The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(10-09-2017 06:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  Ugh! Lately this shit has been a real bitch. I hate it when it hangs on like this.

You ok?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2017, 07:24 PM
(10-09-2017 07:15 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 06:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  Ugh! Lately this shit has been a real bitch. I hate it when it hangs on like this.

You ok?

Sometimes this depression crap doesn't want to let go. They tell me I'm bi-polar and I take drugs for it, but when I get in a funk like this I stop caring about things. Really, getting out of bed is all I can muster some days.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
10-09-2017, 07:39 PM
(10-09-2017 07:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 07:15 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You ok?

Sometimes this depression crap doesn't want to let go. They tell me I'm bi-polar and I take drugs for it, but when I get in a funk like this I stop caring about things. Really, getting out of bed is all I can muster some days.

Depression/anxiety is my personal beast. From everything I've heard, the bipolar is really tough.

I'm hoping you've already talked to your doctors and considered changing meds and/or dosages. When I get flare ups sometimes it helps to take a extra pill. Sometimes it helps just reminding yourself that it's all brain chemistry. Sometimes you just have to ride it out. That really sucks but just remember that it will not last forever.

It will change. It will get better.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
10-09-2017, 07:45 PM
(10-09-2017 07:39 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 07:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  Sometimes this depression crap doesn't want to let go. They tell me I'm bi-polar and I take drugs for it, but when I get in a funk like this I stop caring about things. Really, getting out of bed is all I can muster some days.

Depression/anxiety is my personal beast. From everything I've heard, the bipolar is really tough.

I'm hoping you've already talked to your doctors and considered changing meds and/or dosages. When I get flare ups sometimes it helps to take a extra pill. Sometimes it helps just reminding yourself that it's all brain chemistry. Sometimes you just have to ride it out. That really sucks but just remember that it will not last forever.

Thanks, It really gets to me when I can't sleep (manic) and I just stew about everything.
11-09-2017, 10:23 AM
(10-09-2017 07:45 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 07:39 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Depression/anxiety is my personal beast. From everything I've heard, the bipolar is really tough.

Thanks, It really gets to me when I can't sleep (manic) and I just stew about everything.

Hug

I'm sorry you're going through this Sad

I'm sorry anyone has to go through this.

Depression and mental illness is so, so debilitating and misunderstood...hopefully one day we'll be able to tackle it like the common cold.

Have you tried hot (caffeine free) tea? Sometimes on my sleepless nights a hot glass of chamomile or lavender tea can help me at least relax.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
11-09-2017, 12:43 PM
There not enough funding for mental illness in America just like health care in general. Nobody should go broke or live in poverty over heath issues, mental or otherwise.

I know it runs in my family. "Just do it" and "buck it up" are bullshit solutions that the gung ho economic right always shout, "sink or swim".

Worst part is that my older sister votes republican but is on her own disability which her own party would gut.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2017, 01:26 PM
When I woke up this morning I called my doc and was able to get in to see him this morning. I told him what's been up and he wanted to put me in the hospital psych. ward and keep an eye on me for a while.
I was able to talk him into giving me a new prescription with a promise I'd call if I still felt like this.
I'm home now. Thanks for all the kind words.
11-09-2017, 01:28 PM
(10-09-2017 07:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  Really, getting out of bed is all I can muster some days.

Tell me about it. I'm in that phase right now. Nothing gets done because I just can't muster the strength to even pick up the phone.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
11-09-2017, 01:37 PM
(11-09-2017 01:28 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 07:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  Really, getting out of bed is all I can muster some days.

Tell me about it. I'm in that phase right now. Nothing gets done because I just can't muster the strength to even pick up the phone.

Try to. I let it go too long myself. I started to feel better almost immediately after calling someone.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post