The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-05-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(02-05-2016 09:24 PM)Sam Wrote:  I keep getting these sort of depressive episodes, they seem to cycle every couple of weeks or so... I'll be absolutely fine, and then gradually over the course of a few days I feel increasingly negative and irritable, until I'm in a real pit, and can't face anyone or anything.

Its getting to be a real problem, in that it strains my friendships. Its even very nearly split my band apart, because I can come across as so negative, and belligerent when it comes on. I basically turn into a completely unlikeable arsehole. One of my friends actually talked to me about it, and said I should stay offline when I feel like that, because I just end up starting arguments... And the strange thing is, that its sort of intentional, like I'm actually spoiling for a fight, and then immediately regret it.

I'm sure its like a brain chemical thing, because I genuinely feel like I'm slightly drunk or hungover when it happens. I get tension headaches with it, and feel like my eyelids are heavy and can't quite keep them open.

You need to get the noggin checked out, Sam. Find a neurologist & state exactly what you wrote. The fact that you are experiencing physical issues will need specific neurological diagnosis.

Sounds like you've put up with it long enough - go get it checked. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm so tired. I don't have much energy or motivation at all. Sadcryface
04-05-2016, 08:27 PM
(04-05-2016 08:26 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm so tired. I don't have much energy or motivation at all. Sadcryface

*hugs* Are you stressed or anxious about something in particular?
04-05-2016, 08:35 PM
My younger brother might have depression. Sad really.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-05-2016, 08:35 PM
(04-05-2016 08:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 08:26 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm so tired. I don't have much energy or motivation at all. Sadcryface

*hugs* Are you stressed or anxious about something in particular?

I'm not sure. I have some school work, but it's not enough to pull me down this much. I've been feeling really down today.

I've been dealing with mental illness a lot in my life. I have an appointment next Thursday so I'm hoping we can get some more things figured out.
04-05-2016, 08:39 PM
(04-05-2016 08:35 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 08:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs* Are you stressed or anxious about something in particular?

I'm not sure. I have some school work, but it's not enough to pull me down this much. I've been feeling really down today.

I've been dealing with mental illness a lot in my life. I have an appointment next Thursday so I'm hoping we can get some more things figured out.

I'm glad u r getting things figured out. Plenty of people here to talk if you need to. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-05-2016, 08:48 PM
(04-05-2016 08:39 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 08:35 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm not sure. I have some school work, but it's not enough to pull me down this much. I've been feeling really down today.

I'm glad u r getting things figured out. Plenty of people here to talk if you need to. Hug

Thanks Hug
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
04-05-2016, 08:51 PM
The Depression/Anxiety Thread
Why are Democrats always depressed?
04-05-2016, 08:56 PM
(04-05-2016 08:51 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why are Democrats always depressed?

Democrats are not always depressed. I'm sure there are plenty who are not.
04-05-2016, 09:16 PM
(04-05-2016 08:51 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why are Democrats always depressed?

Perhaps Democrats are just more comfortable being open about their struggles with depression. Also, being depressed doesn't say anything negative about the content of your character.
And I agree with CosmicRaven, generalizations like this are unreliable to say the least.
[+] 4 users Like debna27's post