The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-07-2012, 01:40 AM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
Trust me I spent my money ridiculously on my brother and some friends but I enjoy the offer! I don't think though but I would still enjoy the conversation and thoughts. I will be heading to sleep soon but I won't lie. It sucks bad.

Your co worker sounds like a great friend. It would be the way I would enjoy going.

I already had my toast to atheism and life by myself. Trying to remember fond memories and treasure anything currently. I know I will not go to heaven or to hell and will disappear forever but the thought only eases my mind it doesn't make me afraid of it.

I am going to sleep and despite all my friendliness and warmness I have never cried this much in my life.

Maybe that is the last thing I need to do. Just cry.

Thank you all. I owe you plenty. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow.

Even though I don't drink maybe its time to change that just to experience something else.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
17-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Ok, Bro. Good night.
Check in with us in the morning, okay?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Just on the subject topic..
depression/anxiety....
Making love to my hand always helped in that area...
But on a serious note...
Depression kicked my ass... I'll admit it, done it before, it's scary as fuck thinking in your head how to best off yerself with the least amount of pain. Never had I ever thought I would actually think about such a thing.. but it happened. There was a very dark moment in my life when I wanted to end it. Fortunately I reminded myself that it was the chickenshit way out of a tough situation and I'm no chickenshit!!!
As far as anxiety.. well fuck.. that sucks too!! Suffered a few anxiety attacks.. during my depression stage and afterwards..
Anyhow in the end of it all.. ( long fuckin story ) but in the end of it all it left me stronger.. left me hating the idea of some deity being in control of it all... and learned that in the end .. I .. am in control of my destiny! NOBODY or NO-THING has power over me but myself!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
17-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Please please please don't do it. Anything is better than nothing. Listen to the people guiding you, my friend.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
17-07-2012, 02:26 AM
(16-07-2012 07:41 PM)aurora Wrote:  How weird is it that many wanna-be therapists have their own neurosis'/depression to deal with. I don't really understand how you can be helpful to others with these afflictions. I could be wrong as it's happened before Big Grin
Actually very logical.
When you have experienced mental problems yourself and you are finally over it you can relate much better and usually you are interested in the reasons.
At least that is the case with me.
What causes mental problems, how do they show, why do they show this and not another way, how do you get rid of them, how do you help getting rid of them, what role does society play in all this. For me very very interesting and actually exciting topic.
And I like to share what helped for me although I know that there is no perfect recipe for everyone, many things can at least improve everyone's live

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
17-07-2012, 02:47 AM
(17-07-2012 02:26 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 07:41 PM)aurora Wrote:  How weird is it that many wanna-be therapists have their own neurosis'/depression to deal with. I don't really understand how you can be helpful to others with these afflictions. I could be wrong as it's happened before Big Grin
Actually very logical.
When you have experienced mental problems yourself and you are finally over it you can relate much better and usually you are interested in the reasons.
At least that is the case with me.
What causes mental problems, how do they show, why do they show this and not another way, how do you get rid of them, how do you help getting rid of them, what role does society play in all this. For me very very interesting and actually exciting topic.
And I like to share what helped for me although I know that there is no perfect recipe for everyone, many things can at least improve everyone's live
Yes, Leela, I totally get that Smile
The only thing I was concerned about is relapse and maybe not being able to provide the help the patient needs. Although one would hope the inflicted person would cease practice and seek help themselves.

I appreciate your post, tho Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
17-07-2012, 05:10 AM
aurora: know what your prev post reminds me off? Big Grin
I used to have an arts teacher who I disliked a lot. One day we had to make a painting with the topic "sealife" so I took a magazine that had a crawfish in it and I painted that one. She came over, looked at it, "a lonely crawfish and the silence, just like you, so quiet and calm" I just looked at her "is your hobby psychology?" and instead of shutting up and leaving she actually answered "yes" *face palm*

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
17-07-2012, 11:34 AM
If you really want to do it, and you see no other way for yourself, no one is going to talk you out of it. But if that was the case I find it unlikely you would mention it out loud.

Since you are here my guess is you don't really want to do it, but would rather get some genuine help.

I would suggest first and foremost finding some where else to call home. You'd be surprised in how much a change of local can alter your mood as well as your outlook.

Good luck in everything you do.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-07-2012, 11:46 AM
I wish for help but in all honesty don't know what to do.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
17-07-2012, 11:51 AM
As much as I am for having the choice to die when you want and with dignity, I am not for the suicide of a depressed person.
You have other troubles, and I am sure that you can get over those troubles, with or without external help. You need to talk and brainstorm about your troubles and worries and about your life, about failure and all the things you hate. And once you are over all trauma and all the sadness, once you are done talking and crying and shouting, then you should think about it again. Once you are over all the shit in your life, that is when you can think about suicide and if you really want to do it.
You may say now, yes I thought it through, I want to end it all, but that's not you, that's your depression. The depression can go, and when it's gone you may think completely different.

Let us know that you are still around when you wake up, man.

- Wotsefack?! -