The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-05-2016, 04:13 PM
(08-05-2016 12:15 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The most frustrating part of it for me is that I'm a morning person. It's almost like depression has a way of giving me that extra kick in the nuts by stealing my favorite time of day from me. Wasted days. Beautiful spring days that should be filled with sunshine (serotonin), gardens and walks with my dogs.
Pristiq will give you tons of serotonin.

Quote:Wasted on my couch like death is waiting outside and I dare not cross the threshold.
Go outside and chop some wood. It actually works.

Quote:So which is it? Does my depression cause anxiety or vice versa? They're two distinct things (though I hate them equally) so why do they so often come hand in hand?
Anxiety and Depression are kissing cousins. They tend to accompany each other.

Quote:...here's a good chuckle for ya....all these answers are on Google to be certain, but researching anxiety on the net sends me into major anxiety attacks. Facepalm
Research carefree and calm instead.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(09-05-2016 03:28 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm so stressed right now.

Hug stay strong! You'll get through this.
09-05-2016, 04:37 PM
(09-05-2016 03:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  

I'm sorry to hear that is it anxiety related?

I think so. I'm really down tight now for some reason. Not as bad as I have been at other times.
09-05-2016, 04:47 PM
(09-05-2016 04:16 PM)debna27 Wrote:  

Hug stay strong! You'll get through this.

Thanks. Hug
09-05-2016, 06:43 PM
(09-05-2016 04:13 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 12:15 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The most frustrating part of it for me is that I'm a morning person. It's almost like depression has a way of giving me that extra kick in the nuts by stealing my favorite time of day from me. Wasted days. Beautiful spring days that should be filled with sunshine (serotonin), gardens and walks with my dogs.
Pristiq will give you tons of serotonin.

Quote:Wasted on my couch like death is waiting outside and I dare not cross the threshold.

Quote:So which is it? Does my depression cause anxiety or vice versa? They're two distinct things (though I hate them equally) so why do they so often come hand in hand?

Quote:...here's a good chuckle for ya....all these answers are on Google to be certain, but researching anxiety on the net sends me into major anxiety attacks. Facepalm

I don't mean to sound mean KUSA, but you don't understand how depression works. If you did, you'd realize that I already know how much going outside to chop wood would help. It's the depression that keeps you from doing things that help. If the simple answers were feasable, this thread wouldn't exist.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
09-05-2016, 08:19 PM
(09-05-2016 06:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 04:13 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Pristiq will give you tons of serotonin.

I don't mean to sound mean KUSA, but you don't understand how depression works. If you did, you'd realize that I already know how much going outside to chop wood would help. It's the depression that keeps you from doing things that help. If the simple answers were feasable, this thread wouldn't exist.

I only meant to help and gave sound advice. You are not the only one that has experienced depression. I probably know more about it than you give me credit for.

Now I don't want to sound mean but if you don't want advice but would rather wallow in your self pity, why do you come to this thread and post? Again, I am not trying to me mean but you need to think about it.

I will try to help you if you want but if not then I will let you figure it out and I'll go back to my compliment thread. You are welcome to visit me there and I will compliment you if you need it.
09-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Can't seem to get out of this one. Depression has hit me hard lately. Anxiety is at the level where I nearly panic when someone comes into my yard. I know there are ups and downs but this one doesn't feel the same.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
09-05-2016, 08:23 PM
(09-05-2016 08:19 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Can't seem to get out of this one. Depression has hit me hard lately. Anxiety is at the level where I nearly panic when someone comes into my yard. I know there are ups and downs but this one doesn't feel the same.

Do you know what generally triggers the panic attacks?

Is there anything in particular that is making you depressed?
09-05-2016, 08:29 PM

#sigh
09-05-2016, 08:32 PM
(09-05-2016 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

He looks like John Snow.