painfully obvious for a long time that Egor is struggling to keep his faith and has probably lost it already, but is too much of a coward to admit it, even to himself. I know the feeling, only, it took me much less time and the process didn't turn me into an all-hating, foaming-at-the-mouth ass.

The video is of Muslims--they're part of you, the atheists, inasmuch as they too are ruled by a satanic force.

I guess your depression improved then?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

23-04-2013, 07:13 PM
(23-04-2013 03:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 02:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  While they have their health, atheists can be skeptical all they want. It’s easy to be brave when there’s no threat, and if their life is taken from them suddenly, they will feel no need to change. But all human beings have a built-in existential need; we simply cannot accept that our consciousness will cease to exist. We can’t accept it, because we know that if it can cease to exist, then it’s the same as never having existed in the first place. Life is only good if life is eternal. We are hardwired to understand that.

So, the atheist, if they die slowly, will always convert, or try to, before they go unconscious, even if all they do is scream in their head, “I will never believe in you!” like some petulant child, they all become believers, hopers, religionists, in the end.

But then comes eternal life, and they get what they always wanted. A universe where there is no God. They are simply consciousness in nothingness. Even today those atheists who have died remain in that universe, that universe of perpetual present nothingness, wondering when life will end. But it doesn’t end; it never will.

[Image: brain.jpg]

You have finally been reduced to babbling. Drinking Beverage
"You have finally been reduced to babbling. Drinking Beverage"

Was there a time when he wasn't?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Mark Fulton's post
23-04-2013, 07:41 PM
(23-04-2013 05:34 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I wanted to point this out:

Egor hasn't responded to any of the atheists that have and still are facing death Consider

I get the feeling that he doesn't have anything to say. There are atheists that have dealt with death and didn't turn to God; He doesn't KNOW how to respond.

It makes me sick. Egor, you make these absurd claims and then when EVIDENCE is presented and right there in your face, you IGNORE it.

You are a horrible person and I can't believe you can justify to yourself that the claims you make and the comments you post are okay.

Don't tell others that an entire group of people will behave a certain way. There is no evidence to support that. I didn't turn to a fucking god. Don't tell others that we need him in a time of crisis. Maybe YOU need some mythical fairytale to be true in order to function and make everyday decisions and keep you from harming others,
but not everyone is like that.

Peanut don't expect a response, Egor is pretty consistent with only responding to females with nasty dismissals.
And, as usual, he doesn't know what he is talking about...first off he is assuming that no one here has ever faced a life-threatening situation. Egor has elevated himself to the point where he believes he knows all...he is his own God. And surely not one I want to follow or emulate.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-04-2013, 07:44 PM
(23-04-2013 07:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ...first off he is assuming that no one here has ever faced a life-threatening situation. E

Which probably means Egor has never faced a life threatening situation. He only explains things from his perspective and experiences.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
23-04-2013, 08:29 PM
I was going to link some witty picture of an attention whore but then I thought better of it. Humor isn't an appropriate response to mental illness. The Egor Delusion keeps getting less and less rational. Please get some help before you hurt yourself or your wife.
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post