The Desparation Of (A)theism Exemplified

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
04-07-2013, 06:17 AM
RE: The Desparation Of (A)theism Exemplified
Wait, go back to the coat.

Did they buy it or finance it? Because if they financed it, the financing entity owns it until the payments are completed. They haven't bought anything, their "paying" for something that they will eventually own. To buy assumes ownership.

Also, it's widely accepted that we're currently in the summer season. Was the coat on sale, or is the buyer just anticipating their current winter coat will not be sufficient for this coming winter. If the latter, how are they coming to that prognosis?

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Also, is it really a coat ? or are we talking about a jacket ?
Some people mean coat when all they want is a jacket and then depending on where you are from a parka is a coat and everything else is simply a jacket.

I think we really need more information about this coat.
I'm kinda skeptical that there is a coat in the first place.
Perhaps a picture of the coat ? Maybe a receipt showing you really bought one ?

I don't want to read about some stories written 70 years from now about people who say you bought a coat, talking about how it had magical pockets.
Cause that would be some unbelievable SHIT

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
04-07-2013, 07:32 AM
(03-07-2013 09:20 PM)The Theist Wrote:  That's what's so fun about this.

The desperation of the atheist in seeing a contradiction in the chronological and the topical creation accounts is a a pretty good indication of human stupidity.

Just thought I would let you ignorant mother fucking atheists know that.

I'm glad you're having a good time.

This is what you deem worthy of an entire thread? The argument of the creation contradiction is really only useful to point out to hardline fundamentalists who insist that every word in the bible is inerrant. It's not interesting.

It's a very arbitrary notion that has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my beliefs. So where again exactly is my desperation?

This entire thread reeks of the fact that you're so desperate for a sign, any sign, that your wishy washy (I'm not a christian, I just act like and believe the exact same shit as one) belief has any creedence at all. So you attack the weakest random argument against the bible that's ever been made?

There's a contradiction, there's not a contradiction......

It's all a fucking fairy tale you dick, who cares?

You want to be taken seriously? It's a bit too late my friend.

Just thought I would let your ignorant mother fucking theist ass know.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
04-07-2013, 10:07 AM
[Image: Free-shipping-2013-Winter-Texture-Thicke...h-font.jpg]

This thread only needs coats. It doesn't deserve any real merit or thought. The OP didn't use any.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
04-07-2013, 12:15 PM
(04-07-2013 04:22 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 10:58 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  explaining how an event could be described in past or present tense (thanks for the brilliant coat/mall analogy, after all I flunked out of my fancy pants secular grammer school and I don't know if I could have pieced that together on my own with garage science) but you never cited one example of it (not that finding such an example would amount to dick). So what, I ask again, is this point? Or did you just want to show us all how you finally learned that "He done went and did..." is no way to begin a sentence?

Oh you flunked out of your fancy pants secular grammar school?! Me I was a good looking kid so the underpaid fucked up flunkies in charge of my education saw to it. Of course it didn't hurt that I could toss the old pigskin. Drunk. Through higher education got my papers and I was free.

By the way. A message to all of the younger atheist idiots here, most of these bitter fucks posting here are formerly religious. Not me. Never went to church. I have no dull rusty axe to grind.

Just find athiest idiots amusing.

Apparently sarcasm is also beyond your meager understanding.

You never went to church, why the fuck are you here posting this non-sense?

I'm ex-religious myself, I have a kid and a mortgage so playing the "you're young and naive" card on me is a miss.

Also you never answered my question...What fucking point?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2013, 12:46 PM
(04-07-2013 04:44 AM)The Theist Wrote:  Now, most atheists don't care to discuss the Bible, don't care one way or the other, and to me, that's cool. It's only when an idiot atheist opens up its fucking mouth that I have a problem with them.

So "militant" atheists are "it"s and atheism is tolerable only in silence, got it.

What's interesting is that the original post was that poster's first post here in 6 months. Furthermore, it was not in reply to an existing thread, nor did it call out specific individual, or thread, for opening up its fucking mouth. It was just tossed out there and clearly NOT in reply to someone on the board opening up its fucking mouth.

