The Depression/Anxiety Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-09-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: The Depression/Anxiety Thread
(02-09-2014 05:40 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 05:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Lexapro has been a wonder drug for me. How long have you been on it?

Of course, we are all different and different things work for each of us. I take a very small dose which allows me to stop taking it from time to time without dealing with withdrawal.

About two months. After I had my first two weeks, I thought things were turning around. I was doing things. However, it's possible it was me just feeling good because of the Zoloft I was alternating between. I may suggest going back to Zoloft as it probably was just starting to work, or try out combining the two.

I've been through a lot of meds and practically none of them do anything for me or give any side effects.

I have been through several of them myself. Zoloft didn't work for me. Give the Lexapro a chance but I wouldn't suggest mixing the two unless your doctor says to. It's possible that you would do better on a higher dose after the initial weeks are done.

I have been able to do okay with 10 mg a day though they say I could take much more. More makes me groggy in the morning.

It is trial and error to find the right thing. Hang in there!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2014, 04:19 PM
New blood test could be first to detect clinical depression

About time the witchdoctors got some proper diagnostic tools.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-09-2014, 04:53 PM
(17-09-2014 04:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  New blood test could be first to detect clinical depression

About time the witchdoctors got some proper diagnostic tools.

The bones and feathers were getting old. And the dancing, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post