The Dentist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 03:33 PM
The Dentist...
So...just got back from the dentist. Oral surgeon to be correct. I went in to get a broken tooth extracted, and this cocky ass dude's like "Well, while you're here we can take out your other wisdom teeth too, if you think you can take it."

Why the fuck not? Consider

Truth be told, once I was good and numb it only took him about ten minutes to yank all four. Just local anisthetic.

It wasn't quite as bad as I expected, but I definitely don't recommend doing this. I'm fine so far, we'll see how bad it is once the numbness wears off. Sadcryface

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: The Dentist...
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-08-2015, 03:47 PM
I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 18. They were impacted--not fun! I don't know if you have Jamba Juice where you are--but I basically lived off fruit smoothies.
06-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
06-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Glad it went well, you're probably better off getting them all done now.
I honestly thought this thread was going to be about a lion. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
06-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Shoulda kicked his ass! This is 'Merica, damn it!

All joking aside, be careful with the painkillers. Mine were pretty impacted, so afterwards, I was in a lot of pain, and they gave me percocets. Needless to say, I went full retard for a couple days.

Never go full retard.
[+] 1 user Likes EppurSiMuove's post
06-08-2015, 04:00 PM
(06-08-2015 03:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  Glad it went well, you're probably better off getting them all done now.
I honestly thought this thread was going to be about a lion. Big Grin

Thanks. He only had to drill on one of them, it actually came in completely sideways. That drilling (not even remotely close to the drill thingy they use for a cavity) was the worst part. That dude was taking no prisoners....just teeth. Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-08-2015, 04:02 PM
(06-08-2015 03:58 PM)EppurSiMuove Wrote:  Shoulda kicked his ass! This is 'Merica, damn it!

All joking aside, be careful with the painkillers. Mine were pretty impacted, so afterwards, I was in a lot of pain, and they gave me percocets. Needless to say, I went full retard for a couple days.

Never go full retard.

Got some hydrocodone, nothing too fancy. I do like me some percocets, but alas, I acted too tough in the chair I guess. Drinking Beverage

~ Umberto Eco
06-08-2015, 05:12 PM
(06-08-2015 04:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 03:58 PM)EppurSiMuove Wrote:  Shoulda kicked his ass! This is 'Merica, damn it!

Never go full retard.

Got some hydrocodone, nothing too fancy. I do like me some percocets, but alas, I acted too tough in the chair I guess. Drinking Beverage

If you haven't taken any hydrocodone yet, take it NOW before the anesthetic wears off!

Hug

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
06-08-2015, 05:14 PM
(06-08-2015 05:12 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 04:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Got some hydrocodone, nothing too fancy. I do like me some percocets, but alas, I acted too tough in the chair I guess. Drinking Beverage

If you haven't taken any hydrocodone yet, take it NOW before the anesthetic wears off!

Hug

Yes, what nurse said!

It's better to stay ahead of the pain. Once you start hurting it takes a lot more to get it back under control.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF