The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-07-2012, 12:03 PM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(17-07-2012 11:46 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I wish for help but in all honesty don't know what to do.

Good morning, Shiruba. I'm relieved you're still with us today.
If you're serious that you don't know what to do and you're open to a suggestion, I have a serious one to make...what you're going through is not just a series of bad luck and sad times. Your body has a physical ailment caused by the imbalance of brain chemicals. A major necessity is to get your brain chemicals back into balance. Not everyone will agree with me, but I believe in the power of the right medicines. So, today, my suggestion is you get some medical help. You can make a doctor appointment, but don't accept an appointment that is weeks away. You need to do something today, even if it means going to an emergency room. You may not think of your situation as that big of a deal, but you are in a very dangerous space and drastic action is needed which includes getting help even if you don't feel like it. Get some meds and keep being monitored because sometimes you have to go through a series of meds and different mixtures to get the right one. I actually spent months of suffering through a plethora of medications until I hit on a cocktail of chemicals that works for me. So don't let one experience taint you. You've got to be dedicated to get treatment for this, just like you would if you had cancer or a broken leg.
I'd like ask you to promise that you'll talk to someone today about this, but obviously I can't make you do that. All I can do is ask that you'll consider it and report back to us, if you will. You're a good guy, I can tell this even thru the interwebz. I'd hate to see you lose the battle.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
17-07-2012, 12:15 PM
well spoken Erxomai!!

and Shiruba I would like to offer you a friend's open ear/eye if you feel you would like to talk. You don't really know me but maybe that is exactly it, talking to a stranger and just get the load of your chest.
I sent you a pm, if you like respond, if not it's fine as well. At least go and get the meds, Erxomai really has a point there!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
17-07-2012, 12:39 PM
It just doesn't satisfy me that I need to rely on something to keep me alive. I have trouble taking care of my diabetes because I simply don't care. Even with the right medicine I am assured I won't take them properly.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
17-07-2012, 12:42 PM
(17-07-2012 12:39 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  It just doesn't satisfy me that I need to rely on something to keep me alive. I have trouble taking care of my diabetes because I simply don't care. Even with the right medicine I am assured I won't take them properly.

I get that. It doesn't satisfy me that I spent a lifetime believing in The God Who Isn't There, messing up my mind, my body, my sex-life. But I finally came to the point where I decided I wanted more answers before I check out. If you don't want more answers, there's not a whole lot anyone can do. Help is available. The road to recovery does exist. But if you don't want it, then you will be missed in very painful ways by those who care about you.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-07-2012, 01:35 PM
the diabetis can be taken very good care of, and that even with little effort. Just watch your diet and sugar levels. It is easy. My mom has diabetis and she does really well with it.

- Wotsefack?! -
17-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Just not happy. Its as simple as that. All those chances I had at becoming happy have disappeared.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

17-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Shiruba
you posted the video about that beautiful forest.
The man who led the film crew around said something very nice and important about people
"we have to co-exist and care for each other"
Now you have some online friends at least here, who are caring for you right now. In addition you will have to care for yourself.
You said yourself that it is not that easy to go to a doctor and seek out help and I know that this is true, on the other hands, once you have the guts to do so you will find that the doctors really do care and not just put a number on you. They will hear you out and find a way with you and for you, and maybe in your case you will, in the beginning, need a little push with medicine for the reasons Erxomai said. So best would be to do exactly that. And really say the truth when you are there. And do not play anything down when you do so.

- Wotsefack?! -
17-07-2012, 05:16 PM
The worst thing about suicide I how it drains your happiness, your hopes and dreams and replaces them with sadness, agony and despair. As I continue to go through with it I have something preventing me from doing so. Telling me I can live. It's surprising that even in my deepest sadness I have something standing against it.

Like a chihuahua trying to fight a pitbull despite it losing its still there.

17-07-2012, 06:07 PM
(17-07-2012 05:16 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  The worst thing about suicide I how it drains your happiness, your hopes and dreams and replaces them with sadness, agony and despair. As I continue to go through with it I have something preventing me from doing so. Telling me I can live. It's surprising that even in my deepest sadness I have something standing against it.

Like a chihuahua trying to fight a pitbull despite it losing its still there.

What do you think that "something" is?

~Izel
17-07-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, ShirubaDangan. I'm glad that you're still here, and it shows that you still believe in yourself by telling us how things are.

Erxomai's words are golden.

The first step you took was to reach out to us. You're needing extra help in your crisis. You've fought very hard and bravely, and right now would be the time to get extra support. You're fighting for your life! Break free from the isolation. Please, speak to a doctor. Please, talk to someone you know cares about you in your area. Please know you are surrounded by those who can help. You can live - your instincts are right.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post