The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-07-2012, 01:02 AM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
Its just even if I stay I have nothing. I don't do much. I am not much. I am pathetic just sitting within my room all day. Just waiting as days go bye. Watching things get more miserable. Its hard to be in this dead zone. I feel help all aound me I just cannot accept it. Its like my body ins't able to move. I'm just laying there.

I also want to share an image.

[Image: 4779450_460s.jpg]

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
18-07-2012, 04:41 AM
Why not try it simple? Just get out, go to the first bar and start the drinking games. Sooner or later someone is gonna start the talk and a new opportunity for something new just blinks.

I think that is way more simple to do, than use a gun. There is always time for a gun, when you are old and tired, but if you can drink, then drink. Better to be drunk than dead, also.

Maybe a change of scenery? Croatia is great at this time of year... We even have a huge psy-trance festival soon.

Want some more stupid advices from a pot-head? No problem, I can do this shit all day long...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
18-07-2012, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2012 05:51 AM by bemore.)
I think what you need to do first Shuriba is have a break from the dark figure for ten minutes...... now I know you lack belief and optimism right now but hear me out.

I want you to lie down and get as comfy as you can (obv after reading this) and I want you to breathe in slowly to the count of 5, hold your breathe for a few seconds and then slowly breath out to the count of 5. I want you to do this for 10 minutes minimum preferably or as long as you feel you need to.

In your mind I just want you to think of the counting numbers when you breath in and out..... sure your gonna have the dark figure saying "what the fuck am I doing"...."This is bullshit and aint gonna work"...."I look like a Twat".... and this is all good, dont try to fight these thoughts but instead let them come and go. As you continue breathing in and out when you think of the counting numbers make it a little louder in your head.... just louder than any negative thoughts.

Hardly any of us dont breathe properly and fully.... as you continue breathing you will regulate a nice pattern and this will help let your body and muscles relax. It is basicly the most simplest form of meditation..... and as long as you can just concentrate on your breathing and the number count then you will have a break from the negative thoughts and an opportunity to give your body a break from the stress.

Next thing dude is instead of sitting and letting things get worse you do need to get out......... If you can think of no logical reason to go out then it will be a break from the 4 walls that are currently your prison. If your struggling with the idea or not sure of where to go just walk around the block. Even if its a 2 minute walk and its the only time you go out at least in doing it you empower yourself that little tiny bit and you break the daily grind.

This hasnt happened overnight shuriba.... for whatever personal reasons/experiences you have taught yourself to think negatively over situations.... most of the time we dont realise we are doing it and im sure if we could hear other peoples thoughts and insecurites about themselves we would tell them to stop being silly.

Theres been a chain of events that has led you to writing on this thread now........ maybe privately you need to cast your mind back on events that you think are bad and you need to try and let them go........ the good thing about the past is it can never come back unless we allow it to. (easier thing said than done I know)

I dont think you want to die shuriba...... it might feel like a good solution and the only option but it aint mate..... maybe one of my suggestions will help, maybe you will find your own way, but it does need to come from you dude....... none of us can make you do it and im sure if you look deep down far enough within yourself you will find some good and some positive and some strength and I hope you can do something bro.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
18-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Shiruba...I am way too familiar with the image you posted...you just have to get it to play in reverse now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
18-07-2012, 08:17 AM
very very well said bemore. I wanted to suggest a meditation excercise just like the one you explained up there. And I can tell that it works wonders. In the beginning these small easy things give you a break, and once you are more advanced with the meditative mind setting you can actually use it as a tool to work on your problems!

So Shiruba, maybe really try it Smile It is one of the easiest things you can do for yourself

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
18-07-2012, 08:54 AM
(18-07-2012 01:02 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Its just even if I stay I have nothing. I don't do much. I am not much. I am pathetic just sitting within my room all day. Just waiting as days go bye. Watching things get more miserable. Its hard to be in this dead zone. I feel help all aound me I just cannot accept it. Its like my body ins't able to move. I'm just laying there.

I also want to share an image.

[Image: 4779450_460s.jpg]
Get medical help. Depression is treatable.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Get off your sorry ass and see a doctor. You have only one life - it doesn't have to be a miserable one.

N.B. I have sat on my bed with a loaded shotgun at my throat - but not in a long while. Get help.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
18-07-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm planning on going to the doctor. I'm just too embarrassed to say I want to commit suicide. Every time I've gone there they prescribe some medicine and it doesn't work and I'm just alone. I love hearing Erxo receiving great help I just don't receive much the same with these "professionals"

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

18-07-2012, 07:58 PM
If your doctor asks if you're suicidal, will you be honest about it?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
18-07-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't know and even if I will they haven't helped before.

18-07-2012, 08:41 PM
(18-07-2012 07:10 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I'm planning on going to the doctor. I'm just too embarrassed to say I want to commit suicide. Every time I've gone there they prescribe some medicine and it doesn't work and I'm just alone. I love hearing Erxo receiving great help I just don't receive much the same with these "professionals"
Dude, the first time I tried anything, I went to a one of those Depression Studies where they test medications on you. I was turned down because I had high blood pressure, but the lady doing the trials told me I was so extreme with the survey questions I answered that I better get in to see a doctor. I felt so depressed at being turned down, I almost didn't make it to a doctor, but the lady doing the testing made a convincing argument. So I fretted because I REALLY didn't want to ask for head meds. But I finally made the appointment and told my doc I was depressed and he hardly even talked about it, he just said, here, take some Celexa and in about 9 months to a year, your neurotransmitters should be back in balance. About 11 months later, I thought I was feeling pretty good so I stopped...because there is a nasty side effect of losing libido. I went about 6 months thinking I was doing pretty all right, then I spiraled big time down into the darkness. So I went back to the doctor to go back on meds. In the meantime, the dude I had seen before had moved away and so I saw his replacement. She was amazing. She spent at least a solid 45 minutes or more (as opposed to the usual 5 minute office visit) and asked tons of questions, made a ton of suggestions and then handed me a phone number for a therapist and told me to also keep seeing her (the doc) every couple of weeks. I ended up calling her referral and they were booked up several weeks out before any new appointments. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to live 3 more weeks. I called their referral and they weren't taking any new patients. I almost carried out my plan then and there...get super drunk and fall off a Washington State Ferry into Puget Sound with an average temp of 53 degrees...just enough to make sure hypothermia would kill me if being drunk didn't cause me to drown. A co-worker kicked my ass, much like the good folks on here are kicking your ass, and she told me to keep calling therapists until one would take me or she was just going to write me off as dead. So I called and found my therapist. The moment she said she would see me 2 days later, it was like the weight of the world came off my shoulders. I wasn't cured and still am not, but that was the start of healing for me. Meanwhile, I had to keep seeing my doctor and trying different drugs. Anti-depressants are a touch thing...sometimes they make you worse or sometimes you need things in combination, which is where I ended up. The other big thing that happened was my doctor got me into a Sleep Study Program because I had wicked bad insomnia (Oh, and she refused to prescribe me sleeping pills everytime I asked because she thought I might swallow the bottle, and she was right). I did the sleep study, learned I have sleep apnea and got put on a mild sleeping pill and a CPAP machine--forced air to keep me sleeping deeply instead of waking up slightly 80 times a night (literally). Finally being able to sleep deeply may have been a bigger cure than any meds I took or take.

So yes, I do have a good doctor and I like my therapist, but these things weren't easy. I had to make it happen.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel