The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
You've told me about what's going on with your mother, but now that I've thought about it... It reminds me of me with my eating disorder.
She does need to seek professional guidance on what to do because I know that if I hadn't, I would be in a horrible situation. And seeking help is NOTHING to be ashamed of AT ALL.
Let her know that I love her and I'll be praying for her, although she may not believe in that stuff.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
15-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Sometimes my brain does things I don't really understand.

I don't know how other people experience reality, I have only ever been in my own mind, but sometimes I feel like I'm not really here, and my brain is off doing something I can't control, or I know not what. It's terrifying. And today, it's decided to be depressed about everything.

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
15-10-2012, 10:11 AM
(15-10-2012 09:00 AM)NeonMoment Wrote:  Sometimes my brain does things I don't really understand.

I don't know how other people experience reality, I have only ever been in my own mind, but sometimes I feel like I'm not really here, and my brain is off doing something I can't control, or I know not what. It's terrifying. And today, it's decided to be depressed about everything.

I love that. Do other people see the same colours as me? Probably roughly I guess, but probably not exactly. But how awesome would it be to see through someone else's eyes for a few seconds?

Don't be depressed Smile The world is a wonderful place and I'm skiving off work Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-10-2012, 10:54 AM
(15-10-2012 10:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 09:00 AM)NeonMoment Wrote:  Sometimes my brain does things I don't really understand.

I love that. Do other people see the same colours as me? Probably roughly I guess, but probably not exactly. But how awesome would it be to see through someone else's eyes for a few seconds?

Don't be depressed Smile The world is a wonderful place and I'm skiving off work Big Grin

I know it is. But sometimes when I'm left alone with my thoughts, I think myself in to feel worthless.

I wish I could experience someone else's reality for just one day.

My Blog
15-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Be careful what you ask for...just because someone else's reality looks good from the outside doesn't mean it is.

You are having a crap day, it happens.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-10-2012, 11:21 AM
(15-10-2012 11:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Be careful what you ask for...just because someone else's reality looks good from the outside doesn't mean it is.

It's less that I think someone else's reality will be better...more that I wonder if the way I feel about reality is normal. Like I said, I have no idea how other people experience reality...and sometimes it feels like something is wrong with how I feel inside it. I'm not sure how to explain it really...

My Blog
15-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Normal is boring...and a setting on a washing machine.

We all perceive things differently for a lot of different reasons. Just because you don't think or feel just like you suppose others do doesn't mean anything other than you are you and they are who they are. Unless you are talking about some really batshit crazy things you'll be fine.

Is there even a piece of it you thing you can explain? Maybe just getting the thought out and said aloud (as it were) will help.

And if you are looking for normal...good luck finding it on this forum! Tongue

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-10-2012, 11:40 AM
(15-10-2012 11:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Normal is boring...and a setting on a washing machine.

We all perceive things differently for a lot of different reasons. Just because you don't think or feel just like you suppose others do doesn't mean anything other than you are you and they are who they are. Unless you are talking about some really batshit crazy things you'll be fine.

Is there even a piece of it you thing you can explain? Maybe just getting the thought out and said aloud (as it were) will help.

And if you are looking for normal...good luck finding it on this forum! Tongue

it's like...I'm aware of being just a thing in a moving shell. Like...sometimes my mind wanders off and I feel like I'm just moving on automatic. And then it comes back and I'm like "oh...I'm in a hallway...I don't feel like I'm in a hallway...how did I get here? When did I get here?"

And it's all the time. It's like my mind can't stay in place, and when it gets really bad I have anxiety attacks...no matter what I do I can't seem to get a handle on it.

My Blog
15-10-2012, 11:48 AM
(15-10-2012 11:21 AM)NeonMoment Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 11:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Be careful what you ask for...just because someone else's reality looks good from the outside doesn't mean it is.

It's less that I think someone else's reality will be better...more that I wonder if the way I feel about reality is normal. Like I said, I have no idea how other people experience reality...and sometimes it feels like something is wrong with how I feel inside it. I'm not sure how to explain it really...

I do think I understand what you're getting at. I sometimes find myself watching other people and wondering if they see the world the way I do. I have strange idiosyncracies that come out when I'm alone and I wonder if other people have some of the same tendencies and/or thoughts. Sometimes I don't feel very normal, but I guess it's normal to feel that way. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-10-2012, 12:55 PM
If you are having panic attacks it may be worth talking with someone. A doctor may be best but you could start with a school counselor.

I think everyone has moments if wondering what's going on and is it okay, but when it gets to the point of creating real anxiety then professional help may be in order.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post