(04-07-2013 04:44 AM)The Theist Wrote:  So be a smart ass and ramble rather than correct my OP.

Well, since the request is phrased so nicely....

(03-07-2013 09:20 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Lets say I told a friend of mine that I was going to the mall to buy a winter coat. Let's say I did that. Lets say I told another friend of mine that I bought a winter coat at the mall.

Contradictory explanations? No. Chronological and topical explanations of the same event in an order accordingly.

Let me explain, in case they didn't teach you how to think for yourself in your mode of so called "education."

The chronological is given in the order of time.

1. I went to the mall.

2. I bought a winter coat.

The topical is given according to the significance of the account.

1. I bought this coat.

2. At the mall.

They don't contradict.

Lets say that you were a "reasonable" person. No problem with this mundane series of facts.

Lets say you were emotionally fixed as a theist or an atheist to disect this series of events like a blind woodsman.

There were forums for and forums against and the battle lines drawn in the dusty ruins of history repeating itself you suddenly found yourself in the dark ages. Transported through time.

Wouldn't that be cool? No? Well yes it would, because you could fuck with people's minds. People's minds . . .

Ha.

Yeah, well, people's minds are simultanously void of abstract and filled with bunk.

That's what's so fun about this.

The desperation of the atheist in seeing a contradiction in the chronological and the topical creation accounts is a a pretty good indication of human stupidity.

Just thought I would let you ignorant mother fucking atheists know that.

Fixed. At least as best it can be fixed. I mean, it's kinda circling around a point of attempting to address certain complaints about Biblical consistency (not all of them, because many such complaints don't make the type of error being described), but the complaints are never identified, or tied to the individuals making those complaints, or even spelled out in general terms. Can KINDA make it out in the negative space, so to speak, but not really. I can't any more fix that than I could fix a post someone accidentally highlighted the entire text box and replaced with a single apostrophe before posting. The information just ain't there. It's like the OP is complaining about an abandoned vehicle on the road and demanding we tow it, without telling us make, model, license plate, location, or anything beyond its color. Even leaving aside the question of us figuring out whether it's really abandoned and should be towed, that's not enough to go on.

In any case, the OP is not interested in a civil discussion, to judge by the ratio of ad hominems, cussing, and hate speech to actual content. Not worth my time. Done here.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
04-07-2013, 01:04 PM
(03-07-2013 09:20 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Just thought I would let you ignorant mother fucking atheists know that.

As I tell my fellow atheists, if you're honestly interested in convincing your opponents with your arguments rather than making yourself feel good, avoid insults... they'll just cause your opponents to react reflexively in disagreement.

I'm glad you've noticed that both atheists and theists can be irrational, but if you really believed your own words then you wouldn't direct your anger at atheism (and especially at atheists themselves) but rather at irrationality.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
04-07-2013, 01:40 PM
(04-07-2013 04:32 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 11:10 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Chronological order and human language are not the same thing.

Also those things are not facts with out evidence. They are merely assertions of something you may have or have not done in reality. Worded in two different ways in an attempt to show that atheists do not understand English.

What's this?! A reasonable response? That's an original surprise.

Chronological order and human language are not the same?

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Completely irrelevant.

Facts without evidence? Are you by any chance a school teacher?

Lets go over the facts, the . . . uh . . . evidence, agian.

1. Idiot atheists think there is a contradiction in the two creation accounts.

2. They're wrong.

Which creation accounts?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
04-07-2013, 02:12 PM
(04-07-2013 10:07 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  [Image: Free-shipping-2013-Winter-Texture-Thicke...h-font.jpg]

This thread only needs coats. It doesn't deserve any real merit or thought. The OP didn't use any.

I like that coat. But it's got a hood, I thought coats didn't have hoods.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

04-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I'll accept the ignorant, but I'll have you know I've never touched anyone's mother with amorous intent.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
[+] 2 users Like KeenIdiot's post