The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-04-2016, 03:40 PM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(22-04-2016 03:38 PM)Loom Wrote:  Curious, has anyone tried St. John's Wort to help treat anxiety? I've read up on it, hesitant to try it.

I'd preffer it over Zoloft or Prozac if it actually works just as well.

It's never really helped me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-04-2016, 04:02 PM
I am rather depressed at the moment due to the fact my entire family is leaving the city where I live. I mentioned this on my health thread. It will be hard going through this process of cancer alone. I am trapped in the city due to the hospital being the only one authorised to use a drug I am on.

I was asked to play with a really good jazz band the other day. I was asked if I could go to France and tour Europe. I cannot due to the drug.

I am having to sell off various things to pay for medical expenses. I am finding it tough and depressing. For example I am about to sell a beloved instrument simply because I no longer have the strength to play it.

I have begun to feel I am on a losing battle. Try as I might, things just get worse. No family support at all? It is not their fault. Sydney is expensive. I understand. It is simply hard on me. And I am getting tired.

Fuck!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
22-04-2016, 05:58 PM
(22-04-2016 04:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am rather depressed at the moment due to the fact my entire family is leaving the city where I live. I mentioned this on my health thread. It will be hard going through this process of cancer alone. I am trapped in the city due to the hospital being the only one authorised to use a drug I am on.

I was asked to play with a really good jazz band the other day. I was asked if I could go to France and tour Europe. I cannot due to the drug.

I am having to sell off various things to pay for medical expenses. I am finding it tough and depressing. For example I am about to sell a beloved instrument simply because I no longer have the strength to play it.

I have begun to feel I am on a losing battle. Try as I might, things just get worse. No family support at all? It is not their fault. Sydney is expensive. I understand. It is simply hard on me. And I am getting tired.

Fuck!
Hang in there mate. Having survived cancer myself some 25 years ago, I can empathise with your stress and disappointments at selling off your favourite gear. Please know that my thoughts are with you.
[Image: 67acddd9ee689468b2caf6a81d40a15f.jpg]

Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
22-04-2016, 06:11 PM
(22-04-2016 04:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am rather depressed at the moment due to the fact my entire family is leaving the city where I live. I mentioned this on my health thread. It will be hard going through this process of cancer alone. I am trapped in the city due to the hospital being the only one authorised to use a drug I am on.

Fuck!

Hug Hug Hug

I didn't think one was enough. Sorry they're going away. I hope it's not too far. Will you be able to visit or them you? My family (daughter, son and 4 grandkids) are everything to me. It's the only reason I stay in suckass Oklahoma.

Keep up the fight though. Come here often, we care, even if we can't hug you in person. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
22-04-2016, 07:13 PM

Fuck!

Hang in there. It's fucking hard I'm sure, but you gotta keep trying. It's shit that your family have to leave but you still have their support. Sell what instruments you have to, they can always be replaced. When your better you'll get another chance to tour Europe I'm sure. When you do,let me know and I'll pop along to one of your gigs.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
22-04-2016, 07:23 PM

Fuck!

Having to sell something does not mean you are in a losing battle. It means you will get to buy a better version later.

You hang in there!!!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
22-04-2016, 07:54 PM

Fuck!

Hang in there Banjo. When I was diagnosed we had been in TX just over two years. My older daughter was already here and my son was with us. The couple years we had been here were filled with trying to find work and dealing with my dad's sudden, severe health issues...1000 miles away. There was no time to meet people or develop any sort of support system.

My daughter (who was here in TX) simply could not, or would not, deal with my cancer. She bailed on me completely. My husband and son had to work. I spent most of my recovery alone - even driving myself to appointments when I shouldn't have.

[Image: You-never-know-how-strong-you-are-until-...5xtukn.jpg]

It's not the best way to get though hard times...but it can be done. And I know you can do it. And never forget that we are here for moral support.

Sending lots of love. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
23-04-2016, 03:52 AM
(22-04-2016 05:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

Fuck!
Hang in there mate. Having survived cancer myself some 25 years ago, I can empathise with your stress and disappointments at selling off your favourite gear. Please know that my thoughts are with you.

Smile

(22-04-2016 06:11 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  

Fuck!

Hug Hug Hug

I didn't think one was enough. Sorry they're going away. I hope it's not too far. Will you be able to visit or them you? My family (daughter, son and 4 grandkids) are everything to me. It's the only reason I stay in suckass Oklahoma.

Keep up the fight though. Come here often, we care, even if we can't hug you in person. Smile

(22-04-2016 07:13 PM)Marozz Wrote:  

Fuck!

Hang in there. It's fucking hard I'm sure, but you gotta keep trying. It's shit that your family have to leave but you still have their support. Sell what instruments you have to, they can always be replaced. When your better you'll get another chance to tour Europe I'm sure. When you do,let me know and I'll pop along to one of your gigs.

(22-04-2016 07:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Fuck!

Having to sell something does not mean you are in a losing battle. It means you will get to buy a better version later.

You hang in there!!!

(22-04-2016 07:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Fuck!

Hang in there Banjo. When I was diagnosed we had been in TX just over two years. My older daughter was already here and my son was with us. The couple years we had been here were filled with trying to find work and dealing with my dad's sudden, severe health issues...1000 miles away. There was no time to meet people or develop any sort of support system.

My daughter (who was here in TX) simply could not, or would not, deal with my cancer. She bailed on me completely. My husband and son had to work. I spent most of my recovery alone - even driving myself to appointments when I shouldn't have.

It's not the best way to get though hard times...but it can be done. And I know you can do it. And never forget that we are here for moral support.

Thank you everyone. I will get through it. This community has been a great support system thus far and I cannot stress how grateful I am.

Bowing

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
23-04-2016, 09:42 AM
(23-04-2016 03:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 05:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Hang in there mate. Having survived cancer myself some 25 years ago, I can empathise with your stress and disappointments at selling off your favourite gear. Please know that my thoughts are with you.

Smile

(22-04-2016 06:11 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Hug Hug Hug

(22-04-2016 07:13 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Hang in there. It's fucking hard I'm sure, but you gotta keep trying. It's shit that your family have to leave but you still have their support. Sell what instruments you have to, they can always be replaced. When your better you'll get another chance to tour Europe I'm sure. When you do,let me know and I'll pop along to one of your gigs.

(22-04-2016 07:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  Having to sell something does not mean you are in a losing battle. It means you will get to buy a better version later.

You hang in there!!!

(22-04-2016 07:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hang in there Banjo. When I was diagnosed we had been in TX just over two years. My older daughter was already here and my son was with us. The couple years we had been here were filled with trying to find work and dealing with my dad's sudden, severe health issues...1000 miles away. There was no time to meet people or develop any sort of support system.

Thank you everyone. I will get through it. This community has been a great support system thus far and I cannot stress how grateful I am.

Bowing

You're our friend. We care about you and want you to be happy and healthy. Hang in there buddy, you are one of the toughest guys I know.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
23-04-2016, 06:15 PM
(23-04-2016 09:42 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  You're our friend. We care about you and want you to be happy and healthy. Hang in there buddy, you are one of the toughest guys I know.

Thanks mate.

In one hour I leave to play drums with a 10 piece band. That's a reason to be happy. Big Grin

Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post