The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-04-2017, 10:01 AM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
Yoga! Best thing ever to help getting over "the hump". Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
20-04-2017, 10:09 AM
(20-04-2017 09:51 AM)adey67 Wrote:  In the UK you only get a totally full licence if you pass the test using a car with a manual gear shift. I think I'm right in saying most motorists in the US don't know how to drive a car with manual gears.
You can do a specific test for Automatic cars, but then you can't drive a "stick-shift" until you do the proper test.

For those that drive automatic cars, manual cars are easy to drive once you get the hang of them Smile

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
20-04-2017, 10:26 AM
(20-04-2017 10:09 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 09:51 AM)adey67 Wrote:  In the UK you only get a totally full licence if you pass the test using a car with a manual gear shift. I think I'm right in saying most motorists in the US don't know how to drive a car with manual gears.
You can do a specific test for Automatic cars, but then you can't drive a "stick-shift" until you do the proper test.

For those that drive automatic cars, manual cars are easy to drive once you get the hang of them Smile

I cannot abide automatic cars, I keep pressing the brake peddle thinking it's the clutch. I think the opposite to you, I think its harder to drive a manual car if all you've been used to is an automatic.
20-04-2017, 01:58 PM
(20-04-2017 10:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 10:09 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  You can do a specific test for Automatic cars, but then you can't drive a "stick-shift" until you do the proper test.

I cannot abide automatic cars, I keep pressing the brake peddle thinking it's the clutch. I think the opposite to you, I think its harder to drive a manual car if all you've been used to is an automatic.

Whereas I think automatic transmission is the way that fucking shit should be. I mean for fuck's sake. All that I want when I drive a car is to direct where it should go and control the acceleration. Steering wheel, brakes, accelerator. That's all I need. What the fuck is this business of expecting me to manually choose the engine mode? That's breaking the abstraction. It's fucking basic. It's terrible. Back when they didn't know how, sure, but now that automatic gearing is a thing. Fuck stick-shifts man. Fuck 'em with a crowbar. That said, I do drive a stick.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-04-2017, 02:29 PM
More control with a manual shift Imo.
20-04-2017, 11:58 PM
(20-04-2017 02:29 PM)adey67 Wrote:  More control with a manual shift Imo.

Not true any more. Older models maybe. But newer ones can change gears faster than any human. All the human has to do is push the accelerator or brake.

The one thing that is definitely good about stick-shifts and older cars in general, is they're a lot simpler. If you want something that will run forever and not break down, and that you can fix if it *does*, then an old Landrover or something similar is your best bet.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-04-2017, 02:24 AM
(20-04-2017 01:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-04-2017 10:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I cannot abide automatic cars, I keep pressing the brake peddle thinking it's the clutch. I think the opposite to you, I think its harder to drive a manual car if all you've been used to is an automatic.

Whereas I think automatic transmission is the way that fucking shit should be. I mean for fuck's sake. All that I want when I drive a car is to direct where it should go and control the acceleration. Steering wheel, brakes, accelerator. That's all I need. What the fuck is this business of expecting me to manually choose the engine mode? That's breaking the abstraction. It's fucking basic. It's terrible. Back when they didn't know how, sure, but now that automatic gearing is a thing. Fuck stick-shifts man. Fuck 'em with a crowbar. That said, I do drive a stick.

In fairness, whilst I don't think manual driving is that hard, in today's day and age you think it'd be easier than it is. Like if you figure out how a manual car works, with the clutch/gear changes, it just seems really primitive/old fashioned lol.

As I live in the UK, I'll probably never drive an automatic, but you would think it's be easier.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
25-04-2017, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2017 02:19 PM by Revenant77x.)
It's very difficult to overcome OCD, I have this disorder, but I reached a point in whith it's not a serious problem to me anymore, as it used to be until a few years ago. If you want to overcome this disorder, you need to Link Removed, it's what will bring you mental pace. You are free to choose to believe or not to believe every single thought than arises into your mind, but that requires practice.

What's most difficult to overcome, are the compulsive acts, but the mental fight than appears in the mind than are an attempt to make the intrusive thoughts to disappear is clearly diminished when someone learns to not to believe the thoughts than arises in the mind.
06-07-2017, 08:08 PM
I am not at all educated enough to even comment on the struggles of depression, OCD, or anxiety. I can only say that, for me, that L-Theanine (which you can get in supplement stores) helped quiet my mind and helped reduce my stress. My personal problems with overthinking were helped. I used to wake up in the morning and imagine negative things, arguments, stresses and by the time I would get up 3 hours would have passed and I would be exhausted. Now I don't wake up that way. And little stresses don't get the best of me. I still struggle with an overactive mind but I find that I am able to handle it better. (Just giving my input, not trying to sell anything.) Seek professional help for serious issues and find a supportive group (like this one) during times of pain and stress.

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Ugh! Lately this shit has been a real bitch. I hate it when it hangs on like this.