The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-01-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
My god, depression seems to be my closest friend right now.
I cannot seem to push it away.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 09:29 AM
(11-01-2013 12:47 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  My god, depression seems to be my closest friend right now.
You can do it if you want it bad enough. I didn't think I ever could either. But I was surprised how easy it became with help.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
13-01-2013, 09:54 AM
hugs and ice cream always. And some sleep.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
13-01-2013, 09:55 AM
(13-01-2013 09:29 AM)smidgen Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 12:47 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  My god, depression seems to be my closest friend right now.
You can do it if you want it bad enough. I didn't think I ever could either. But I was surprised how easy it became with help.

Same here. I've had lots of therapy and read all kinds of self-help books to address issues from childhood and adolescence. Frankly, I got so used to always being depressed that it would feel so weird when I wasn't; so I would dig up something out of my head to get that way again.

I really saw that it was holding me back from being the mother I wanted to be for my kids, and the companion that my husband deserved.

When I realized all that, I also came to the conclusion that there was nothing that I could do about my issues except go forward.

I'm not saying that you should "snap out of it" ( Censored I really hate that phrase) and do what I did; I'm just saying that this is what helped me. And I hope my advice helps you.

If not, I'm glad you read my post all the same. Big Grin

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
[+] 1 user Likes thewellkeptwoman's post
13-01-2013, 07:01 PM
\
(13-01-2013 09:55 AM)thewellkeptwoman Wrote:  I'm not saying that you should "snap out of it" ( Censored I really hate that phrase)
Oh I hate that very much. The ex husband used that one on me. And it helped me so much that by the end of our relationship I tried to put a big ol bullet in my brain. oh goody. And if I can do a 180 from that "hell" anybody can.

[+] 2 users Like smidgen's post
25-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Wilko Johnson has spoken of the strange "euphoria" he has experienced since being diagnosed with terminal cancer.
The former Dr Feelgood guitarist said the news made him feel "vividly alive" - and lifted the bouts of depression he had previously experienced...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
25-01-2013, 12:32 PM
I would really appreciate it if you guys could link me to some online self-help books.
That would be wonderful.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2013, 06:43 PM
(25-01-2013 12:32 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  I would really appreciate it if you guys could link me to some online self-help books.
That would be wonderful.
Cognitive Therapy helped me a lot when I was in therapy. It helps with the distorted thoughts.

Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy David Burns - I remember this book being recommended but can't remember if I read it or not. It is supposed to be a very good book.

I read the best book but I can't find it and don't remember the author. I'll post it if I figure it out.

Two of the best things you can do for yourself is exercise and spend as much time out side as possible. When I started hiking my depression as well as my entire outlook on life did a 180.
But something as simple as taking a walk around the block or just sitting on your porch for a while can help.

I will post about that book if I find it.

25-01-2013, 07:25 PM
I found it. I knew if I searched online long enough her name would pop up.
This book helped me more than any other book I read.

Lucinda Bassett - From panic to power.

26-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Hey guys,

I've been dealing with a strange mixture of anxiety, tiredness and tooth issues for the past three weeks. I HATE this. I don't know how long it's gonna last, since the paperwork is still in order for coverage for the (maybe) crown and (most likely) root canals.

I feel strained from all of this. I'm going through a constant pain for two teeth. There's no ebb and flow. It's always there. Even with pain meds, it's there. Eating is a nightmare. I'm not hungry much now. I like food, but it's all cardboard now because it goes down quick so sharp pains can be over quick. Sleep is now napping during the night. Like *more* so than before.

I'm still cheerful and the like in short bursts, but now I'm questioning my actions all the time because my body is like "Hey! Alert; some shit is going down, but you'll never guess what it is: your teeth!" It brain ninja's me every single time.

I don't like it. I don't even know if it'll be gone once the work is done on my teeth. I just fear it's gonna get me in an even bigger sinkhole than now.

If my posts fuck up; you know why.

CTS

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  another vitamin & supplement thread Bows and Arrows 2 142 26-02-2014 07:54 AM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Depression and Unpleasant Truths Dark Phoenix 16 585 13-01-2014 04:11 PM
Last Post: bemore
  Social Anxiety and Alcoholism GodlessnFree 6 624 26-03-2013 12:23 PM