The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-02-2013, 10:29 PM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
Dental pain is one of the worst to deal with and you are right, pain meds don't deaden it completely. I sure hope you get things in order to get it taken care of quickly.

Pain can make you tired...you don't rest well, even if you sleep. That can turn into sadness and/or anxiety. Just knowing I have to see a dentist spikes my BP even when I know he will make the pain go away.

Hope this is all behind you soon!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Thanks Anj! Maybe I should peg myself as an eight if it gets worse. I hear they give the good stuff when you rate it at that level. Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
04-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Depression may be inevitable.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
(04-03-2013 05:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  Depression may be inevitable.
I can't help but wonder if whomever wrote the title is depressed themselves. Consider

04-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Cheap...how are the teeth?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-03-2013, 06:08 PM
(04-03-2013 05:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Cheap...how are the teeth?
Gonna get a root canal on Thursday. First one ever. I'm currently on T3's and antibiotics. It's easier to bear now, though I'm holding back on the T3's 'cause they pack a huge whallop.

04-03-2013, 09:30 PM
If they offer gas...take it. Root canals aren't pleasant but the relief afterward will be worth it. Glad you are getting it fixed!

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-03-2013, 09:27 AM
The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(04-03-2013 06:08 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 05:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Cheap...how are the teeth?
Gonna get a root canal on Thursday. First one ever. I'm currently on T3's and antibiotics. It's easier to bear now, though I'm holding back on the T3's 'cause they pack a huge whallop.

You will feel a TON better afterwards. I went through depression because of my teeth for about 3 years because of the pain and deterioration. I was in constant pain and eating was nearly impossible, and I couldn't bear to smile because of how bad they looked because of decay. I ended up just getting dentures in august because I couldn't afford to get them all fixed, and what I had gotten fixed didn't last and the decay continued despite taking amazing care of them. Since August my depression has completely left and my anxiety is much lower.

People really underestimate how much dental health can affect your overall physical and mental health. Glad you're getting it taken care of!
09-03-2013, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 11:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-03-2013 06:08 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Gonna get a root canal on Thursday. First one ever.

I had one crazy ass great dentist when I was in Navy bootcamp some 30+ years ago now. He was a rather high-ranking Captain (O-6). When he realized he couldn't save the tooth with a root canal from below, he said Ima gonna go in from the top, the root, instead of the cavity. That's some crazy shit right there. He was crazy good. Then I left bootcamp and got to experience Dentist trainees. I liked the Captain better.

(04-03-2013 06:08 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I'm currently on T3's and antibiotics. It's easier to bear now, though I'm holding back on the T3's 'cause they pack a huge whallop.

Pfft ... I don't even notice like 8 T3's. Tongue

Root canal ain't no big deal, but like Anjele says, get the nitrous oxide gas, it takes the edge off the worst part, which is the novocaine shot. The Captain couldn't administer nitrous back in the day, but he had this technique where he flapped the shit outta my lips and cheeks while he was administering the shot which was surprisingly effective.

You'll be all right.

At my age now, I tell 'em to just fuckin' pull it. Ain't gonna pay thousands of dollars outta pocket for a crown or other extreme measures to save a goddam tooth when my insurance covers the $150 bucks to extract it. Hell, I got other teeth to take up the slack. Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
15-03-2013, 10:26 PM
I've been on and off the site lately - so the tooth thing really sucked at first. Then I was taking 4 T3's a day and now I'm down to just the steroids that help with reducing inflammation. They're wreaking havoc on my emotions. Today is the last day of taking them and I have totally been out for the count.

The scariest part is the loss of control. It's like depression, anxiety, a bucket full of anger and a few tosses of impulsiveness hitting me in the back and hanging out like a Hagrid at night almost causing insomnia.

Can't wait for this hell to be over! Thumbsup