The Design of the Simplest Self-Replicator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 11:33 AM
RE: The Design of the Simplest Self-Replicator
It couldn't have happened by any natural means because the odds of that happenening are astronomical, but magic is much more likely. Seems logical. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
28-07-2015, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 12:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-07-2015 05:36 PM)Godexists Wrote:  A reasonable scientific hypothesis is that the Master Designer designed wisely all life types for this successful cohabitation of Homo Sapiens with all other types of life. More so it is hypothesized (again scientifically) that the Earth, the Solar System, the Milky Way Galaxy and the Whole Universe was designed and finely adjusted by the Master Designer so that Homo Sapiens and all other life forms have a comfortable and enjoyable place to live.

Since those hypotheses are intrinsically untestable there is nothing reasonable or scientific about them. And I don't know what planet you're living on but for most life on this planet there is nothing comfortable or enjoyable about it.

And I can't help but think when I'm reading this "Who run Barter Town?"

That and "We're in the middle of the makin's of the master blaster jammin'."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-07-2015, 12:07 PM
(28-07-2015 10:37 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Why do we, as Thinking Atheists, resort to ad hominem attacks? It doesn't give our credibility a boost.

Shits and giggles. And we got zero credibility to begin with according to most. Multiplying anything by zero is still zero.

(28-07-2015 10:37 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  There should be plenty of documentation/studies/experiments out there that blow his arguments out of the water.

EDIT;
Like what Inigo did

They don't acknowledge the documentation/studies/experiments out there. So we're left with shits and giggles.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Can a mod move this thread to the Creationism forum? It's got zero relevance to atheism or theism. (Even its creationist hypothesis is at most deistic.) Given that threads on the actual topic of this forum are being shoved off the front page in only a few hours, this thing's just taking up space.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
28-07-2015, 11:58 PM
(28-07-2015 10:37 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 06:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  Oh look, it's ol' Existy-pants with another line of bullshit.

If God does exist, why does he appoint *you* to tell the world? Since you're so feckin' horrible at it? He could hire an ad agency but noooooooooooo...

Why do we, as Thinking Atheists, resort to ad hominem attacks? It doesn't give our credibility a boost.

There should be plenty of documentation/studies/experiments out there that blow his arguments out of the water.

EDIT;
Like what Inigo did

I speak my mind, you speak yours, we're all happy. You don't like my style? So the fuck what? It's not ad hom anyway. It's insult + question. There's a difference.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-07-2015, 08:26 AM
If you want to show design, you need to show a logical connection to your proposed designer and that this designer is a plausible thing to exist/occur.

Until then, the argument from ignorance is ignored. Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
30-07-2015, 08:01 AM
I forgot to add one more cherry on top of the icing. The cross chiral RNA polymerase that was discovered arose from a library of 1,000,000,000,000,000 RANDOM RNAs using directed evolution. No design whatsoever. I do wish people would get the very simple idea that when you have large amounts of time (i.e. billions of years) to make very large numbers of molecules (RNAs, proteins, enzymes, lipids, etc) you are going to make the molecules required for life.
[+] 2 users Like Iñigo's post