The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-05-2016, 05:16 AM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyway, I need to talk about something.

For some reason, I may feel like people are annoyed with me or angry with me when they are not. It's really annoying...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2016, 05:24 AM
The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(05-05-2016 11:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 06:55 PM)KUSA Wrote:  KUSA has seen Girlyman speak like this and looks up to him. KUSA emulates Girly.

If anyone mod or admin readeth this and it makes sense to you, please split the trolling out of the thread. Whatever KUSA is he's not depressed.

When you don't like KUSA it makes me a very sad KUSA.
06-05-2016, 05:28 AM
(06-05-2016 05:16 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For some reason, I may feel like people are annoyed with me or angry with me when they are not. It's really annoying...

What if they are? Where would you arrive at by taking that to its logical conclusion?
06-05-2016, 05:35 AM
(06-05-2016 05:28 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  

What if they are? Where would you arrive at by taking that to its logical conclusion?

I don't always know if they are or aren't. Here, I would probably know. Generally, I'm not seen in a negative way, but I keep thinking I am and I think that it's my anxiety.
06-05-2016, 06:00 AM

When I was young I was a constant "people pleaser" and the thought of someone not liking me pretty much drove me crazy. I worried that people were mad it me or disapproved of my words or actions way overly much. In my twenties after I moved away from home (toxic) I finally gained some confidence and my self-esteem began to grow, I found I didn't feel obliged to make sure everyone like/approved of me. Mostly because I began to like and approve of me.

It lifted that burden and I was a whole new wonderful feeling of being. Maybe part of this worry for you is a self-confidence issue. If so, read up on that, it's fixable. Also, some of that can simply comes as you mature. Don't be hard on yourself. Take people at their words, not what you think they might mean "really", until they prove otherwise.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
06-05-2016, 06:05 AM
(06-05-2016 06:00 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  

When I was young I was a constant "people pleaser" and the thought of someone not liking me pretty much drove me crazy. I worried that people were mad it me or disapproved of my words or actions way overly much. In my twenties after I moved away from home (toxic) I finally gained some confidence and my self-esteem began to grow, I found I didn't feel obliged to make sure everyone like/approved of me. Mostly because I began to like and approve of me.

It lifted that burden and I was a whole new wonderful feeling of being. Maybe part of this worry for you is a self-confidence issue. If so, read up on that, it's fixable. Also, some of that can simply comes as you mature. Don't be hard on yourself. Take people at their words, not what you think they might mean "really", until they prove otherwise.

Thanks. ^^
06-05-2016, 07:03 AM

I agree with Heatheness' post. You are never going to please everybody, that's just how life is. At the same time, if people say they are not annoyed/angry with you, leave it at that and believe them. Life's too short to take it beyond that point and spend time worrying about things like that. If you be yourself, are nice to people and operate from your heart most people will like you just naturally. In the short time you've been here, I can tell you are one of these nice, happy, sweet people. So I wouldn't worry about the rest of it Smile
06-05-2016, 07:15 AM
(06-05-2016 07:03 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

I agree with Heatheness' post. You are never going to please everybody, that's just how life is. At the same time, if people say they are not annoyed/angry with you, leave it at that and believe them. Life's too short to take it beyond that point and spend time worrying about things like that. If you be yourself, are nice to people and operate from your heart most people will like you just naturally. In the short time you've been here, I can tell you are one of these nice, happy, sweet people. So I wouldn't worry about the rest of it Smile

Thanks. ^.^
Reading these posts helped a lot I think.
[+] 2 users Like CosmicRaven's post
06-05-2016, 07:24 AM
(06-05-2016 07:15 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 07:03 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree with Heatheness' post. You are never going to please everybody, that's just how life is. At the same time, if people say they are not annoyed/angry with you, leave it at that and believe them. Life's too short to take it beyond that point and spend time worrying about things like that. If you be yourself, are nice to people and operate from your heart most people will like you just naturally. In the short time you've been here, I can tell you are one of these nice, happy, sweet people. So I wouldn't worry about the rest of it Smile

Thanks. ^.^
Reading these posts helped a lot I think.

And you already have 21 reps and you just got here. Big Grin That's a lot for the short time you've been here. Most people don't have that many by now.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-05-2016, 07:30 AM

I too find myself thinking the exact same thing and frequently have to stop myself. Its not easy but if I indulge those feelings it can eventually lead to paranoia which is no good for me or those around me. You're not alone, have a friendly hug on me Smile Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post