The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-10-2015, 04:23 PM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
6. Hypogonadal Depression - 50%

Feel weepy all the time? Can't get a woodie? Worse yet you can get a woodie but can't keep it? Do you cry when watching Brokeback Mountain? Depressed because you're a pussy and you know it? You might have low T.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-10-2015, 06:05 PM
The Depression/Anxiety Thread
No wood problems. (Just no one to share them with. Smile ) However the rest still seem a bit vague. It's as though I have a couple from this one, a couple from that.one, etc.

Good info, though.
19-10-2015, 06:33 PM
(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(19-10-2015 03:07 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  How would you find out which type you are? I'm not sure my last blood test accounted for all those.
1. have a "whole blood histamine blood test"
2. have a urine test for pyroluria. The urine has to be snap frozen and kept in the dark...make sure the pathology company knows how to do it
3. check blood copper, zinc, homocysteine....but be careful with interpretation

Here's the thing, Doc. In the US insurance won't pay for tests without a diagnostic code. Histamine panels are generally only approved for allergy sufferers. Hard metals are limited to reason to suspect lead poisoning.

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Also...(from me, not Walsh)
....check vit D (and don't accept the pathology company's lower limit of normal...double it )

Vitamin D is a standard test which has a J-shaped mortality curve. 2X the low-level is good. 8X the low-level not so good.

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ....check B12 and the same comment as above applies

Haven't done that yet.

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ....check thyroid function

TSH comes in at 1.55 on a scale of 0.4 to 4.5. Dunno what that means.

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ....take 1 drop of iodine a day (approx 250 mcg)

I eat seaweed instead of iodine.

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ....take lots of omega 3's

I eat a boatload. Like 15g of fish oil a day by capsule. Is too much fish oil bad?

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ....take magnesium (preferably in powder form)

Eliminates my muscle cramps and whatnot. Need to balance it with potssium.

#sigh
20-10-2015, 11:12 AM
(19-10-2015 04:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-10-2015 03:07 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  How would you find out which type you are? I'm not sure my last blood test accounted for all those.

My advice is this: See a professional health carer such as a fully qualified Doctor.

Had I asked my medical advice on the web I'd be dead already.
I don't think I could do this anyway.

1. I don't have insurance so having these tests is out of the question.
2. I'd have to see what his PhD is in.
3. I've seen too many "cures" and vitamin-type treatments to automatically believe them.
20-10-2015, 07:55 PM
(19-10-2015 06:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  1. have a "whole blood histamine blood test"
2. have a urine test for pyroluria. The urine has to be snap frozen and kept in the dark...make sure the pathology company knows how to do it
3. check blood copper, zinc, homocysteine....but be careful with interpretation

Here's the thing, Doc. In the US insurance won't pay for tests without a diagnostic code. Histamine panels are generally only approved for allergy sufferers. Hard metals are limited to reason to suspect lead poisoning.

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Also...(from me, not Walsh)
....check vit D (and don't accept the pathology company's lower limit of normal...double it )

Vitamin D is a standard test which has a J-shaped mortality curve. 2X the low-level is good. 8X the low-level not so good.

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ....check B12 and the same comment as above applies

Haven't done that yet.

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ....check thyroid function

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ....take 1 drop of iodine a day (approx 250 mcg)

I eat seaweed instead of iodine.

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ....take lots of omega 3's

I eat a boatload. Like 15g of fish oil a day by capsule. Is too much fish oil bad?

(19-10-2015 03:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ....take magnesium (preferably in powder form)

Eliminates my muscle cramps and whatnot. Need to balance it with potssium.

"Here's the thing, Doc. In the US insurance won't pay for tests without a diagnostic code. Histamine panels are generally only approved for allergy sufferers."

That's a shame. Might be worth a one off payment for a whole blood histamine.

Agreed!

That's good Shy

Is too much fish oil bad?

Think of it like sex.Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
20-10-2015, 09:37 PM
I was extremely ill over the weekend which made me a bit off. Now someone very dear to me lost his child to a fault with the boy's lungs. Not even a year old.

Am I depressed? I am fucking shattered! Then when I think of my friend, well you can imagine. And I am out of it because I have a pump pushing liquid poison into my body every 5 minutes. "Bgshhhh click".

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-10-2015, 09:43 PM
(20-10-2015 09:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I was extremely ill over the weekend which made me a bit off. Now someone very dear to me lost his child to a fault with the boy's lungs. Not even a year old.

Am I depressed? I am fucking shattered! Then when I think of my friend, well you can imagine. And I am out of it because I have a pump pushing liquid poison into my body every 5 minutes. "Bgshhhh click".

Sorry you are sick mate
20-10-2015, 09:48 PM
(20-10-2015 09:43 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 09:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I was extremely ill over the weekend which made me a bit off. Now someone very dear to me lost his child to a fault with the boy's lungs. Not even a year old.

Sorry you are sick mate

Thanks mate.

Today I am more depressed really. I've been sick so long it kind of no longer matters.

I am sick to death with worry for my friend. I cannot get a hold of him.

Then earlier I was vomiting everywhere when the real estate agent turned up for a flat inspection.

And now mutual friends will arrive to discuss the tragedy. WTF I am gonna do I just don't know???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-10-2015, 06:30 AM
(20-10-2015 09:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Today I am more depressed really. I've been sick so long it kind of no longer matters.

Then earlier I was vomiting everywhere when the real estate agent turned up for a flat inspection.

And now mutual friends will arrive to discuss the tragedy. WTF I am gonna do I just don't know???

Vibes. Hope you are better today.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
24-10-2015, 12:10 AM
(21-10-2015 06:30 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 09:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Today I am more depressed really. I've been sick so long it kind of no longer matters.

Vibes. Hope you are better today.
ditto