The Defenders

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 02:19 PM
The Defenders
I've watched the first four episodes and it's been a little lack luster. I realize it's difficult from a writing standpoint to bring four characters together who all have vastly different backgrounds.

It's good and I really like it, but I was really hoping to have the team put together in episodes 1-2.

I say lack luster because I wanted so much more.
My expectations were really high given how good their individual series were.

I'm disappointed that they haven't made Iron Fist a better martial artist. He's had nothing but 10-15 years of martial arts training and is suppose to the best fighter from K'un-lun.

In comparison Daredevil appears to be the better fighter.

I don't like the fact that Luke Cage appears to hit normal humans HARD. He would kill everyone he hit instantly.

In contrast, Jessica Jones doesn't seem to want to use any of her super powered abilities unless she has to.

I find Daredevil's conflicted behavior to be a bit annoying. Daredevil should exude confidence.

All and all, I'm looking forward to the next four episodes.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2017, 06:18 AM
RE: The Defenders
Next 4 episodes

Much better, but I realized that it's the over all story arc that is the problem.

It also felt like they fired some of the writing staff and replaced them with studio executives who had very little writing experience.

Chaotic and odd plot twists.

At one point when the police wanted to know what was going on, I was all in favor of having them say

"Here is where the bad guys are. Send in some cops to investigate. Those cops will get killed. Send in a swat team. Those cops will get killed. Send in everyone in this Dept. And then when 150 families are attending funerals, we'll go in and shut them down."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply