The Desparation Of (A)theism Exemplified

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: The Desparation Of (A)theism Exemplified
(04-07-2013 02:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-07-2013 10:07 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  [Image: Free-shipping-2013-Winter-Texture-Thicke...h-font.jpg]

This thread only needs coats. It doesn't deserve any real merit or thought. The OP didn't use any.

I like that coat. But it's got a hood, I thought coats didn't have hoods.

What??? What good is a winter coat without a hood? Them winds be freezin' and shit!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 02:58 PM
(04-07-2013 02:50 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-07-2013 02:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like that coat. But it's got a hood, I thought coats didn't have hoods.

What??? What good is a winter coat without a hood? Them winds be freezin' and shit!

I was taught that a proper coat didn't have a hood. If it did it became a parka or something like that. One might wear a hat.

A proper coat has a long fit, generally down passed the knees.

A parka with a hood, goes below the waist. But not much passed the rear.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

04-07-2013, 03:40 PM
(04-07-2013 02:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was taught that a proper coat didn't have a hood. If it did it became a parka or something like that. One might wear a hat.

Okay, well that might be "proper".......in England or something. Here in 'Merica our coats have hoods, darn it. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-07-2013, 03:48 PM
(04-07-2013 03:40 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-07-2013 02:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was taught that a proper coat didn't have a hood. If it did it became a parka or something like that. One might wear a hat.

Okay, well that might be "proper".......in England or something. Here in 'Merica our coats have hoods, darn it. Tongue

Dude, I'm as "merican" as fucking apple pie and Chevy. Wink Maybe my Californian fashion sense is just showing. Tongue

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

04-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Fashion sense? Is that like spider sense?

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
04-07-2013, 04:44 PM
(04-07-2013 04:42 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Fashion sense? Is that like spider sense?

Yes. She tingles any time Designer brands go on sale.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Hold up there Revenant, we Californians (at least the true ones) don't like any designer brands. We wear jeans and work shirts and look scruffy. At least I do.
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Ah. I know that one. Hipster, right?

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
04-07-2013, 05:10 PM
(04-07-2013 04:48 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Ah. I know that one. Hipster, right?

Through the mist a wild hipster appears, if we are indeed lucky he will play for us the song of his people (the clicking of typewriter keys).

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
04-07-2013, 05:27 PM
(03-07-2013 09:20 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Lets say I told a friend of mine that I was going to the mall to buy a winter coat. Let's say I did that. Lets say I told another friend of mine that I bought a winter coat at the mall.

Contradictory explanations? No. Chronological and topical explanations of the same event in an order accordingly.

Let me explain, in case they didn't teach you how to think for yourself in your mode of so called "education."

The chronological is given in the order of time.

1. I went to the mall.

2. I bought a winter coat.

The topical is given according to the significance of the account.

1. I bought this coat.

2. At the mall.

They don't contradict.

Lets say that you were a "reasonable" person. No problem with this mundane series of facts.

Lets say you were emotionally fixed as a theist or an atheist to disect this series of events like a blind woodsman.

There were forums for and forums against and the battle lines drawn in the dusty ruins of history repeating itself you suddenly found yourself in the dark ages. Transported through time.

Wouldn't that be cool? No? Well yes it would, because you could fuck with people's minds. People's minds . . .

Ha.

Yeah, well, people's minds are simultanously void of abstract and filled with bunk.

That's what's so fun about this.

The desperation of the atheist in seeing a contradiction in the chronological and the topical creation accounts is a a pretty good indication of human stupidity.

Just thought I would let you ignorant mother fucking atheists know that.
Ah, today's topic of the day is contradictions.
"Yesterday", it was evolution.
What will it be tomorrow? Biblical atrocities?

Clearly you can't see the forest for the trees.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair