The "Don't" of Travel :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: The "Don't" of Travel :)
(08-12-2015 01:17 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I was Turkey many years ago, early 90's, and I enjoyed it. I really got into Turkish black tea more so than coffee. I visited lots of different places. My favourite was a visit to Ephesus and Cappadocia. I found the people very friendly. I had tea with some of the locals in Kayseri, they even brought me to visit a mosque.

I live literally 15 minutes away from Ephesus Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
08-12-2015, 01:36 PM
(08-12-2015 01:14 PM)izel Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 01:10 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  If it were me I would be too busy making puns like "Turkey is nice but I like Ham better".

Do not say that here hahaha

Noted Smile

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
08-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Izel, I know. I want to visit the eastern Med and central Europe badly. But they are bombing people across the border. These are the kind of things I cannot convince my wife about.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
08-12-2015, 01:42 PM
(08-12-2015 01:38 PM)skyking Wrote:  Izel, I know. I want to visit the eastern Med and central Europe badly. But they are bombing people across the border. These are the kind of things I cannot convince my wife about.

That they do Smile but its over 1000 kilometers from here Smile. Here is a video about İzmir. You can skip forward a bit.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
08-12-2015, 01:46 PM
(08-12-2015 01:26 PM)izel Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 01:17 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I was Turkey many years ago, early 90's, and I enjoyed it. I really got into Turkish black tea more so than coffee. I visited lots of different places. My favourite was a visit to Ephesus and Cappadocia. I found the people very friendly. I had tea with some of the locals in Kayseri, they even brought me to visit a mosque.

I live literally 15 minutes away from Ephesus Laugh out load

Ephesos is that close to Smyrna? I thought it was farther south - or maybe I'm thinking of Miletos...

There are altogether too many historical sites around there to keep track of.

... this is my signature!
08-12-2015, 01:57 PM
(08-12-2015 01:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 01:26 PM)izel Wrote:  I live literally 15 minutes away from Ephesus Laugh out load

Ephesos is that close to Smyrna? I thought it was farther south - or maybe I'm thinking of Miletos...

There are altogether too many historical sites around there to keep track of.

Smyrna is the Greek name of İzmir. Ephesus is in Selçuk/İzmir

1 Like = 1 Prayer
08-12-2015, 02:21 PM
(08-12-2015 12:07 PM)cjlr Wrote:  ...
Pfft. Everybody knows how to speak English so long as it's loud enough and slow enough!

And don't forget pointing. Point loudly and clearly to be understood.

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
08-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Some more don'ts...

Don't forget to get a visa for New Zealand. They let me in but I'm now on their black-list. Ooops.

Don't forget to take your ATM card from the machine in Thailand. The card comes out after the money, unlike most other countries where the card is returned before the cash. Also, don't insult the king and don't go for the tall, amazingly attractive girls ... they aren't.

Don't do the 'pointing and talking loudly' thing in Paris if you want good service. Have a go at speaking French, allow yourself to be laughed at, smile sheepishly and apologise for being English ... then you'll get respect.

Don't ask for a bacon sandwich in Indonesia.

Don't follow the Beijing restroom attendant into his secret room to get an illegal smoke unless you want your cock sucked.

Blush

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
08-12-2015, 02:40 PM
(08-12-2015 02:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Also, don't insult the king and don't go for the tall, amazingly attractive girls ... they aren't.

Just close your eyes and pretend. They're happy, you're happy.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
08-12-2015, 02:45 PM
(08-12-2015 02:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 02:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Also, don't insult the king and don't go for the tall, amazingly attractive girls ... they aren't.

Just close your eyes and pretend. They're happy, you're happy.

Laugh out load
No