The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-10-2015, 04:12 AM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(06-10-2015 07:35 PM)HumanistBabe Wrote:  How do you rationalize all the bad in the world?

Free will.

Which, by the way, is not even a biblical idea.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-10-2015, 08:20 AM
(06-10-2015 07:35 PM)HumanistBabe Wrote:  I have always felt somewhat depressed over the understanding that there are so many suffering living beings in the world, and that I'm completely unable to help them all. This was compounded when I left religion several years ago by the concrete knowledge that there is no god, and that even if there were it had chosen not to doing anything about it.

How do you rationalize all the bad in the world?

I live my life and if I bump into something I can do something about I try to do the aforementioned something about the something. Then I go eat the flesh of corpses, cut into delicious slices and sold in supermarkets.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-10-2015, 05:44 PM
I have somewhat severe social anxiety, and I'm not sure how I'm going to fix it yet. I don't completely avoid people, but conversations with people I don't know are usually very difficult. I'm not even sure how I'm going to get a job.
07-10-2015, 09:18 PM
(07-10-2015 05:44 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I have somewhat severe social anxiety, and I'm not sure how I'm going to fix it yet. I don't completely avoid people, but conversations with people I don't know are usually very difficult. I'm not even sure how I'm going to get a job.

I know the struggle man, 21 and still living with my mother because adulting is difficult when being around strangers or doing something completely new makes you sick to your stomach.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
07-10-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm sorry you guys have to deal with that. Have you tried talking to someone about it?
07-10-2015, 11:15 PM
(07-10-2015 09:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm sorry you guys have to deal with that. Have you tried talking to someone about it?

Haven't gone to a therapist for anything yet, personally.
07-10-2015, 11:27 PM
(07-10-2015 11:15 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 09:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm sorry you guys have to deal with that. Have you tried talking to someone about it?

Haven't gone to a therapist for anything yet, personally.

It might help to talk to somebody who specializes in anxiety disorders.
07-10-2015, 11:33 PM

You do realize severe anxiety makes it hard to open up and talk to strangers right? Which is what makes it so difficult to deal with.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-10-2015, 11:36 PM
(07-10-2015 11:33 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

You do realize severe anxiety makes it hard to open up and talk to strangers right? Which is what makes it so difficult to deal with.

I understand that, and I'm sure it's not an easy thing to do, but it could be an opportunity for a better life if you get help.
07-10-2015, 11:39 PM
(07-10-2015 11:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 11:33 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You do realize severe anxiety makes it hard to open up and talk to strangers right? Which is what makes it so difficult to deal with.

I understand that, and I'm sure it's not an easy thing to do, but it could be an opportunity for a better life if you get help.

Could be but does not work for everyone.