RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
Great Shiruba, take care of yourself and keep us posted Smile

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
25-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Hang in there Shiruba, as you can see from this thread you aren't alone.

Post when you need to reach out...we are here.

Erx got a dog and he seems to be enjoying her immensely. I have dogs and parrots, Dom has dogs. Girly has been overrun by Beagles! It's nice to have something around that is always happy to see you...quite a lift. Even having something living beside you helps. Of course, make sure you have the resources and a place where you can keep a dog...but it's a great idea if you can work it out. A yard means a romp with a tennis ball, no yard means having to get out for walks. Save a shelter dog...it's a win/win.

Oh, and don't fear it happening again...if it does you will probably see it sooner and can take action before it gets too dark.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-08-2012, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 11:13 PM by ShirubaDangan.)

I remembered this speech a long time ago. Even now it still cheers me up. It gives me hope even in darkness and even though I still feel horrible I can never remain while I listen to this. I want to get better but don't know the steps. I want to go to the doctor though. I need too and thank you all.

Also, even though you see meat being processed in this video it does not involve the consumption of babies in any way. Thank you and sorry for any misleading information.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 4 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
03-08-2012, 11:14 PM
(03-08-2012 11:07 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  

I remembered this speech a long time ago. Even now it still cheers me up. It gives me hope even in darkness and even though I still feel horrible I can never remain while I listen to this. I want to get better but don't know the steps. I want to go to the doctor though. I need too and thank you all.

Also, even though you see meat being processed in this video it does not involve the consumption of babies in any way. Thank you and sorry for any misleading information.

I cry every time I see this video, it's a core-shaker.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
04-08-2012, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 07:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-08-2012 11:07 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I remembered this speech a long time ago.

I remember Tazmin posting this a year or so ago. I prefer my Chaplin undiluted straight from the barrel. Think this was his only speaking role.

(03-08-2012 11:07 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  It gives me hope even in darkness and even though I still feel horrible I can never remain while I listen to this.

Only hope I've found is in the full appreciation and embrace of the darkness. Just don't seem like there's room for it anywhere else.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Shiruba, I've also had the dark feelings, ranging from not caring whether I lived or died, to just wanting the pain to stop. I would never kill myself while my kids were still growing up, but I've often thought that if I didn't have them to worry about, and I was all alone, that I might just decide instead to sell everything and just go somewhere for a completely new life, dedicated to some cause. There are so many charities all over the world that need people to help. Have you thought about just ditching your present life and devoting the rest of your new life to something you think is important?
05-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Here's a song that helps me when I'm depressed. You might think it's corny but I love it. The first main voice you'll hear speaking is Mother Maybelle Carter, basically the "mother" of bluegrass music. If you saw the movie "Walk the Line" it was Maybelle and her family that visit Johnny Cash's home with guns to keep the drug dealers away. Doc Watson, a blind guitar player and singer asks Maybelle a question and then the song kicks off. Hope this helps someone else.

[+] 3 users Like Jeff's post
06-08-2012, 08:12 PM
hey shiruba don't do it. as much as its already been said by others i have also been there. I jumped off a church that was next to my house. I can't figure out how I'm alive still, but the point of all this is that there are always reasons to go on living. I found them as I was falling. you might find them as you bleed out on the ground. Besides as i have learned there are many things that are yet to come. At any stage of life there is something new to try.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
06-08-2012, 09:37 PM
(05-08-2012 06:02 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Here's a song that helps me when I'm depressed.

Cool. Thanks. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-08-2012, 05:33 AM
This all reminds me on the Light side and Dark side of the Force. If you know how to deal with the Dark side, you can use it to fuel you. It can give you power, if you can only direct it in the right direction.

Come to the dark side, we got candies...

But the Dark side is easy, corruptible, quick, powerful... Only when you discover the Light side you realise that it takes much more time to practice it, it is much harder to control, but once you manage to stay in the Light, you are a fucking Yoda. Even the great immortal Palpatine is not much of a match when put against "little" Yoda. You would have to read what happens to Luke Skywalker 10-15 years after the last movie, when he becomes a Jedi Master. He even accepts the Dark side to study it, becomes the student of Palpatine (yes, he survives Vader's betrayal, in a new clone body) and is able to break away from the Dark side when the time was right. Only the strongest of Jedi Masters could do this. Only the Skywalker(s) could do this.

Now, go get yourself a lightsaber and start your training, your master awaits you.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson