The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-07-2012, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 11:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(11-07-2012 02:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  I started to see some of the "warning signs" and I havent done anything about it...... the only thing I have done is to smoke shit loads of weed....... which I know I am abusing and using as an escape and when Im smoking that much it does me more harm than good.

Girly gets that. But I don't think it's doing more harm than good. I can drink a litre of vodka in a night and still go to work the next day. That's not a good thing. If I have a little puff the magic dragon, half-pint/pint feels sufficient. That's gotta be easier on my liver than a litre.

(11-07-2012 02:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  So ive resolved myself to go back to work tommorow..... the thing is I know that there not gonna be bothered ive been off (my supervisors) and they are genuine people who do actually care and will be glad to see me back..... the thing is though I work for my local authority/council/state and I know that they are clamping down on people with sick time........ and although I have had no official warnings from my employees it is something that does worry me a hell of a lot and its worry that I dont need.

Sounds like a worry you don't need to worry about until someone makes it an issue.

(11-07-2012 02:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  It just feels like a fucking never ending cycle........

That's just what it is, brother.

(11-07-2012 02:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  I know within me is the strength and the power to deal with this shit....... im really fucking struggling to find it right now though Sad

I don't even try to understand it at this point, brother. I just fucking accept and deal with it. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 01:10 AM
I just want to say amen to what the GirlyApe said. Sometimes seeing my thoughts on the screen help bring me back from the brink of insanity and I can think about what reality is all about versus the fantasizing about the worst case scenario disaster happening to me because I feel a wee bit out of sorts emotionally.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
12-07-2012, 01:26 AM
(11-07-2012 11:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 02:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  I started to see some of the "warning signs" and I havent done anything about it...... the only thing I have done is to smoke shit loads of weed....... which I know I am abusing and using as an escape and when Im smoking that much it does me more harm than good.

Girly gets that. But I don't think it's doing more harm than good. I can drink a litre of vodka in a night and still go to work the next day. That's not a good thing. If I have a little puff the magic dragon, half-pint/pint feels sufficient. That's gotta be easier on my liver than a litre.

(11-07-2012 02:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  So ive resolved myself to go back to work tommorow..... the thing is I know that there not gonna be bothered ive been off (my supervisors) and they are genuine people who do actually care and will be glad to see me back..... the thing is though I work for my local authority/council/state and I know that they are clamping down on people with sick time........ and although I have had no official warnings from my employees it is something that does worry me a hell of a lot and its worry that I dont need.

Sounds like a worry you don't need to worry about until someone makes it an issue.

(11-07-2012 02:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  It just feels like a fucking never ending cycle........

That's just what it is, brother.

(11-07-2012 02:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  I know within me is the strength and the power to deal with this shit....... im really fucking struggling to find it right now though Sad

I don't even try to understand it at this point, brother. I just fucking accept and deal with it. Wink
Re vodka.
Had my regular liver function tests done last week and was hoping, after cutting way back on the wine, for a better GTT enzyme reading......ye gods, it was up double the last four years average. New doc had put me on an anti-depressant (Aurorix) not available U.S, and thinks that might be the culprit. Sent me for an ultra sound.

Hope your getting regular checks G.M. Huh
12-07-2012, 05:16 PM
(12-07-2012 01:26 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Hope your getting regular checks G.M. Huh

Every quarter, brother. Still lower middle range. But I'm starting to get bored with it.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
12-07-2012, 06:38 PM
(12-07-2012 05:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 01:26 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Hope your getting regular checks G.M. Huh

Every quarter, brother. Still lower middle range. But I'm starting to get bored with it.
GTT enzyme over 200, stats get dicey; I am no where near that. In Aust under 50 is recommended and after 6months on the reversible mono amine oxidizer my GTT was up to 132.
The only a/d that helped me caused a few dudes to keel over with acute liver failure and was taken off the market. Rolleyes
16-07-2012, 03:24 PM
bemore I get that anxiety about work. I used to have it myself but really, if you call in sick even more your anxiety will get worse because with each day you put more pressure on yourself.
If you just come back indeed, they will be ok with you having been sick. And you do already know it. So just push yourself to work and you will see how good it feels and the release that you did not lose your job over a week sick Smile

Start worrying about losing your job when they call you in for a chat or send you something official.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Back when I went nuts, after a death in the family, my therapist was totally inept, and I really had to figure out what I needed, and change docs, and suffer, until I could get in to a shrink, for hard core meds.

Now that it's a thing of the past, I'm thinking of making an appointment, and going in, and quietly, but firmly explaining how totally unhelpful he was.

What do ya think. Should I drop it, and forget it, or let him have it ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

16-07-2012, 07:01 PM
(16-07-2012 06:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Back when I went nuts, after a death in the family, my therapist was totally inept, and I really had to figure out what I needed, and change docs, and suffer, until I could get in to a shrink, for hard core meds.

Now that it's a thing of the past, I'm thinking of making an appointment, and going in, and quietly, but firmly explaining how totally unhelpful he was.

He's just going to analyze your motives for why you feel you are wanting to tell him off. Then you'll feel even more conflicted!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-07-2012, 07:09 PM
(16-07-2012 06:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Back when I went nuts, after a death in the family, my therapist was totally inept, and I really had to figure out what I needed, and change docs, and suffer, until I could get in to a shrink, for hard core meds.

A letter, maybe?

With a copy to the board of registration?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2012, 07:13 PM
(16-07-2012 07:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  

A letter, maybe?

With a copy to the board of registration?

Certainly cheaper than scheduling a session!