The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-05-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm getting depressed from all the hate directed at me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(09-05-2016 08:19 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Can't seem to get out of this one. Depression has hit me hard lately. Anxiety is at the level where I nearly panic when someone comes into my yard. I know there are ups and downs but this one doesn't feel the same.

Hug

Go see someone, Clock. Work it out, make a plan, be proactive, repeat what has worked before but try to see someone. If the old standards are not working maybe you need something new.

Not saying this would work for you but when I get anxious I try focus on something mind numbing like solitaire or other mindless games that are repetitive. It helps me by letting me be busy without having to acerbate my overworking thoughts. It calms me. Be well, my dear.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
09-05-2016, 11:17 PM
(09-05-2016 09:07 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I'm getting depressed from all the hate directed at me.

Again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge

Tell you what KUSA, if you want to show that you're attempting to be kind and compassionate, stop posting your advice. It's poor advice. Maybe you didn't know, but now you do.

Move on. My patience is short for people who troll threads of this nature.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
10-05-2016, 04:07 AM
(09-05-2016 11:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 09:07 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I'm getting depressed from all the hate directed at me.

Again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge

Tell you what KUSA, if you want to show that you're attempting to be kind and compassionate, stop posting your advice. It's poor advice. Maybe you didn't know, but now you do.

I won't give you any more advise.
10-05-2016, 04:53 AM
(10-05-2016 04:07 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 11:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge

I won't give you any more advise.

KUSA, Stark is right, mental health is uber delicate and complex, perhaps stick to your compliment thread which is turning out to be really quite cool btw (well I enjoy it anyway )
Its going to take time for you to gain folks trust,( I know because I've been there) above all try not to get discouraged even 11 months down the line there are a few folks who I suspect still mistrust / ignore me. If you're really serious and really want to genuinely make amends and make friends take it slow and easy. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
05-06-2016, 06:49 PM
[Image: broken.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Ugh. I'm getting anxious because of my dad. Sad
He's afraid because I left his deity. He said that something bad will happen to me. What do I do?

☆☆☆
05-06-2016, 07:04 PM
(05-06-2016 06:55 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Ugh. I'm getting anxious because of my dad. Sad
He's afraid because I left his deity. He said that something bad will happen to me. What do I do?

Nothing. Trust me, as someone who has a dad who said something bad will happen to me because I was an atheist, and it is yet to happen.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
05-06-2016, 07:36 PM
(05-06-2016 06:55 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Ugh. I'm getting anxious because of my dad. Sad

Go outside, put your hands towards the sky, and yell, "Do your worst, bitch!". You'll be fine, and that is just as dangerous as what your dad says about his deity.

ETA- Don't do this when Thor is up there, if you get my drift. Shocking
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
05-06-2016, 07:47 PM

Something bad *will* happen to you. Bad things happen to everyone. At some point, your dad will have been right all along. He's setting himself up for confirmation bias.
As for what to do... That's really hard. Any given twelve step group or cancer ward is going to be full of mostly believers who had bad stuff happen to them. Would showing him that belief is no protection be helpful? Or, maybe If you let him write you a letter that you will only read when some sufficiently bad thing happens he'll be able to relax for awhile.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post