The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-09-2016, 03:26 PM
This Year's Suicide Prevention Training - You Listened
First the story of the guy who listens them off the ledge.

And here's the last guy he talked about who actually gave our presentation.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
The black dog is back again, this time its really bad its been coming on for about a week lots of anxiety and despair along with a lot of suicidal ideation. Life totally sucksSad
19-09-2016, 10:49 AM
(19-09-2016 10:18 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The black dog is back again, this time its really bad its been coming on for about a week lots of anxiety and despair along with a lot of suicidal ideation. Life totally sucksSad

Call your Doc. Right now.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-09-2016, 10:58 AM
W
(19-09-2016 10:49 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 10:18 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The black dog is back again, this time its really bad its been coming on for about a week lots of anxiety and despair along with a lot of suicidal ideation. Life totally sucksSad

Call your Doc. Right now.

Did that he wasn't much help and mental health services in the UK are awful I would need to cut off my own penis to get prompt help and then only maybe. Tbh I'm just sick of feeling like this so not worth it.
19-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Hey there matey... hang in there for the moment, and have a rethink about this tomorrow. Hopefully a new day will bring a new perspective on stuff that's pissing you off right now.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
26-11-2016, 07:20 AM
And here I was thinking my parents had a good grasp on how much my anxiety can control me.

Y'know, seeing firsthand how I could wind up in the floor in the fetal position, shaking uncontrollably, begging to go to the ER because I was 'dying'.

I called in to work today. Reason being I haven't slept a wink and feel a lil sick (prolly why I hardly slept). Not sick by much, but it's enough to cause my anxiety to rear its dumb little head, and the lack of sleep will only make things worse. I know my anxiety well enough now that working like this is just asking for a panic attack and a complementary breakdown in public, so I'd rather call in with the possibility of coming in later rather than going to work and ending up being sent home.

It's better for me, it's better for my coworkers.

Nope! Apparently if I'm not running a fever and outwardly look fine, I should 'toughen up' and go anyway. Doesn't surprise me that mental health is so misunderstood if people, especially those who live with people who suffer from, say, anxiety, think it's as simple as 'toughening up.' I would love to. I really would.

I know it's inconvenient for the people at work, but they assured me they had enough coverage (I can't begin to describe how awesome they are for supporting me through all this), and I know myself well enough that it's a very bad idea to go to work feeling like this. Maybe if I downed a bunch of Xanax I could be a somewhat functional zombie, but in no way is that ideal.

Oh well, not about to work myself up any more than I am. It's still rediculous.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
26-11-2016, 07:36 AM
I feel you. If your arm or lungs go bad the world gets you. If it's your brain there had better be a tumor up in there. Try getting some compassion when your neural circuitry is off, when your serotonin levels are bad, you're not producing enough oxytocin...

To those who say fight through it, see what it's like. You stay home for the flu? Try getting out of bed with this going on. It's crushing.
26-11-2016, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016 08:04 AM by Loom.)
(26-11-2016 07:36 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I feel you. If your arm or lungs go bad the world gets you. If it's your brain there had better be a tumor up in there. Try getting some compassion when your neural circuitry is off, when your serotonin levels are bad, you're not producing enough oxytocin...

To those who say fight through it, see what it's like. You stay home for the flu? Try getting out of bed with this going on. It's crushing.

Thanks. I try to ask people, in order to help them understand, to imagine that heart-freezing moment you miss a step on the stairs. Now imagine that you can experience that feeling suddenly and uncontrollably, and it doesn't go away. Throw in 6 cups of coffee and you're close to what a panic attack feels like.

Imagine that you can go from being a normal, rational person, suddenly to someone emotionally exposed, crying, hyperventilating, and begging for an ambulance, convinced you're dying.

It's amazing, and humiliating, what fear can make you do and say.

And then I'm told, "Oh, but you survived! Nothing bad happened! You're fine, so why worry?" Uh...fckwad, I just grew two gray hairs and experienced some of the most dreadful feelings anyone can feel. That IS a bad thing, especially if your therapist thinks you might have PTSD from anxiety alone!

[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
10-01-2017, 02:49 AM
I feel like I'm relapsing. Something is wrong. I'll try to oust about it more later but right now I cqn't.

10-01-2017, 04:50 AM
(10-01-2017 02:49 AM)Loom Wrote:  I feel like I'm relapsing. Something is wrong. I'll try to oust about it more later but right now I cqn't.

Crippling anxiety and PTSD is my problem too, I was prescribed pregabalin its a non benzodiazepine / hypnotic medication originally for epilepsy but licensed for anxiety too, it really works and is non addictive perhaps talk to your therapist about it. Smile Hug